Car vs. Building on Main St.

Holy cow - how did that happen? Hope everyone is ok! I think it's the dog washing place.

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '17

Re: Car vs. Building on Main St.

This was captured by an onlooker this morning.

hktwnBID hktwnBID
Oct '17

Oh geez! I hope there were no injuries.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '17

Only the driver was slightly injured.

Press Release(10/17/17): Car Vs Building Crash

On 10/17/17 at aprpox 9:47AM the Hackettstown Police Department, the Hackettstown Rescue Squad and the Hackettstown Fire Department responded to 283 Main St for a report of a car into a building with injuries. Through an investigation it was determined that 76yro Norman Barrier of Budd Lake, was driving a 2008 Jeep and was at the intersection of Center St and Route 46. A witness stated the car reversed on Center St, and then preceded forward, crossing Route 46 and crashing through the Scrub-A-Dub Doggie (283 Main St) building. The driver stated his foot slipped off the brake and caused his vehicle to accelerate into the intersection and then into the building. The driver suffered a laceration to the face and refused medical attention. The driver was issued a summons for careless driving. The building sustained heavy damage to the front entrance, windows and to the structure. The business was closed at the time of the crash. The business will remain closed until the structure’s integrity has been checked. Assisting at the scene was the Hackettstown Construction Officer and the Mount Olive Twp. Fire Marshal.

jrsemom jrsemom
Oct '17

When I drove by earlier, the building had not yet been boarded up, and it was pretty shocking to see. I just kept hoping no one was in the shop at the time of the crash...*thank goodness* they were closed, and glad to hear the driver will be fine, too.

Rebecka Rebecka
Oct '17

Sorry to say, but time to stop driving...

I went through about 10:15 and just saw EMS and fire truck but car was gone. Front of the store looked bad. Was wondering what had happened.

Snickfly Snickfly
Oct '17

wow hope no one hurt

Cabello Cabello
Oct '17

Was at Scrub-A-Dub Doggie with my dog Rosie on Saturday, November 10th. They are opened for business and were only closed a week, after the accident. The front has boards where there had been glass in the front Windows. The back door where the generous parking is, is open .
Rosie looks, beautiful, as do her nails. She loves the toy basket and everyone is so nice to her. Rosie is very friendly and loves to play. I am thrilled they were able to reopen so quickly.
I have always been happy with the services offered by owner Lori Van Ness at her shop Scrub-A-Dub Doggie, 283 Main St. Hackettstown.

Susan Cecere Susan Cecere
Nov '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.