Pickleball

Tons of fun. I play at the Randolph YMCA. Love to know - Is anyone playing Pickleball in the area ?

just coach just coach
Oct '17

May just be the biggest physical recreation fad for the senior folk down in FLA now.

Roywhite Roywhite
Oct '17

I LOVE pickleball! We played this in high school back in the day (I am currently 31). Love it and yet so many people do not know what it is.

hopatcongmom hopatcongmom
Oct '17

@hopatcongmom We were still playing it when I was there too 2 years ago, it was fun but I never really got how to play so I was pretty bad lol

Urav Desai
Oct '17

Man I live in Florida now and visiting , there are all ages playing pickle ball . In fact it is in all of the high schools .not just for the seniors . But there are a lot of seniors playing heck I bet it gets just as popular as tennis at some point. US Open pickle Ball Championship in Naples had 2200 participants of all ages .

Naples Naples
Jun '18

Great game to play for all ages !! Unfortunately it is not part of Physical Education Curriculum in many schools due to the oversized Classes. Fun to play!

LittlePiglet LittlePiglet
Jun '18

https://youtu.be/fTvPYdKZqO0

Good intro video for those interested

Skippy Skippy
Jun '18

Omg its on tv, cbs sports channel 10-1am.

Roywhite Roywhite
Jun '18

This looks like a lot of fun....and I do have my ping pong trophy from back in the day

Happygirl Happygirl
Jun '18

Would love to play pickleball in the Hackettstown area. Are there any courts nearby?

Bruce Howell Bruce Howell
Jul '18

Search Chester nj pickleball on Facebook for schedule

Just coach Just coach
Jul '18

When I first heard of it I laughed but it is appealing to many. It is derived from Badminton, Table Tennis, and Tennis. So, Tennis a bit too much for you (like me, just so many sports you can be good at), Pickleball is the answer. Note, you may not want to live near one though with the constant noise of the ball. Real big down in Florida, nice it is picking up in NJ.

fredon rec center
mwf 9am

jliegner jliegner
Aug '18

Looks like platform tennis, only slower.

One-eyed Poacher One-eyed Poacher
Aug '18

Looking for game. What days & times most likely to find a game?

Edgar Woerner Edgar Woerner
Aug '20

There is a newly installed court at Field of Dreams. Looks like fun!!

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Aug '20

I have family visiting from California who would like to play pickleball - any takers? We live in Vienna, so Hackettstown or Great Meadows would be great

Kathleen Nolan Kathleen Nolan
Jul '21

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Re: Pickleball
Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.