(New) Hackettstown Middle School doors

I just was at the Middle School and shocked that the old middle front doors have been replaced. I was at the board meeting where there was concern from people that these old doors might be replaced with the new security upgrade. I swore Sup. Mango said they were going to look into replicating the doors if they needed to be replaced. Um, what happened with that? I know they adhere to security standards but they feel cheap. Those doors were there when I went to school so I know I may be biased!

Chrissy Chrissy
Oct '17

Did you reach out to Mr Mango and ask him? All you’re going to get here is some speculation from many posters, iJay will blame the union for the doors, BD will blame the pensions and Hammer will talk about how the doors belong to GMRSD because of the tuition payback.

btownguy btownguy
Oct '17

The world changes and we must change with it.

Its a door ... Really ? U got anything better to worry about ? Lol sorry ...

Wow! This is ridiculous!

positive positive
Oct '17

OMG another one of these threads. Smacks hand to forehead.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '17

I just hope the doors are hung straight. We already have the embarrassment of the Allamuchy sign in the area.

Aquarius Aquarius
Oct '17

LOL Aquarius!

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '17

I went by today. There was no new door. It was ajar.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Oct '17

Superintendents are construction and security experts, LOL...

Yes, new doors, why not keep up with security standards...?

tripsy tripsy
Oct '17

Re: (New) Hackettstown Middle School doors

I personally love a good Doors thread. Riders on the storm.....

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '17

How about not being so paranoid and anal? I'm sorry but there are much bigger issues to be concerned about.

Are secure doors going to keep the nuts out? I don't think so.

Please don't raise your kids to be so paranoid like yourselves..it will only escalate the mindset of our society.

I'm so thankful that I'm not a school official..

positive positive
Oct '17

iJay, the Superintendent would have information regarding he plans and why that design was chosen. I’m sure the head of security, who has plenty of experience, was a key part of its design.

btownguy btownguy
Oct '17

"Lost in a Roman wilderness of pain
And all the children are insane, all the children are insane."

Calico +1

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Oct '17

I don't know what the doors look like but if they were (old school ) ten foot high wood doors they should have been sanded down stained mounted on the wall in the school some place with a plac that said the doors to many a future

I am sure the school had to up grade for many reasons and is it right to jump on some ones back when they notice change ( no its not right)

this is one thing wrong in our world today is most people walk around with there head in the clouds or there nose in there phone be well all blessed be to every one

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Oct '17

Isn't the school located in the Historical area? Was the society involved? Just curious.

auntiel auntiel
Oct '17

Thanks Caged Animal. Apparently I need to worry about better issues than what I thought were historic doors. And will turn my kids into paranoid adults for asking a question on something that has been in place at the school for many years and was concerned to see go. Thought this was a forum to ask questions/voice concerns, not to be attacked for asking them by particular posters whom I do not know personally.

Chrissy Chrissy
Oct '17

I wonder if the school system kept the doors as they should have or were they left to the installer of the new doors to "dispose" of.

That is an excellent thought for the use of the historic doors, Caged.

Chrissy.......take what you need and leave the rest.........

There are always going to be people that criticize, poke fun and be just plain rude...I try to just ignore them....they are intitled to their opinions as am I.....BUT I don't have to focus on them.........I take what I need and leave the rest.... :)

I have NO idea about the doors in the middle school........I do think it would be a shame to have replaced them if they could have been salvaged.......

littlelu littlelu
Oct '17

Our historic code has absolutely no teeth to it, so that would not have prevented it in any way - sad to see the doors go and would love to see them re-purposed in some way.

Oh and this was probably mandated by the state after Sandy Hook, it just took this long for it to run through all of the red tape.

trekster3~ trekster3~
Oct '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.