NFL 2017 Season

Did I miss the announcement where ESPN declared a search for the worst broadcasting duo in the history of sports? Rex Ryan and a Susan Waldmyn sound-alike? Are you kidding me? I usually "watch" the late game with my eyes closed and the sound up. Not tonight, lol...

Actually that's probably not fair to Susan. The auditory equivalent is probably Kenny Albert undergoing gender reassignment hormone replacement. I'm going to bed, lol

Train wreck! They had no idea what down it was early on.

So Waldman (or her doppleganger) does football now ? And is obviously terrible at it . Can we please have the option to cancel ESPN and lower our cable bills by 6 bucks per month or so ?

I believe the Suzyn (My goodness gracious, he's standing in George's box ) Waldman sound a like is Beth Mowins.

Here's a little Suzyn for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fdtn0Z4o8cM

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
September 12th

Nice shutout for the Ravens' defense. How about that Carson Wentz play for the Eagles? I've seen it at least a dozen times on NFL Network :-D

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
September 13th

Yay Ravens - exciting to watch!!! - and the Chiefs!

Can we change the subject (says the Redskins fan).

strangerdanger strangerdanger
September 13th

Yeah, Kirk Cousins is just not a good QB.

Tough game for my Beagles this week. If they can beat KC at Arrowhead, they should win the division. Odd are KC -5. Lower than I expected. One can only hope.....

Kirk Cousins not a good QB? He's easily in the top third, no? Half the teams in the league would love to have Kirk over what they're trotting out there. Not saying he's awesome or anything, but he's solid. In his two full seasons as starter he has a comp pct. in the high 60's and has thrown for over 4000 yds and has a better than 2-1 TD/Int rate.

Eli has to be benched! What's with the sack that the defensive guy whiffed and he still fell down. I know the offensive line is not good but he has no quickness. Time for a change.

Time for Reese to go. Never helped the offencive line in 5 years. Haven't had a run game because of the line.

"Not saying he's awesome or anything, but he's solid." I am going with gifted but not consistent.....yet. Exciting but also exasperating. We are ever hopeful.

After Sunday's win, just when I thought I was out, they dragged me back in.

“What’s that? What’s that?”

"You want to do Stranger a big favor, take him home. Just get him the hell out of here. Stranger, I’m doing you a favor.”

“Forget it, Stranger, it’s Redskins-town”

Apologies to the movie Chinatown.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
September 19th

The Jets would love to have Kirk Cousins.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
September 19th

Should be an interesting Eagles game this Sunday.

Is Wentz going to throw it 75 times? Is Blount going to get a single carry? I'm on pins and needles, lol.

This is only Doug Pederson's 2nd year as coach but he's already tied for the all-time Eagles record for Super Bowl championships. (-;

I just want to see Eli pounded into the ground by Cox and Co.

I wouldn't wish the beatings he's been taking on anyone... except maybe his horse-faced brother during one of those stupid Nationwide commercials.

LMAO! I just love seeing the "stupid Eli" look on his face.

Why were the Jets playing on Monday night?

Pardon me while I gloat!

Cowboys lose, Giants are a train wreck, Redskins on a bye and the Eagles kick some serious butt!

4-1 Philadelphia Eagles. Woot!

Note to Garrett: Never, ever, leave Aaron Rodgers that much time on the clock. Mr. Rodgers is a treasure in the NFL. He's the finest QB in the league right now IMO.

Calico696 Calico696
October 8th

Aaron Rodgers... what a heady, precise leader - but he has tools - Adams' catch in the endzone, wow! Also big this week - did you see those Chiefs?

@rleaf - I am happy the Chiefs are doing so well. It would be nice to see a new team from the AFC in the Super Bowl and they are not one of those teams with annoying players or coaches. Hard not to root for them.

@Calico696 - Congrats on the Eagles win and the Cowboys loss. Did you see when they gave Elliott that first down at the end of the game before the Packers got the ball back and won? The announcers do not mention it did not really look like he got the first down there. Looked like the officials were doing everything to hand the game to the Cowboys.

Now I will gloat, though I know it may be short-lived. My Jets are 3-2 while the Giants are 0-5! McAdoo was an awful replacement for Coughlin and should be fired with Reese their GM. And when will Eli Manning get benched? He is an awful QB and he needs to be benched already.

The Jets were supposed to "Suck for Sam" for the Draft next year, but I know they beat a hapless Browns, Dolphins and Jaguars (who looked good yesterday) and face a tough road ahead with the Patriots and Falcons in two of their next three games, but if they can even go 8-8 Todd Bowles has done a better job coaching the team then I give him credit for. McCown is a class act, on and off the field. He is no Aaron Rodgers but he is a good player who is hard not to root for.

As for announcers.... hearing James Lofton call the Jets/Jags game last week was awful. Had to mute my TV as cannot believe he replaced Solomon Wilcots who was a much better announcer. Like Tony Romo in the booth and can someone tell Fox to fix their score box as the graphics are so small and plain and CBS does a much better job producing their broadcasts. Nantz/Romo as the A team is much better than Buck/Aikman. Why Nantz/Romo did not call the Giants game yesterday, to hear Romo comment on his former NFC rival is beyond me, as they were given the weekend off.

hlposter
October 9th

Romo is awful. He's like the annoying guy at the end of the bar who's always trying to predict what play the offense is going to run and is wrong way more often than not.

Why would CBS send their "A" Team to call a game between two 0-4 teams? Nantz/Romo also didn't have the "weekend" off; they called the Thursday night game. New England/Tampa Bay was apparently deemed the "cherry" AFC CBS network matchup this week.

GO JETS!!

Botheredbyuu2 Botheredbyuu2
October 9th

I hate Rodgers.

As for Zeke not getting the first down, the call was "overturned." That means that there was conclusive evidence he made the first down.

https://scontent.fphx1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/22366449_10155725827172770_6783382169813034101_n.jpg?oh=cb8281cc121c073fd1d71ad50874e72d&oe=5A731A28

emaxxman emaxxman
October 9th

As for the "A" team doing a game between 0-4 teams, I think the size of the markets (NY and LA) was a big factor in that one. Welcome back Joe Flacco, that's the first time he looked like his old self all year.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
October 9th

Andy, "The Bird and The Beard" called the Giants/Chargers game; hardly the A-team. The fact that they are the "B-team" shows how thin the CBS lineup actually is.

How can anyone hate Rodgers? SMH He's the smartest QB in the league right now.

I agree with the bad spots in the Cowboys games. Typical though. Was Chris Christie at the game last night? LOL

Romo is horrendous. I'd rather read a StrangerDanger post than listen to him. ;-)

I'm happy for the Jets, but I can't really see them going anywhere. I hope I'm wrong.

Calico696 Calico696
October 9th

I get it ianimal that they called the Thursday Night Games but if Romo does not get the call for his former rival fighting for a win, then it should not have been the God-awful B team of Eagle and Fouts. This game should have been called by the horrendous Catalon and Lofton team then. I just think it would have been hearing Romo call this game as a former Cowboys QB and they usually do the Thursday night and then a Sunday game. I like Romo. Good energy in the booth, like a Collinsworth, Gruden or Charles Davis and he is not Phil Simms. A cadaver over Phil Simms would be an improvement and Jim Nantz seems more energetic without Simms sucking it up each week.

I hope the Jets can at least go 8-8 or 7-9 and if they do Todd Bowles gets more credit than I gave him last season. The team does not have a lot of talent, but McCown is a guy to root for - class act - like Eric Decker (who I wish the Jets kept) was. Hoping they can beat a good team this year as well, especially the fading Patriots.

hlposter
October 9th

You'd hate Rodgers too if he did that to your Eagles team two times in a row. :-)

As a die-hard Romo fan when he was playing, I have to say, it was really tough to listen to him and Jim. I was constantly thinking, "will you please shut up?! It was like trying to watch a movie with someone constantly talking."

But what do I know? I like Aikman and Buck.

emaxxman emaxxman
October 9th

@emaxxman - I like Aikman as a commentator but Joe Buck is awful and seems to, I hate to say, be biased in favor of certain teams, like the Cowboys yesterday. He is only there, as is the horrible Kenny Albert, because of who his Dad was.

I like Romo. He does talk a lot but he knows his stuff and he deserves the A team status with Jim Nantz. Nantz did not seem as interested in the games with Simms, so Romo is doing a good job and most the critics like his work as well. He is a good announcer who you can tell likes his job, unlike some of the other announcers. CBS has other good teams that are solid like Gumbel and Green (who should be the B team) and Harlan and Gannon (who should be the C team). Eagle and Fouts are D team-worthy at best. Horrible announcers who are way over-rated.

hlposter
October 9th

Re: NFL 2017 Season

Some laughs...

hlposter
October 9th

This put a smile on this Eagles fan's face. Awesome!

Calico696 Calico696
October 12th

Love it, Calico! Hoping the Eagles beat Cam Newton tonight, as it should be a good one. Here is another one for you to enjoy as an Eagles fan!

hlposter
October 12th

hiposter - Good one!

Word on the street now is that it's not a blackout tonight. Apparently, the Eagles will be wearing all white. :-(

More good news for Eagles fans! Zeke's suspension will happen. 6 games!

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21003461/court-clears-way-nfl-6-game-suspension-cowboys-ezekiel-elliott

Calico696 Calico696
October 12th

That is great news, Calico about Zeke's suspension. It is about time! Looks like the Eagles win the NFC East and I am happy if my Jets make it to six wins! Still happy they were able to go 3-2 and hopefully make it a close game against the Patriots.

Here is another one for you, Calico.... sneak peek at OBJ's cleats for this Sunday!

hlposter
October 12th

Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Calico696 Calico696
October 13th

Jets would have lost anyway, but boy did they get robbed!!!! Disgraceful call, no TD!!

October 15th

We beat a 0-6 team 26-24 after a week off. Is that a go redskins?

We have the stuff, just can,t out jt together without somebody tripping up. Schedule not in our favor now.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
October 15th

That was the worst video replay decision ever. He had control when he hit the pylon. Like Phil Simms said the rule to overturn a call on the field has to be "Clear and convincing evidence" That was inexplicable! No body tunes in to see refs, and officials decide a game.

Thank you Redskins for keeping me in my survivor pool this week!

Calico696 Calico696
October 15th

Ditto that, Calico. 67 left out of 923 battling for the $21,000 prize. Another tough week coming up, though...

Perhaps one of the top game winning sequences I have every seen. The Raiders pull out a spectacular win last night. That Carr is a gamer.

F you, Chiefs...

Oh no! Are you out now ianimal? If so, are you *&^%$#@ nuts taking a divisional game???

Hell of an ending last night. I had the Raiders in my Pick 'em and my money pool. Woot!

Calico696 Calico696
October 20th

It was a no-brainer, LOL... and it should never have ended the way it did. Oh, well... no biggie.

And don't worry... when you get knocked out, I'll be sure to give you a dozen reasons why your final pick was a dumb one (-;

LOL, never said it was dumb, just divisional (meaning risky). I might go out this week. Who knows.....but it won't be on a divisional game. GO VIKINGS!!!! LMAO

Calico696 Calico696
October 20th

Divisional doesn't necessarily mean risky. Personally, I would never pick any NFC East intra-divisional game, but I have no qualms about picking anyone in the AFC North to beat Cleveland. Or, in past years, for Indy to beat anyone in the AFC South (but not THIS year, obviously). Oakland went 12-4 last year, but lost to KC twice and KC was 7-1 against them over the last 4 seasons. Of course, the one loss was in Oakland on a Thursday night... but that was just a fluke (-;

Minnesota? Ah, yes... the 5-1/2 point home favorite. Good choice. We'll talk Monday (-;

I was torn between KC and Dallas, but I wouldn't touch the Purple Bowl unless there were ZERO other options.

LMAO!

See, and I would never even consider choosing a team that is playing an 0-6 team. Too much of a risk of them getting their first win. After the first win, then pick away! SF has been in some close games too. Scary game for the Cowgirls.

Calico696 Calico696
October 20th

My, my, my Carson Wentz seems to look better and better each week. What a game last night! After starting off with one of the worst opening drives in football history, they made everything work in the end. How the heck do you penalize yourself practically back to the locker room? Yikes!

It was a slow start, but the Eagles proved that they were just too much for Cousins and Co. to handle. Next up San Francisco in Philly.

Calico696 Calico696
3 weeks ago

Peters and Hicks lost for the season. Good but costly win for Philly. Wentz looks like an MVP right now. Good thing they have some wins banked. It will be a tough road without them. I think they lock up a wildcard spot at the very least if not a division win. Injuries and/or Zeke's suspension will decide the division title.

emaxxman emaxxman
3 weeks ago

I'm very sorry to hear that they are gone for the season, however this will be the test of how good this team really is. Having a successful season is having the "next guy" be able to step up. Not many teams make it through a whole season without at least one key injury.

Kendricks and Bradham should be able to step up on defense, however the loss of Peters on the O-line is concerning. Big V just doesn't seem comfortable. Will have to see how it shakes out.

Calico696 Calico696
3 weeks ago

A left tackle is a right-handed QB's best friend... and Peters was one of the best in the league. A huge setback to be sure.

Carson Wentz, the Dutch Destroyer and a dream come true......

Most football fans have seen this already. If you haven't, it's worth the time to watch. Just make sure you have a tissue handy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dxvc4JFQrNA&feature=share

Calico696 Calico696
3 weeks ago

Guys and girls keep tissues handy when watching videos for entirely different reasons. I'm thinking I won't be needing one for this particular video (-;

LOL ianimal. As a dad, you may need them for this one.

Calico696 Calico696
3 weeks ago

Said the Raven, never score. Did y'all stay up long enough to see the cat on the field? It'll probably be big on You Tube ...

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
3 weeks ago

Lets see if Alonso gets suspended, Flacco gave himself up but got a helmet-to-helmet hit on the head and a concussion.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
3 weeks ago

I think he'll get fined, but not suspended. Flacco slid way too late; Alonzo had already committed to the tackle and he can't exactly stop himself in mid-air. But driving his shoulder through Joe's cranium and ripping his helmet off in the process will definitely hit him in the wallet.

And how come the dude that hit Shakiko didn't get a flag?

A cat? Will have to wait for the video.

Calico696 Calico696
3 weeks ago

That cat was Miami's leading rusher ... LOL

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
3 weeks ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21D_XO1VThk

Here, kitty, kitty ...

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
3 weeks ago

Jay Ajayi to the Eagles for a 4th round pick... wow.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21235750/miami-dolphins-trade-rb-jay-ajayi-philadelphia-eagles

WOW! I never saw that coming. What an awesome price tag for a great player!

Fly Eagles Fly!!!!!!!

Calico696 Calico696
2 weeks ago

Next they will reincarnate Steve Van Buren :-D

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
2 weeks ago

The Texan's Watson is out for the season. He tore his ACL in practice.

I was talking with a bunch of people at work today and was saying that you could pretty much cross the Texans off of you list to win the SB now that the Astros won the World Series. I guess it's pretty much cemented now.

Calico696 Calico696
2 weeks ago

Baltimore was "City of Champions" when the Orioles and Colts won three months apart. New York and Pittsburgh have also held the distinction ... why not Houston if they get Kaepernick at QB? (pipe dream, eh)

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
2 weeks ago

Go JETS!

2 weeks ago

Fly Eagles Fly! Wow! Pinch me! 8-1!!!!!

Calico696 Calico696
2 weeks ago

DONE with the Giants - what a pitiful game today!

Me to Luca. I turned off the Tv at the third quarter. I never did that before. All those millions for a defense,and we got one year out of them.

Old Gent Old Gent
2 weeks ago

Wentz is amazing, and so is the defense. Ajayi seems to fit right in, too! They didn't even have Ertz today!

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
2 weeks ago

Things may finally be happening within the Giants...wonder how true this is.

I love how the "journalist" says that "he's waiting for a reliable follow up first" AFTER he posts an unsubstantiated rumor on Twitter, lol

ianimal ianimal
1 week ago

I have to agree... JJ Watt would have been a much more deserving recipient.

ianimal ianimal
5 days ago

Watt created a fundraiser of which other people contributed to. It was a great feat and certainly deserving of praise but there was zero risk to Watt's own well-being.

Kap on the other hand took a moral stance with a great risk to his own well-being (financially as well as death threats made towards him.) In addition to that, he has pledged millions of his money, of which he has already given out portions of it, to charities for the cause.

Let's stop acting like all Kap did was kneel down.

emaxxman emaxxman
5 days ago

The state of the current NFL in a nutshell and the most funny article about the sport I've read in awhile ;

https://deadspin.com/the-nfl-cant-stick-to-sports-and-its-all-the-nfls-fault-1820504568

Fly Eagles Fly!!!!

Wow! What a second half performance by the Eagles last night. No kicker? No problem. Just go for two and have a linebacker kickoff.

Calico696 Calico696
4 hours ago

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics

Leave a Reply

To comment on this topic, fill out the form below. If you would like to comment directly to one person, you may click on the envelope next to the posters name if they provided their email.

Name (Required)
Email (Protected)
Add Photo (Optional)
By pressing Submit Comment, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.