Spas/Nail Salons/Manicures/Pedicures

It was said in the Pro Nails thread that the former Town Nail's is to open as Ruby's Day Spa. Does anyone have any info on when it's opening or info on a website or Facebook page? Googling has gotten me nowhere.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '17

Call and ask! Same number asTown Nails.

hickory dog hickory dog
Sep '17

I will try that again. I tried calling last week and this past Saturday and it just rang and rang.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '17

I tried calling again. Now I get a robotic voicemail with just the phone number stated. Oh well.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '17

I do not think they are open yet. I know they are new people and they are making huge changes and updates.

Carey Carey
Sep '17

When I googled towne nails, said it was opening Sept. 11th.

Vicinity Vicinity
Sep '17

I drove by there this morning and it looks like they may be open!

Mara R Mara R
Sep '17

I finally got someone on the phone at Ruby's. It was a little tough as there was quite a language barrier. However, I am glad to hear they are Asian. The worst pedicures I have had in my life have been done by white women.

Anyway, it will be called Ruby's Day Spa. They will be opening on Friday 9/15. A pedicure will be $25. I tried to find out what kind of pedicure is $25. Meaning what services to you get with that, as some places just clip cuticles, scrub your feet and polish for that price. She didn't understand. So I asked for the price for a spa pedicure and she just said, special opening price $25. She also mentioned that they will be doing waxing and eyelash extensions as well as manicures and pedicures.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '17

Grand opening 9/20!

Mara R Mara R
Sep '17

Thanks for the info. I was due for my pedi this past weekend and tried calling Ruby's and they didn't answer. I tried Nails by Diana in Washington and they were pretty good. Will probably try Ruby's and if it's not better than the one in Washington, I will just continue to go there. It's closer to me anyway and $25 like Town Nails was, but no leg massage or hot stone. :-(

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '17

Calico, I hear what you're saying. I miss the massage and hot stone!!

I went to Studio Nails over by IHOP a couple of weeks ago. I didn't pay but the person who did said it was $25 and included a massage with a hot stone (nothing like at Town but still nice). I thought it was posted as $30 so I'm not sure it was $25 or some mistake was made.

Overall, it was a good experience. I hadn't been to Studio in some time but it was nicer than I remembered.

Aquarius Aquarius
Sep '17

Grand Opening was yesterday 09/20, nothing special. Had a pedicure and manicure nothing great just like Town Nails. No leg massage, hot stones, wax for heals, dried your legs with a paper towel. Think the owner would have been present at the Grand Opening Ruby, she was not. Will stay with Pure Spa.

Kitty Kitty
Sep '17

Kitty - Thanks for the info. I won't bother trying it then.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '17

Hmm...I always got a fairly intense leg massage and hot stones at Town Nails every time I went for the past 5 years. I will try this new place soon.

Sveiks Sveiks
Sep '17

Thank you, Kitty. I won't be trying them either. The place by IHOP is terrible! I go in that place more relaxed then when I leave - they drive me crazy!

GoodLuck
Sep '17

I had gone to Nails By Diana from time she was by the old A&P.. last several times bothered me, she or the husband constantly on their head phones. Then they had their young son starting by removing old polish. If a woman walked in with a expensive hand bag asking for a manicure at once they would drop you in a heartbeat and you would sit with feet in cold water. For the difference of a couple dollars or the same there are many better places.

I tried Ruby's today just for a basic manicure and waxing. No complaints.

The renovation did wonders!

Jo - Neither of the people at Nails by Diana were on head phones or cell phones and there were no children present. The only problem I had was the lack of a leg massage. However, it is close to me and only $25. I don't want to pay $40-$50 for a pedicure since I get them every three weeks all year round and that would cost me an extra $300+ a year with tip. If I was someone who only got them for summer, I wouldn't mind $50.

A friend mentioned a place called Elegant Nails out Rt. 57 in Lopatcong. Apparently, they charge $25. Might try them next. There is a real lack of nail places in my immediate area (believe it or not). So, it's hard to find a place without driving to H'town, Mansfield, Lopat, Clinton or P'burg.

Calico696 Calico696
Sep '17

I tried McKenna's on Main Street in Hackettstown. Nice, cozy, small place. It is run by a mother and daughter. I had a $25 color gel manicure and 2 weeks later a $15 regular manicure ($5 to remove the gel). It was fine. They are also hairdressers.

Sveiks Sveiks
Sep '17

Today I had a manicure and pedicure at the new Ruby Day Spa (previously Town Nails) in Hackettstown for $25. It was fine, the place has been renovated and upgraded and it was all good. I was the only one there this morning (Sunday) but they said they were busy yesterday. I hope they do well!

Sveiks Sveiks
Oct '17

Calico, hmmm, “ The worst pedicures I have had were done by white women” not a very nice comment.

Sag - What was not nice? I was simply explaining why I prefer Asians for pedicures.

Has anyone else tried Ruby's? I'm due for a pedi this weekend and am wondering if I should bother to try it. The place I have been going is fine, but not great.

Sveiks - Did the pedi at Ruby's include massage? I wonder if they added it.

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '17

Does anyone know their hours? Unless I'm missing it, they aren't listed on their website. I tried calling and just got a robotic message.

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '17

Calico, you ever go to Nikki’s Nail Nook in Oxford?

HappyTeacher HappyTeacher
Dec '17

HappyTeacher - No. $38 for an "express" pedicure is ridiculous IMO. Plus they want appointments made two weeks in advance. I prefer a "walk in" place.

Ruby's opens at 10 every day. Which I think is late on a Saturday. The $25 pedicure was fine, but they don't do anything for calluses unless you pay $10 extra. That said, I won't be back. The search continues.

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '17

Don’t most places charge a premium for pedicures with callous remover? Any place I’ve gone to has.

Yes, I get pedicures.

btownguy btownguy
Dec '17

I never paid extra for callus remover- that being said there is a liquid callus remover I found in Harmon I think - left on just 3 minutes - wash/rub off and away go the calluses.............you just have to be careful where you do it because you don't want to walk with it on your feet - our you'll go flying

4catmom 4catmom
Dec '17

btownguy - I like the good, old fashion razor for calluses. It's the only thing that works for me. Unfortunately, there are not a lot of places that still use it. Town Nails did.

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '17

I know his blog is mainly about manicures and pedicures, but has anyone been to Salon DePanache in Newton for any of their services? I would also like to get a facial.

Nature Lover Nature Lover
Feb '18

Nature Lover - I have been there for a facial a few times. They use Aveda product (which are great) & Maria has always done a good job with my facials. I've had 3 facials there. I also got my hair blown out straight once & liked it. Have not tried them for waxing or nail services.

Go on their website - they post specials at times.

Enjoy!

Luca(work) Luca(work)
Feb '18

Check Living Social for a deal at Salon DePanache. I've had massages there that were good.

Tracy Tracy
Feb '18

Just saw a Groupon for Salon diPanache. I've had facials by Maria that were great.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Feb '18

Thank you for the recommendations, I will give them a try.

Nature Lover Nature Lover
Feb '18

I dont know how far you ladies are willing to travel but I have always been a gel manicure kind of girl until my nails kept breaking constantly i was going to coco nails. I recently discovered sns dip powder and it is a savior for my weak nails and lasts for a month!! I found the perfect place in wharton called green oasis its right on main street so clean and such nice girls julie the owner does a great job!! They take there time and dont rush perfect relaxing and give great massages and predicures. Definitely try it out if you can!

Flower7890 Flower7890
Feb '18

Does anyone know when the nail salon by the ShopRite is opening?

rmmjs rmmjs
Feb '18

Thanks Flower7890 - I am trying out Oasis today!

Lucacell Lucacell
Feb '18

What is the new nail salon near Shop Rite going to be called?

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '18

"HeavenLee Nails" I believe.

rmmjs rmmjs
Feb '18

Thank you.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '18

Lucacell- Its me Flower7890 I just made a new account! Did you happen to go to Julie? How did you like it?

Flower908 Flower908
Feb '18

I don’t know who I saw but I got the SNS done on my nails. I liked the place - thank you!!

Lucacell Lucacell
Feb '18

No problem!

Flower908 Flower908
Feb '18

Has anyone tried HeavenLee Nails yet?

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '18

I tried to go to HeavenLee this morning. Pulled up at 9:15 only to find out they don't open until 10:00 and I couldn't afford the 45 minute wait. I think 10:00 is way to late for a Saturday. Anyway, I decided to try Coco. They pedicure was ok, the massage was great. However, for $5 more than I'm used to paying it wasn't worth it. Far from relaxing due to way too many people in there. It was almost like a nail factory. LOL

The search continues.......

Has anyone ever been to At Your Fingertips? It's in the Port Colden Mall on 57.

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '18

Yes, Calico. That’s the only place I’ll go to that isn’t in a hair salon. My hair salon offers pedis but they re more “spa” like. For a spa price.
I really like At Your Fingertips.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Apr '18

I agree calico696, went today first time for a pedicure... first off the guy up front is kinda rude... I should have checked the price first because it definitely wasn’t worth $30. I’ve heard such good things but was very disappointed. It was mostly the girl, she didn’t seem like she cared what she was doing looking around talking to other people , she kept looking at me weird and Walked over and said something to another girl, they both looked at me and laughed ... definitely didn’t feel comfortable or relaxing.. she didn’t do a good job at all... maybe I’ll try t again and get a different girl

Waldo Waldo
Apr '18

This is the one by Starbucks? Because I think the one on Mtn ave by QC is named coco too

Waldo Waldo
Apr '18

3wb - I will try At Your Fingertips next then.

Waldo - Yes, they have two locations, so the one on Mt. Ave. is Coco also.

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '18

Coco near starbucks and the one on mountain ave thats coco 2 are the same owners. The husband runs the one by starbucks and the wife runs the one on mountain ave. Never had any problems with either of them the guy always treats me great but it all depends who you go to for your nails some are better than others

Happy1638 Happy1638
Apr '18

Enjoy, Calico. I believe they’re even open 7 days a week.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Apr '18

Thanks Happy1638... Maybe I’ll try the one on mtn ave or give it another try, can you suggest anyone?

Waldo Waldo
Apr '18

Isabel is amazing at coco 2 on mountain ave. Give her a try and let me know! She takes her time and does a great job. At the original coco near starbucks I really cant recommend anyone that im inlove with for manicures but for pedicures rosava is great but isabel at coco 2 is honestly the best in my opinion!! :)

Happy1638 Happy1638
Apr '18

Thank you! I only get pedicures. I’ll try her

Waldo Waldo
Apr '18

I tried to go to At Your Fingertips yesterday for a pedicure. There was one lady working there and she said she couldn't take a walk-in because they were all booked up. I guess I will have to make an appt. if I want to try it.

Ended up at Hollywood Nails in Washington and it was awful. My toenails look like they were painted by a 3 year old. Sigh.....

Calico696 Calico696
May '18

Same experience at Hollywood. Should have warned you.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
May '18

Yeah, I was there once before over 10 years ago and didn't like it. A friend of mine was saying how much she liked it there, so I decided to give it another try.

Calico696 Calico696
May '18

Is there another new one over by Piggy's? I see a sign. Anyone try it?

Acl76 Acl76
May '18

I did try Heavenlee today. Had a gel manicure and eyebrow wax. Both were good. They did do the SNS dip nails. I was considering doing those, but just stuck with the gel. I’d definitely recommend them!

Rmmjs Rmmjs
May '18

Where is heavenlee at??

Flower653 Flower653
May '18

Flower - The Shop Rite Plaza in Mansfield.

Calico696 Calico696
May '18

I switched from UV gel to powder nails & haven't looked back. Powder nails does not destroy your nails & costs significantly less.

I will have to try heavenlee do they give massages or anything after your manicure like a back massage and has anyone tried their pedicures?

Sunshine619 Sunshine619
May '18

luca, wheredo you get our "powder"nails done - is there another name for this procedure?

ANC or SNS is what it’s called. I have been going to Lighten Up in Budd Lake for it & pay $37. Heard Heaven Lee does it but haven’t found out yet their cost or how well a job they do.

Luca(cell) Luca(cell)
May '18

Another place that also does SNS “dip powder” is green oasis nail and spa in wharton on main street julie is the best there and its 35$ I believe

Sunshine619 Sunshine619
May '18

3wb - So I figure I would try to get in at At Your Fingertips this Friday. Called yesterday to make an appt., since last time they wouldn't take a walk-in. Turns out the only appt. they have available is 3 pm. That's way too late for me. I'm certainly not going to be a slave to having to make a pedicure appt. weeks in advance. Crazy IMO.

Anyway, I read some good reviews about CC Nails in the Stryker's Road Plaza in Lopatcong (not to be confused with Jane Nails in the plaza across the road, which gets bad reviews). So I am going to try that.

I feel like a nomad since Town Nails closed, :'(

Calico696 Calico696
May '18

I went to Coco Nails 2 last week.........with an appointment though at 11am Thursday it wasn't necessary. I was more than pleased. The massage part was excellent, my grungy feet were nice again and the polishing looks fine. It's a very peaceful atmosphere....I would definitely recommend it.

4catmom 4catmom
May '18

I go to pure spa over by Eminem’s it’s behind in the strip mall they do excellent pedicures

Ruby's is EXCELLENT! I'm sitting here now and I can't wait to come back ÷)

Happy guy Happy guy
May '18

Surprised you couldn't get in sooner, Calico, although with the Summer unofficially starting this weekend, I'm sure everyone's trying to get their pedis in for when the flip flops come out. Oh well. Certainly not the end of the world. ;)

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
May '18

Just got a pedicure & callus removal from Coco 2 & was fantastic- yes you need an appt due to this time of the year. Pedicure is $30, with callus removal- $40

Luca(cell) Luca(cell)
May '18

I second Pure Spa, they have a few men working there now and they give a great foot massage. Also been going for massages.... the girl is excellent. $90 for 1 hour for massage.

Happygirl Happygirl
May '18

"I go to pure spa over by Eminem’s"

Hmmm, I didn't know that rappers lived in Independence. ;-)

Calico696 Calico696
May '18

I tried Heavenlee last weekend, as they had later hours on Friday night (for me) and Sunday late afternoon (for my girls).

Plusses: New, clean, friendly service, good smelling scrub/lotion. We also got eyebrows waxed and they did a great job.

Negatives: They did my manicure while I was getting my pedicure done. It wasn't crowded, so I'm not sure why they felt the need to double up. Also I upgraded to a "spa" pedicure but the massage wasn't all that great...too short. Pure Spa is still #1 (IMO) for a great foot massage! When my daughters had their nails done, the fingernail polish wasn't very neatly done...my 15 year old mentioned she had to keep pointing out spots to the girl to clean up.

The negatives seem to outweigh the positives in my description above, but only because I was more descriptive in the negatives, lol. I would go to Heavenlee if I need a quick, no frills mani-pedi.

Jersey Girl Jersey Girl
May '18

Tried CC Nail in Lopatcong this morning. Very similar to Coco Nails. They have a ton of stations and an army of women working. Very clean inside. The pedi itself was fine, but my biggest complaint is it was super fast. I set the massage on the chair for 30 minutes and it hadn't turned off yet when I was led to the drying area. $26 if you pay cash, $28 if you pay with a card.

Calico696 Calico696
May '18

DaVi in Wal-Mart is very good.

Botheredbyuu2 Botheredbyuu2
May '18

I recently had a terrible pedicure at Pure Spa. From start to finish it was bad. They do a great job with waxing but pedicure I will go else where now.

PVgirl PVgirl
Jun '18

Just got the SNS manicure at Heavenlee and it was amazing! A girl at coco 2 destroyed my nails at my last gel manicure, literally took the hard grit file and sanded my nails until they were hot....the SNS made them feel nice again, and the manicurist said it would help them grow! Going for pedicure this weekend. Stay tuned....

Kelleo22 Kelleo22
Jun '18

Kelleo22- do you know the ladys name you went to at heavenlee? How did they shape them and that? Thinking about trying it..

Sunshine614 Sunshine614
Jun '18

Sunshine614 - Powder-dipped manicures is the way to go! No drill is used to take the polish/gel off. Does not damage your nails. Every 3 weeks I have to soak my nails in acetone for 25 minutes & at the same time use a paper towel to rub off the powder. Then when it's applied, they use different bonding agents that are in a nail polish bottle & then they dip your nails several times in the powder. It dries very quickly & you don't need to use a UV lamp.

I haven't tried Heavenlee for this yet as I wanted to hear some reviews first. I have been going to Lighten Up in Budd Lake so far. They use Advanced Nail Concepts (ANC) vs. SNS. I think they are really all the same.

I have been doing the power-dipped nails for a few months ago & so far I love it!

I went to Anthony, my nails were so short the year had no shape, just square and rounded like my fingers. Going for a pedicure today...stay tuned!

Kelleo22 Kelleo22
Jun '18

Kelleo22- would you recommend there manicures? Please keep me posted for your pedicure today!

Sunshine614 Sunshine614
Jun '18

I had another excellent pedicure at Coco 2................

4catmom 4catmom
Jun '18

4catmom.. who do you recommend at coco2?

Sunshine614 Sunshine614
Jun '18

Isabella did mine twice.....very pleased

4catmom 4catmom
Jun '18

How is she for pedicures?

Sunshine614 Sunshine614
Jun '18

That's exactly what she did - excellent pedicures with super relaxing massages.....

4catmom 4catmom
Jun '18

Great! Ill have to try her

Sunshine614 Sunshine614
Jun '18

went to lighten up for my SNS manicure - was not impressed - had me wait almost half an hour - it was like they forgot about me - i had an early appointment - not planning on going back....anyone know any other places that do ANS or SNS in the hackettstown area?

janice janice
Jun '18

A friend went to Town Nails II in the Trade Zone in Mt. Olive a couple weeks ago and said the pedicure was fantastic. I'm going to try to get up there later this week and check it out.

Calico696 Calico696
Jun '18

ok have to tell you all... i went to Heavenlee Nails in Budd Lake today....had the best manicure ever!! I had my second powder ( sns) manicure and WOW what a difference - i will never go any other place! ($40) Nomi (spell??) did my nails - i think she was the owner..

How much is sns at HeavenLee?

htown22 htown22
Jun '18

Jrn- how did they shape your nails and did they take their time? Do they provide back massage after? I need to find a new nail place but seem to not be able to find one

Love613 Love613
Jun '18

she listened to everything i told her and my nails have never looked better - perfect shape. she took her time - i felt very comfortable there. i will def go back! - i did not get a back massage... she spent so much time undoing the mess from my last manicure that my session ran right up to closing time. but the other gals that were there before did get back/neck messages.... i have never been so happy!

janice janice
Jun '18

Janice- what nail salon are you talking about? Hevenly in buddlake in the strip mall by wolfe road?? Who was the girl that did your manicure and you got the SNS dip powder?

Love613 Love613
Jun '18

yes that is the place ...her name is nami.. pretty sure she is the owner...

janice janice
Jun '18

Great thanks so much! Ill have to try them out for a sns mani do they have many color options?? I have such hard trouble finding the best nail plce with someone that im happy with so thanks so much for giving. Your feedback

Love613 Love613
Jun '18

Hairloom in Stanhope does dip nails. You do need to call to make an appt.

HLamusesme HLamusesme
Jun '18

Janice- did you get sns on your natural nails?

Love613 Love613
Jun '18

McKenna's on Main Street does ANC dip nails. I've never had it done, but I'm told it is much better for your nails. I'm still a fan of plain old acrylics.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jun '18

Re: Spas/Nail Salons/Manicures/Pedicures

love613 - yes was done on my natural nails

janice janice
Jun '18

Went to Town Nails II in Mt. Olive today. Pedicure was fine, but definitely not worth driving all the way from Oxford to Mt. Olive. They didn't even scrub the bottoms of my feet very well. Will have to disregard any future suggestions from the friend that raved about it. LOL

Next up, Elegant Nails in P'burg. This is a suggestion from another friend. ;-)

Calico696 Calico696
Jun '18

You are driving so far for a pedicure when there are so many places much closer. Did you try Coco II? They do a good pedicure. What about the new place - Heavenlee? I haven't tried a pedicure yet there but I am due for one this weekend.

Luca(work) Luca(work)
Jun '18

Luca - Heavenlee is on my list. I tried to go there awhile ago, pulled up at 9:15 thinking they opened at 9:30 but they weren't opening until 10. I didn't have the 45 minutes to waste waiting. I've been trying most places that have been suggested to me here and by friends. There is a place in Clinton I have to try yet too.

Calico696 Calico696
Jun '18

I am going to try Heavenlee tomorrow for a pedicure - will report back! Good luck Calico!

Calico, if the place you mentioned is by Clinton Shoprite, or is Hunterdon Hills Nail, don't go!

maja2 maja2
Jun '18

After reading the yelp reviews on Heavenlee, I am not even going to bother. 2 1/2 stars out of 4.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/heavenlee-nail-spa-hackettstown-3

I don't blame you. Those reviews are pretty crappy.

Calico696 Calico696
Jun '18

Has anyone tried sage nails in bud lake on 46 aross from budlake diner? The reviews are good online for pedicures and excellent gel manis

Flower861 Flower861
Jun '18

I've been to Sage a couple of times (none very recently though). The pedicure was good and the people were nice.

Tracy Tracy
Jun '18

Ruby's pedicures are great & long. Not a factory and rushed like at Coco. I get the Green Tea one which includes the callous remover. I think it's $40 or $45.

HLamusesme HLamusesme
Jul '18

Sage is great! I highly recommend!

Ziggy Ziggy
Jul '18

I went to Studio Nails on Mountain Avenue this Sunday for an eyebrow wax, against everyone's recommendations. (I needed it done ASAP and most places were closed on Sunday) Not only are they more expensive than everywhere else in town ($12 to everyone's $10) but they left scars & red marks from the waxing. -1 to Studio Nails! Do not go there.

honestyseasy honestyseasy
Jul '18

honestyseasy,

Why would you go despite poor reviews? Grab a pair of tweezers if you can't wait until another place is open

Lori...Since '73 Lori...Since '73
Jul '18

I had the callous pedicure at Coco II last week and it was fabulous. I love how clean the place is and the replaceable/disposable plastic liners in the tubs is not something I've seen at too many nail salons (but I'm still not all that familiar with the area).

The waxing was very good and there was not a bit of red afterward. This is a big deal because I have sensitive skin.

I did not feel rushed, but the pace is not slow. I was in the pedicure chair for at least 45 minutes based on the timer on the massage chair. That works for me.

SquirrelGirl SquirrelGirl
Jul '18

I like the Coco II pedicures but I don't like the waxing as I have sensitive skin & it did affect me. Perhaps it depends on the type of wax being used - I am not sure!

I light of the recent good reviews of Ruby's, I decided to try them again this morning. Well, it was anything but great and long as HLamusesme stated.

I put my quarter in the meter for one hour's time. When I came out, there was 28 minutes left on it. So 32 minutes total including picking out polish, drying and paying. I was the only person in there too, so it wasn't like people were waiting and they wanted to rush me through.

The pedicure wasn't bad, just unremarkable like the last time. Leg massage was short.

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '18

Coco Nails I love both places

Proud liberal Proud liberal
Jul '18

After getting totally annoyed by my pedi from Ruby's last week, I decided to get another one today.

Ruby's pedi was really shabby after all. Upon closer inspection after my previous post, my cuticles were barely trimmed and painted over.

Anyway, I decided to try Elegant Nails out in P'burg today and it was great!!! The young man that did my pedi did a fantastic job. Meticulous is the best way to describe it. He spent a 1/2 hour cutting and filing my nails and trimming my cuticles. The massage was pretty good as well and the polish job perfect. $28. I've finally found my new place!!

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '18

cough, cough... Lopatcong... cough cough... (-;

ianimal ianimal
Jul '18

Wow! I really thought that was P'burg there. Where is the line on that side of 22?

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '18

It's in the old Hillcrest Mall, right?

ianimal ianimal
Jul '18

Yes, where Nicolosi's is.

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '18

The boundary is real squirrelly in that area. Basically Lopatcong owns all of US-22 and as far south as the Conrail/NS right-of-way east of Roseberry Street. The Hillcrest Mall is in Lopatcong, but the northern property line of that tract is also the municipal boundary. The old Pburg Catholic high school (now Sts Phillp and James School) and the hospital are in P'burg.

ianimal ianimal
Jul '18

Oh for Pete's sake! LMAO

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '18

Must try that one Calico. Not far for me. Thanks for the review.

IChristine IChristine
Jul '18

Calico - Not sure why you've had bad experiences at Ruby's - - - I'm always there at least an hour. I am absolutely TERRIBLE with remembering names but I go to the Spanish lady who works there.

HLamusesme HLamusesme
Jul '18

HLamusesme - I had an older Asian woman.

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '18

I tried Heavenlee by the Mansfield Shop Rite today for a pedicure with callus remover. Kaitlyn did my nails. Great attention to detail. Hardly any massage so if you really like that then speak up when getting the pedicure. Place was clean & they were not busy for a Monday afternoon. I will try them for my powder nails in 3 weeks. I paid $35 for the pedicure wth callus remover - it’s $25 for just a pedicure.

Luca(cell) Luca(cell)
Jul '18

I had my second pedicure today at Elegant Nails. I got a different young Asian man from the first time and he was even more meticulous! I sat down at 10:30 and didn't leave until 12:00. I'm so happy to have found my new place!

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '18

On a whim, I decided to try Tui Na for a back and foot massage. I'm so glad I did. I got a 30 minute back and 30 minute foot massage for $49. Really reasonable prices, nice people and very comfortable and clean. They are located in Flanders, off 206 in the shopping center by Rita's.

http://tuinamassagenj206.com/

Tracy Tracy
Aug '18

Could someone explain to me differences between 3(?) types of fake nail treatment manicures available @salons-- acrylic, gel & SNS (powder dip)??

Promised daughter this type manicure but want 1 w/low maintenance, longer lasting, shorter nails & won't destroy real nails!! I know she'll be hard on them getting process done 1st time. Thanks!!

NotForNuttin' NotForNuttin'
Aug '18

Either gel mani or sns dip powder both on her natural nails. They both dont destroy your nails but they also dont help them either since they have to file your nails for both. They are also both low maintenance just have to get them done once the nail color starts to grow out which takes about 2 weeks. Some people do every 2 weeks some every 3 weeks and some people go once a month depends on the person!

Sunny678 Sunny678
Aug '18

don't you have to soak your gelled nails to remove the stuff - and that is very hard on nails...no?

4catmom 4catmom
Aug '18

Go to Katie at Queen nails by the old a & p on rt 46 Budd Lake. She can explain all the different types. Does a great job and they last about 3 weeks. The price is reasonable as well

Ziggy Ziggy
Aug '18

Thanks so much-- big help!!

Any other comments, advice or referrals welcome!

Aug '18

Every place I have gone to for gel and sns dip on my natural nails soak my nails in acetone then scrape it off then they file your nail so pretty much everything you do is going to thin out your nails.. atleast in my opinion and what i have experienced

Sunny678 Sunny678
Aug '18

For powder dipped nails they should not be scraping anything off. You soak them & they then should file them to smooth them out. Filing is not bad for your nails - it's when they use the drill to scrap things off which is used for the LCN gel nails.

I think the soak off gel mani's are fine as well as powder.

Powder nails allows me to have my real nails not destroyed by acrylic or gel. I have been going to Lighten up for my powder nails but I am going to try Heavenlee tomorrow for powder to see how they do.

Tried Heavenlee today for powder nails. Anthony did them as I was told he is the one there. He did a great job.

Here are my comments about the place: when I came in to soak off the powder from my last manicure, they wanted to use the drill to remove it & I very sternly told them No. I had to to tell them this twice. Also, Heavenlee is more expensive than what I was paying at Lighten Up. I paid $50 today for a french powder. At Lighten Up, I pay $42 for a French.

Wow, lot more expensive! I think well be trying the powder. Might take a look thru Money Mailer & Val Oak Coupon & Groupon Websites/Apps to see if any discounts around @ referred salons.

Aug '18

Took my 3 year old daughter to Pampered Princess in Sparta today and loved it. They were so good with my daughter, the place was beautiful inside and very reasonable cost. $15 each for manicures. Great "mommy and me" salon

Oxford mom Oxford mom
Aug '18

Went to Ruby again last week and got another fabulous LONG pedicure (I always do the Green Tea one). I didn't get my usual person and while I totally enjoyed my pedicure I did not enjoy the heavy upsell of every other service they provided. If I say no thank you the first time stop pushing. That annoys me!

HLamusesme HLamusesme
Aug '18

Yes I hate when they try to push additional services on you! Annoying! Glad you enjoyed the pedicure despite the sales pitch!

Yes, hate the sales pitch as well. I never get a manicure, only pedicures. Most places ask if I want a manicure too when I get there. Then after the pedicure is done, they sometimes ask again. Ugh!

Calico696 Calico696
Aug '18

I think they are a little pricier but I love Nirvana Nails in Budd Lake. Very meticulous and the massage was amazing.

Jazzykatt Jazzykatt
Aug '18

I get my nails done someplace else because I only do powder dip. She even called over the other woman that worked there and was trying to push gels/shellac which I said does not work on my nail type. Try us...try us...we can do better. NO...back down!

HLamusesme HLamusesme
Aug '18

I've never had a sales pitch at Coco Nails - either location -

4catmom 4catmom
Aug '18

I agree with 4catmom - Coco Nails does not ever push additional services.

I went to Heavenlee nails for a pedicure and I am sad to say that it was the absolute WORST pedicure I have ever recieved; I could have done a better job myself. The pros are that the place is very clean, but that is about all I can say... The owner was rude to the girl that was doing my pedicure, almost demeaning. The girl that did my pedicure did not do a good job... barely scrubbed or massaged my feet.. Then when she got up, the owner took it upon herself to paint my toes. This woman put sooo many layers of nail polish on my toes that they still weren't dry after sitting there for almost an hour (concerning considering that she is the owner). So fed up, I asked for my money back and to have the nail polish removed from my toes. Save your money, go to coco nails where you will get a quality pedicure and manicure... they may charge a little bit more, but I have no problem paying if I know that I am going to leave happy.

sleepycat sleepycat
Aug '18

I wish I liked Coco but I don't...everytime I've tried there it seems like a factory line & there is wayyyy to much loud chit chat (from other patrons) for me to relax.

HLamusesme HLamusesme
Aug '18

Is there anyone who goes to sage nails in budd lake and who they recommend for a pedi?

Htowm789 Htowm789
Dec '18

Used a Groupon for a pedi about three months, and they did a sloppy job.

Acl76 Acl76
Dec '18

I went to Sage nails for quite a few years. Was very happy until they got too big and too busy. Then I felt like a number....rushed in and out
I now use queen nail by old A& P. Great pedi ! Have had several different people and all have been great! I suggest making an appt I never feel rushed no matter how busy they are
Good luck!

Ziggy Ziggy
Dec '18

Tried Studio Nails (Mountain Ave, Hackettstown) a few weeks ago for a pedicure as I couldn't get into Coco Nails. I got a basic pedicure & added the callus remover. Total cost was $30 - I pay $40 for the same service at Coco. The girl did a good job but took a very long time - an hour & 15 minutes. The place is not as nice as Coco's nor do I think they use the same kind of quality products.

Loud chitchat? Earbuds.

htownguy htownguy
Jan '19

Try Heavenly Nails in Budd Lake. 46W by Enzo’s and Krauszer’s.

YeahRight YeahRight
Jan '19

Best place to get dip powder done?

Hellob Hellob
Mar '19

Jazzycat, I believe Nirvana nails closed down a month or two ago.

Joni Sattely Joni Sattely
Mar '19

If you mean ANC when you say dip powder I fo to lighten up in Budd lake. Very good. You will have to make an appointment. Very busy.

Hockey mom Hockey mom
Mar '19

What's the going rate for a regular gel manicure? I never get manicures but felt like treating myself since we have a wedding this weekend and it's Mother's Day. I went out at lunch time near my office and I was more than a little surprised by what I was charged. And it wasn't even that good.

Tracy Tracy
May '19

I just got the worst pedicure of my life ar Heavenlee Nails. 10 minutes.

The one near Piggy's was god-awful

HLamusesme HLamusesme
May '19

looking for a new place to get powder dip manicure - was going to heavenly in budd lake but it changed hands. I have gone back twice and they chip in one week - not happy! Any suggestions?

Hey JR - Have you tried Lighten Up in Budd Lake? They do powder dip using ANC powder.

went there once and had a horrible experience..with service and the quality of the manicure - will never go back again but thank you for the suggestion!

OK - got it! I know Coco nails starting doing powder using OPI products but I don't know how well it's done there. I know Heavenly in Hackettstown does it as well. I stopped doing it & went back to UV gel. Good luck!

Lighten up sucks at dip powder try sage nails in Buddlake they do dip powder not sure how they do but its worth a shot.. reviews are good!

Summersunshine Summersunshine
Jul '19

I've been going to Lighten Up for ANC for 3 years now, always incredible service and my nails look beautiful!! Highly recommend them.

Rhonda Rhonda
Jul '19

Rhonda- who do you go to at lighten up? I went there for ANC and looked like a child did my nails

Summersunshine Summersunshine
Jul '19

Stephanie is my nail technician and she's just awesome. Maybe give them another try?

Rhonda Rhonda
Jul '19

Rhonda-How much does that cost and what is the upkeep?

CGHS84 CGHS84
Jul '19

I would absolutely suggest Pro nails next to Piggy’s in Hackettstown/Mansfield. I have been going to Kevin for 15 years for pink and white. Walk ins and new customers are welcome

Diana Diana
Jul '19

Her charge is base $39.00, unless you want something special. It's suggested you go every 3 weeks.

Rhonda Rhonda
Jul '19

Vanessa @ Hairloom in Stanhope/Byram (206) does dip. No walk-ins appt only. Been going to her for about 2 years.

HLamusesme HLamusesme
Aug '19

Has anyone heard of when nails salons will be opening? I'm hearing that they won't be allowed to open on June 22nd when hair salons and barbers will be opening.

Calico696 Calico696
Jun '20

According to NorthJersey.com and NJ.com nail salons are also opening on June 22

Local Gal Local Gal
Jun '20

Calico- call your hairdresser and nail tech asap. They are taking appointments. I have nails and hair back to back June 22. Woo Hoo!!

auntiel auntiel
Jun '20

Great! Thank you.

Calico696 Calico696
Jun '20

I have cut, color, eyebrows, full set acrylics and pedicure all scheduled already. Such a happy girl.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Jun '20

I tried to make an appt. ASAP at my nail salon for a pedicure, but got no answer. :-(

Calico696 Calico696
Jun '20

Calico - same here

Weebiekins Weebiekins
Jun '20

Calico- where do you get a pedicure? Trying to find a good place

Flower201 Flower201
Jun '20

I go to Elegant Nails in Lopatcong. Was finally able to get someone on the phone there and have an appt. next week.

Calico696 Calico696
Jun '20

Calico- How are they for a pedi? I recently moved to belvidere and cant find a place for the life of me so i keep going back to coco

Flower201 Flower201
Jun '20

I think they are pretty good. There are quite few people working there, but the two young guys and the littlest girl are the best. Sorry, don't know their names. I'm not much of a chit chatter when I get a pedi. I just like to read a book and relax. When I called to make an appt. they said that they are only accepting cash for now because of Covid.

Calico696 Calico696
Jun '20

Accepting only cash seems scientifically not true and actually more dangerous than plastic. Safest would be verbal credit card info, perhaps prepayment via the phone. They playing you to avoid cc charges.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Jun '20

I really don't care what their reason is. They have the right to change their policy. I don't have an issue with paying cash.

Calico696 Calico696
Jun '20

I was told cash only too. Can't blame them, they have pretty much lost their shirts during this BS including their nest egg. So if they can avoid cc charges and not filing income I say go for it. We are lucky most haven't folded. I think I'll throw my tech and extra 50 bucks just because she's back. I'm sure she needs it.

auntiel auntiel
Jun '20

if Salons and nail salons are asking for cash I’m ok with that , the service industry has been hit enormously for just about 100 days and still are not open . I anticipate price increase also only because I probably have 3 plus inches of regrowth ( lol ) . I would pay triple to feel ‘NORMAL ‘ again !

Elegant in Lopatcong...any others closer to HT? Used to go to Cocoa in Mansfield. Tks!

Mmadone Mmadone
Jun '20

Has anyone been in touch with Coco 1 or Coco 2? I can tell the call is being forwarded but then I get mailbox is full.

happycamper happycamper
Jun '20

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.