Construction at Centenary Entrance

drove by and saw cones yesterday. heard they were going to be re-doing the entrance to the college which could effect the Tannery Field.

anyone know more?

UserFriendly UserFriendly
Aug '17

DPW was repainting crosswalks and stop lines in that area yesterday, many cones all over

eapos eapos
Aug '17

thanks, wasn't sure about that yesterday.

wasn't there a proposal to change entrance to the college not long ago?

Aug '17

Where are they building that new baseball stadium, with the blue colored artificial turf ?

JBJKSJ JBJKSJ
Aug '17

An awful lot of stakes at that intersection if they are only painting crosswalks..look like they are getting ready to widen it

Bug3
Aug '17

They are redesigning the tannery softball field . The cones had nothing to do with the project. The new baseball field will be built off of Reese avenue.

Michael J Michael J
Aug '17

are there plans online anywhere for the proposed redesign of Tannery Field?

Aug '17

^ no

Jim L. Jim L.
Aug '17

has twp approved?

Aug '17

They will be adding blue turf to a field. Perhaps the contact name in the press release could shed light on the Tannery field. It states call to discuss details.

http://www.centenaryuniversity.edu/news/centenary-university-to-build-the-first-ever-blue-baseball-turf-field-in-honor-of-the-institutions-colors/

The new blue baseball field will be on their campus, across from 5th Avenue. This project does not affect the tannery field, which is owned by the town.

Deviljet
Aug '17

Greg,

Tannery is the softball field. They are getting new lights and slight changes to their dugouts.

A new Baseball field is in the works for the back of the college campus by 5th and Reese. That field is getting blue turf

And yes the town approved the changes to Tannery, as Tannery is a town owned field and not Centenary's. The new baseball field will be on Centenary's property, they will be at the Sept Planning Board meeting with their site plan.

Jim L. Jim L.
Aug '17

Correct Jim. I just thought if someone really wanted to know what was going on with the Tannery perhaps the person in the athletic department navigating Centenary's field improvements may be able to shed some light on the improvements to the Tannery field as well. If he is even aware I suppose.

I'll bet the blue turf will be quite a site to see!

my question was about Tannery Field by the entrance not the blue turf

Aug '17

I understood that UserFriendly. I just thought perhaps the person listed in the press release regarding the Centenary project may also know about the Tannery field as well. I know I would be up to date on what was going on with a field adjoining a facility I was involved with. As it turns out it is not much of a change other than lights and a small improvements to the dugouts.

I thought the lights where replaced just a few years ago at Tannery?

Roywhite Roywhite
Aug '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.