Local taxi for in-town errands?

Any recomendations reliable taxi services just for local errands mostly in town or Mansfield??
I see taxis around town but never seem to be able to jot down info as they drive by.

carols mom
Jul '17

Uber or lyft would probably be cheaper

In order to operate in Hackettstown the Uber would have to be licensed the same as a taxi anyway.

what does uber's license have to do with anything?

Cost wise, do most Uber carry business insurance, go through the inspections, or pay for extra licenses? The cost is likely to be more than regular Uber prices.

Sissys taxi. 908-850-1515

Botheredbyuu2 Botheredbyuu2
Jul '17

Gc
Uber is a car service not a taxi..uber can't hang out at the train station and pick up passengers but you can call them to come pick you up

Bug3
Jul '17

Bug - They're still covered under all of the local township ordinances requiring licenses.

There are many Uber services in Hackettstown. They are not licensed in Hackettstown.

infogirl infogirl
Jul '17

I've been forgotten by a few of these local taxi companies. When I called and asked for a ride, they never showed up or were about 30-45mins late. I was late for a couple doc appointments and I had to wait for the doc to finally see me, the taxi company was gone. Thanks Sissy Taxi.

Elderlylost
Jul '17

Gc

No..you can call any car service you want

Bug3
Jul '17

I never said you can't call who you want, I just said they're covered under the local ordinances if they pick you up here and take you locally. If they're caught unlicensed, they can be fined. The name "Uber" doesn't instantly mean free from license.

Uber is about 5-6 to get from one side of town to the other. 8 to budd lake/Flanders. We use it often.

Njchia Njchia
Jul '17

The fine for operating an unlicensed taxi in Htown is $750 to $1,000. If HPD was smart, instead of setting up speed traps, they'd download the Uber app, lol.

ianimal ianimal
Jul '17

I bet they will now!

infogirl infogirl
Jul '17

Is the taxi ordinance online?

justintime justintime
Jul '17

It's on Hackettstown.net under Town Code...

http://www.hackettstown.net/app/download/6814038/Code+Ordinance.pdf

ianimal ianimal
Jul '17

Gc

A state law allows uber to operate
So much for those local fines

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2017/02/5_things_you_should_know_about_njs_new_uber_and_ly.html

Bug3
Jul '17

Support the longstanding locals....Call Sissy .

Steven Steven
Jul '17

I have used Hackettstown Reliable Taxi several times and they do a great job. I have called an hour in advance sometimes for a pick up and I have also reserved a pick up for a time in the future, both have worked for me.

BrandyB BrandyB
Jul '17

BrandyB do you have a phone number for Hackettstown Reliable Taxi??

carols mom
Jul '17

Yes , phone is (908) 343-1754.

Sorry I was in a rush and forgot to add it to my post.

BrandyB BrandyB
Jul '17

Reliable is the best. They stand behind their name. Extremely nice people too

Petunia Petunia
Jul '17

I witnessed Sissy's taxi run a stop sign by the theatre in Mansfield to beat me to the green light that I had been stopped waiting to go for. Woman driver.

Magpie Magpie
Jul '17

Sissys practically ran my son and I over on 57 a few weeks ago. We were walking way off the shoulder near the fish hatchery when three or four cars stopped to allow a group of geese cross the street. She came tearing out if Lawerence (never stopped at the stop sign), laying on the horn, passing all four cars on the shoulder.

Sissy's taxi should be banded from our town the lady drives like a maniac, almost ran me off the road, my mother used her company once - never again, the driver picked her up in a personal van, it did not have taxi plates, he had a cigarette in his mouth told him not to smoked plz, he yelled told her its not on, so she needs relax she has severe asthma car stunk this is unacceptable, i'm going to report her gypsy cabs...

Cabello Cabello
Nov '17

I will agree that Sissy's Taxi needs to retrain their driver. Last weekend (I believe around noon on Saturday) I was stopped on Washington Street to make a left onto Valentine. As many of you know, sometimes it is difficult to see the coming traffic due to the cars parked on both ends of Valentine. The woman driver of Sissy's sped up behind me, did not brake, went right around me on the right side of my car and just made her right hand turn. No braking let alone a 2 second stop! I thanked God that no one was coming from the left side.

This week at Hatchery Hill, I watched the same Sissy's Van (not sure who the driver was as they were in front of me) make a left out of the driveway with out any stop at the stop sign!

Seenit
Nov '17

It is important to let the police know about this. With a record of complaints perhaps the taxi license issued by the town can be suspended, not renewed and or cancelled. The key is to have reports on record.

I called a taxi service several months ago as I saw a taxi ripping through the Kenwood neighborhood. I actually got the owner on the phone and he pleaded with me not to call and make the complaint. I obliged but kept a keen eye out after that.

FYI , the woman driver for Sissys is the owner, Maryann.(she is Sissy)

Botheredbyuu2 Botheredbyuu2
Nov '17

Let's get her off the street then and report her. Only a matter of time before she kills someone.

Adamsme
Nov '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.