Trouble with hotmail?

I have been unable to access hotmail since last night. Get error message that says "secure connection failed" and Mozilla will not use. Anyone else? Tried both desktop and tablet, through both Google and Yahoo. Any one else? Any ideas?

Dansker Dansker
May '17

My email is working on my phone. I can also access it through Chrome, but I use mail.live.com. (I have MSN which is part of Hotmail).

Hopeful Hopeful
May '17

I see the same thing. Although I've moved to gmail years ago.

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to outlook.live.com. Invalid OCSP signing certificate in OCSP response. Error code: SEC_ERROR_OCSP_INVALID_SIGNING_CERT

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

not sack
May '17

had the same issues and found this on one of the blogs. Did make changes and started working.

Hi !
There seems to be something wrong on some Microsoft servers if you see this SEC_ERROR_OCSP_INVALID_SIGNING_CERT error message. Hopefully they fix this quickly on affected servers.
This looks like a problem with OCSP Stapling on the server because it works when OCSP Stapling is disabled in Firefox.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OCSP_Stapling https://blog.mozilla.org/security/2013/07/29/ocsp-stapling-in-firefox/
You can temporarily disable OCSP Stapling :
Type in the address bar about:config (press Enter) (promise to be careful, if asked) Type and look for the preference : security.ssl.enable_ocsp_stapling and set it's value to false
It is best to reset this pref via the right-click context menu to true once you are done with this website.

I have same problem! I'm using Crome

Busymom Busymom
May '17

The OCSP response validity range is 2017-03-14T21:40:24Z to 2017-05-28T21:40:24Z (expired 5/28/17 at 9:40pm). This is correctly identified by both Firefox and Chrome as an expired certificate. Firefox treats the error as fatal and refuses to load the page, while Chrome still loads the page but does not consider the connection to be secure.

is is true for all sites with an Auzre-issued SSL-cert.
*.visualstudio.com
portal.azure.com
*.sharepoint.com
*.blob.core.windows.net

temporary workaround
about:config
security.ssl.enable_ocsp_stapling
set it to false

skippy skippy
May '17

Isn't trouble and hotmail synonymous?

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
May '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.