Exterminator recommendations please

Black ants in the house, termites in the garage. Anyone have any bad/good experiences with local bug guys? Thanks.

Scottso Scottso
May '17

all season pest control owner name Joel great guy to use. Honest lic. And insured Hackettstown in phone book

Pistolshooter
May '17

Ace Pest Control

Nature Lover Nature Lover
May '17

Ace is fantastic! Not a large operation, but definitely top notch service.

Antimony Antimony
May '17

Delsea pest control, they are great! I think it is $480 for the year and it covers just about everything. Hire them for ants but get mice, it's covered. They will come out and handle bees, etc... at no extra cost. They also send the same person each time so you know who to expect. They also leave a sheet with the chemicals used so if someone has a reaction they know not to use it again. They are really nice!

Jesse134 Jesse134
May '17

+1 on Delsea... fantastic service....

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
May '17

Another vote for All Seasons, although I believe Joel is retired now and it's his son Ryan who runs the business. Have used him more than once and actually am getting ready for him to do yearly prevention. 908-850-8206

For full disclosure - they are actually distant relatives of mine. I believe Ryan is my 6th cousin. But that has nothing to do with my recommendation, his work stands on its own.

++for All Season.

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
May '17

+++for All Season

Nellejoy Nellejoy
May '17

I've used Hennebry for my pest control needs. Had issues with mice, yellowjackets, carpenter bees, and possums. They are responsive and get the job done. Even have yearly contracts where any visit involving destructive insects or small rodents is included. Highly recommend.

Dancicus Fighticus Dancicus Fighticus
May '17

I used hennebry, very nice but it only covered carpenter ants, anything else was extra.

Jesse134 Jesse134
May '17

I think it depends on what you sign up for. They cover mice, carpenter bees, ants, yellowjackets, etc. free of charge as part of my yearly contract. I believe they offer multiple packages.

Dancicus Fighticus Dancicus Fighticus
May '17

I'll also recommend All Seasons. We had a yellow jacket nest under the siding of our house. He came out right away, at the time he said he would, and fixed the problem. He also took the time to explain the process and things we could do to prevent them from coming back. He was a huge help.

Mr. Joe Mr. Joe
Jul '18

This past Friday I woke up at 6 a.m. with yellow jackets breaking through my vaulted picture window. I called All Seasons before 7 a.m. and he responded promptly. He was there is a few short hours and took care of the problem efficiently and affordably. I would highly recommend All Seasons. The last time his son, Ryan, helped out with a problem in 2014. (He was trained well by his father, Joel.) Ryan is no longer with his Dad but has joined his wife in a successful entrepreneurial venture.

Any pest problems, give them a call at 908-850-8206. They are in the Hackettstown area and service Long Valley too.

Any updates on these recommendations ?
We have ants . We have tried just about every over the counter killer with no results.
We also have gone the Borax route and they are still here.

Have you tried seeing where they are coming from outside?

About 10 years ago I had ants in my house. Called a pest guy- and he came over and was walking around the outside of my house while I was expecting him to come inside.

He told me ants travel in defined paths, so follow it for a source. Sure enough there were ants walking back and forth on their own little highway from a tree to my house. He put stuff on the tree and voila. No more ant problem.

Might not work for you- but I hope it helps.

Hennebry Pest
https://www.hennebrypest.com

NJ Pest Control
877 4657378

4catmom 4catmom
Dec '19

+1 Josh. Kill the food, cut the trail, they will stop. Hard to kill all the food, especially with small kids and pets, but.... And then, if you kill the guys making the trail, others don’t follow.

If already inundated, I find using barrier spray outside home can help. RAID makes a battery operated one; no pumping. But it helps if you have a general idea of the trail so you can treat that portion of the barrier heavy.

The thing is to try to reverse the trail they are taking to be able to cut the path.

Worse case, if living in walls, obviously, a barrier outside won’t help. You have to find it and sometimes that’s where the exterminator comes in if you can’t find it or get to it.

The “trail thing” seems to work. Now, as soon as I see the first one, I actively chase them down, put up a barrier outside where I think they are coming in, and have really reduce my issues

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Dec '19

Re: Exterminator recommendations please

I battle big black ants every summer. As soon as the first really hot day happens they show up.

I've been using Raid Max Bug Barrier for four summers now and it works. Spray this around the foundation of the house a couple times a season and they stay outside.

Best thing is the big bottle is probably under $20.

Thank you for all the responses....

Bug barrier....that's the one I use. It seems to really stop them or really slow them down. Often I just target one side of the house where I figure they have to come from. EZ, no mess, a little expensive ----- but no ants --- that's priceless.

HOWEVER, remember the trails, the scouts, the pioneers ------ they are all in the "pipeline," and now hopefully they can't get back. So, you may see them for a bit and you have to get them before they do get out and all is lost...… :>)

FYI - I use $30 Riddex Pulse for mices. It's a plug-in, not ultrasonic, but instead puts a pulse on the power line that seems to work at least 90% of the time or more. It has to be on a circuit the mouses are near. So, sometimes when that 10%-er turns up, I need to move to a plug closer to the offender. Use 2 for the whole house and the only mouskers in the past three years and the ones the KILLER CATS bring in to impress. Wish they would kill them deader first.... :>( FYI -- I just like not using ultrasonic even if they say I can't hear it. The pulses are very safe unless you glue your head to the wall.....

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Jan '20

Hello everyone. I'm looking for current recommendations for a pest control company. I am specifically looking for someone who is experienced in getting (and keeping!) squirrels out of attics. If anyone has an idea of the price that would be helpful to know too. Thanks in advance!

NJ Pest Control 877 465 7378
Great guys - trapped a squirrel that was in my fireplace-- made sure it wasn't a nursing female (it's baby season for squirrels) and then let the happy little guy out where he belonged

4catmom 4catmom
Mar '20

Also same as before - the recommendations are current. Ryan at All Seasons 908-850-8206

https://www.hennebrypest.com

All Seasons

I had a HORRIBLE experience with Hennebry, personally I would NEVER recommend them. I've been using Humphreys 908-647-2200 for the past two years, very happy with their service and prices. Good luck!!

Colmcman
Mar '20

Western Pest Service in Randolph. Very professional.

Rosehip
Mar '20

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.