New York plates

I asked this question a few years ago and no one recalled seeing a lot of NY plates around town only PA plates.. but I'm telling you, I've seen so many NY cars in Htown lately I was just wondering why???

H-town Mama H-town Mama
May '17

Soon the answers will start with drugs from NY, illegal immigrants from NY, or people looking to rob you or break in your house or car. There were a lot over the last month with the college kids graduating and relatives in for that. It also communions happening and relatives in for that. Maybe you saw some of those people seeing our lovely corner of the earth.

I agree with MK

Centenary has not only had Graduation, but also a charity event at the Lackland Center last Thursday night and new student registration and orientation, so I imagine that drew a number of people from various areas of the State of NY. Of course some may have been looking to relocate out this way or out for a drive in the "country" or looking for other events, such as the Bourbon Street Blues Fest.

Phil D. Phil D.
May '17

Maybe just an accident on 80...

Bug3
May '17

"Soon the answers will start with drugs from NY, illegal immigrants from NY, or people looking to rob you or break in your house or car"

MK is on point lol

Majority are rental cars

fire251 fire251
May '17

I'm not talking about just in the last month, im talking about in general
Dropping my daughters off at school at both the middle school and hatchery I see them, on rt 46 in Budd lake, on rt 57 too...

Just wondering why the influx, did a local company hire or relocate New Yorkers??

H-town Mama H-town Mama
May '17

@ H-town Mama, I'd say not from hiring, but yes RELOCATING to NJ, as the firm I am working at is moving to NJ - Reason: Business space rent in the entire NYC area is breaking/cutting deep into the firms bottom line .....FURTHERMORE, what has already started, with the rents and million$$$ houses for a small square box place to live in the entire NYC area, many more residential people (soon all the millennium couples) will influx to NJ.....

....spilling over to East Stroudsburg & DWG within 1/2 a century

I had a rental car with NY plates, for about a month last fall, when my car was in the shop after some jack wagon rear ended me.

Calico696 Calico696
May '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.