Chris Cornell (Vocalist) RIP

Died at 52 yesterday. Highly talented and cool guy. RIP.

I was never into the 90's stuff, but I know he was very talented. I read on one of my music forums that the local news (Detroit) was reporting it as a possible suicide. He had suffered with drug issues from the time he was 13, which usually means depression issues as well. 52 is too young.

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
May '17

One of my all-time favorite vocalists. Saw him in concert a couple of times and he was so talented vocally and musically. Very sad news..way too young. Prayers for his children and family.

Jules Jules
May '17

Another great vocalist gone. Never had a chance to see him live. One of my favorite voices in music:(

Blackcat Blackcat
May '17

Followed him with Soundgarden, Temple of the Dog, Audioslave and solo. Loved all of them and his version of Ave Maria is still one of my favorites. He leaves an incredible body of work behind.

Jules Jules
May '17

I was so sad to hear this today. Very talented guy.

Aquarius Aquarius
May '17

This is so sad. I loved Soundgarden. RIP Chris Cornell.

Jazzykatt Jazzykatt
May '17

Confirmed as a suicide by medical examiner. Depression is a terrible thing.

emaxxman emaxxman
May '17

Too young to check out. He apparently hid the extent of his depression from his bandmates, family, friends?

It happens. People hide it, or those close to them to don't want to see it.

I'll never judge. I've been there. It's a sad, terrible thing to look at death and think it's the best way. I backed out because I got scared. Not out of any strength of character or epiphany about those who cared about me and how wonderful life was - I just got scared about death. And still I struggled for a few years before I decided to get the help I needed.

It's a complicated thing. I feel for those he left behind who have to struggle with the questions. But they could not have helped him, almost certainly.

Aquarius Aquarius
May '17

Big fan of Audioslave as a fan of Tom Morello as well as Cornell. Really hate to hear this.

travelingGC travelingGC
May '17

Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, Scott Weiland and now Chris Cornell. Grunge is dead... all the greats have gone. Sad day, indeed...

ianimal ianimal
May '17

Grunge still has Eddie Vedder

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
May '17

The greats aren't all gone as long as Billy Corgan is still alive...quite possibly the most talented lead too. And before anyone says that SP isn't grunge, I'd suggest why not if Stone Temple Pilots is. Heck, they were on the Singles soundtrack which was all about the Seattle grunge scene.

Definitely sucks to hear about Cornell. Great voice.

eperot eperot
May '17

https://thefirsttenwords.wordpress.com/2017/05/20/its-not-what-you-think/

Good read.

Say hello to heaven - C.C.

JWolfe75 JWolfe75
May '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.