Giant gymnastics

So disappointed. When to observe . They Had high school kids acting as coaches and not spotting accurately. Necessary Corrections we're not being made. Could have been very dangerous on the uneven bars. Would have overlooked the overcrowding if the coaching had been efficient. Also Didn't like the numerous children running back to talk to Poppy. I always try to endorse local businesses but this one needs major improvements.

Lili, your a gymnast?

btownguy btownguy
Apr '17

Why does Lili need to be a gymnast to have an opinion about the safety of participants?

btownguy, YOU'RE a gymnast?

JWolfe75 JWolfe75
Apr '17

My kids went there for a year and a half and were never even taught how to do a cartwheel.

Jesse134 Jesse134
Apr '17

My kids been there for years and can't do anything but they love it and have lots of fun so I let them keep going

Rocket man
Apr '17

After only one week my two year old could do a triple flying half axel with a twisting side mongolian dismount. Blindfolded.

Yankeefan Yankeefan
Apr '17

If Lili is going to make claims about the accuracy of he employees and claim something is done wrong, then Lili clearly must have training.

btownguy btownguy
Apr '17

I don't get the "poppy" reference.

'talk to Poppy' is a euphemism for shooting heroin

Scottso Scottso
Apr '17

Or Poppy is an employee. I would think it would be quite difficult to do gymnastics while high on heroin.

Jesse134 Jesse134
Apr '17

It's true they don't teach much and teenagers do teach classes with no oversight. I'm leaving that place soon and looking for more involved program.

Gymmom Gymmom
Apr '17

Lili Watch out..... they expect the children to move mats, pile mats, etc. Children have been hurt with incorrect spotting and the owners deny medical expenses. Gym in Boonton ( North Stars) is amazing and one of the top gyms in the country. They truly care, teach and spot in the correct manner. They want your children to excel, and their competitive team is extraordinary. They don't become a top gym by doing things half a;-ed... unlike giant.

Chipster Chipster
Apr '17

Have you brought up your concerns to the staff/management?

Personally, if that was me, I would have pulled my child out the day I became concerned for her safety. Did you?

Lifer
Apr '17

Lifer, she said she went to observe. I can't imagine someone would sign their child up for gymnastics class and drop and go for the first class.
Management knows they are cutting corners and they don't care... just like every management that cuts corners.

Jesse134 Jesse134
Apr '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.