HL Political Views Survey

Since there have been such lively debates on politics around here lately, I thought it would be interesting to take a short anonymous survey of the political views and some demographics of this forum so we can better understand where we come from.

It covers some basic demographic, involvement in the political process, Trump, Immigration and healthcare.

No personal information is record.

It should take you about 5-10 minutes.
https://goo.gl/forms/HdIwWRvu1bdFhJBq1

Upon submission you'll be able to see summary charts and responses.

alpha1beta alpha1beta
Feb '17

I don't need a seven page survey to tell you both my political and religious beliefs.
I am Rastafarian

Gunshow loophole? Is this a trick question to prevent bots? Lol

skippy skippy
Feb '17

Results would be interesting, but I don't want to sign into Google just to take a quick survey, which means that yes personal information is recorded. Maybe not by you, but still. I'm a self admitted internet privacy nut job, sorry! :-P

somechik somechik
Feb '17

CBGB: I avoided religion in this, but it's not to tell me that info, but to gauge the feelings of HL'ers overall.

Skippy, that answer is straight from ISideWith

Somechik, I don't record anything, even your email. It is solely to prevent someone from submitting multiple times. But, I respect that. I too value my privacy - in the sense I want to have control over how my information is used and what information is given out.

You can see the charted results here without a login (Tested in incognito mode just for you) https://docs.google.com/forms/d/19CcKtye8_vN7BCaKnKR7AHFFKsshtIlSTBVXtICaX6Y/viewanalytics

alpha1beta alpha1beta
Feb '17

"Should there be more restrictions on purchasing firearms?"

You forgot to preface that by asking "Are you familiar with the restrictions that are already in place to purchase a firearm."

I predict 87.7% say no. (The remaining 12.3% being the actual gun owners in NJ.)

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Feb '17

Just teasing you - but it's still not a thing

skippy skippy
Feb '17

CBGB

Rastafarian or "Pastafarian"? The colander headgear isn't as cool-looking as dreads though. (Oh, by the way, I think current vernacular is "locs" rather than dreads, at least to some).

Sorry, but I'm not biting. Google Analytics knows enough about me as it is and my views go from very conservative to very liberal and some libertarian. I'mm all over the map.

Phil D. Phil D.
Feb '17

Re: HL Political Views Survey

IDK Phil D.
sounds a bit strange to me

Its seems 41.9% of respondents are registered "republications" LOL

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Feb '17

Interesting....

"Do you support Donald Trump overall?"

38.7% YES
58.1% NO

but...

"Do you feel Donald Trump and his policies are a personal threat to you in your life, liberty of pursuit of happiness?"

38.7 YES
51.5 NO

...not sure how to reconcile that...

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Feb '17

CBGB

Not "calender", but "colander" as in for draining pasta. "Pastafarians", as in these guys:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

See the "official" headgear about halfway down the page. I think you may find the whole phenomena interesting.

Phil D. Phil D.
Feb '17

Re: HL Political Views Survey

Pastafarians are some odd people for sure.
but here are some people who could use some love too
Brastafarians

JR: republications = typo. I put they survey up asking for feedback in the other thread and folks filled it out, so changing things became difficult without impacting the results.

alpha1beta alpha1beta
Feb '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.