Bar or restaurant with live 80s-90s music

Hello everyone! Looking to go out with husband for a break after work week on a Friday/Saturday night. A bar or a restaurant that plays music of the 80's and 90's. Those kind of music by Kenny Rogers, Barry M, America, James Taylor, ect. Hoping to hear from you guys. Thank you in advance.

may_raf may_raf
Dec '16

There are plenty of bars around that have live music, but I have never heard Kenny Rodgers or Barry Manilow played at any of them. Most likely not so great for business. No offense meant, but I can't see people jamming to "You Picked a Fine Time to Leave Me Lucille" or "Can't Smile Without You". I have heard a James Taylor song or two here and there when there is a one man band set-up, but not even that very often.

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '16

I wouldn't consider any of those to be "music of the '80s and '90s" anyway, more like the '70s...

ianimal ianimal
Dec '16

http://maxfieldsonmain.com/live/

Maxfields On Main in Boonton has a classic rock band Friday night.
And some quality beers on tap.

Yes, probably the 70's music to 90's. It just that the new generations mysic especially rock music is not my thing. Maybe I would say band that plays classic songs, love songs or anything not loud and not rock music. I will keep looking and thank you for your inputs. More suggestions are highly appreciated.

may_raf may_raf
Dec '16

Thank you CBGB, i will look into it.

may_raf may_raf
Dec '16

I suggest you go to the Log Cabin on Rt.46 in Knowlton, pop $5 in the juke box, and pick out the music you want to hear.

Your sure to get a few comments and laughs when you play some of those artists- but it will be a change of pace!

The Rhyme Animal The Rhyme Animal
Dec '16

PaVinci's in Hopatcong (or Lake Hopatcong) plays oldies music.

Hacklifer Hacklifer
Dec '16

Oh my God I can NOT get the song out of my head since reading this thread three hours ago. Anyone care to share in my misery and sing along lol? (Sorry.)

You picked a fine time to leave me, Lucille...

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '16

"I suggest you go to the Log Cabin on Rt.46 in Knowlton, pop $5 in the juke box, and pick out the music you want to hear."

The bikers will really love that. LMAO

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '16

Oh my God I can NOT get the song out of my head since reading this thread three hours ago. Anyone care to share in my misery and sing along lol? (Sorry.)

You picked a fine time to leave me, Lucille...

When I was a kid I thought he sang "400 children and a crop in the field."
Never understood the problem, seemed like he had enough help to me

JWolfe75 JWolfe75
Dec '16

80's and 90's music is "oldies" now? Good grief.

Tracy Tracy
Dec '16

"80's and 90's music is "oldies" now? Good grief"

Technically yes. I know it's hard to swallow. I graduated HS in 1986 and songs from my my school days are being played on the "oldies" station. Sigh......

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '16

Call Panther pub to see who they have on a Friday night. Kennedys Saturday? I'd say it's rarely "current" music.

maja2 maja2
Dec '16

JWOLFE----I thought the same thing!!!!

and I am not lying when I say this...I am at work and the Garth Brooks station is on..and this song came on just now!!! true story

htownlifer htownlifer
Dec '16

Now good luck getting it out of your head! :P

Rebecka Rebecka
Dec '16

I feel your pain as well Calico Lol.

It would be funny to see bikers singing along to Barry Manilow's At The Copa!! Lol

As an aside, check out the app Gigbeat. It lets you know live music anywhere. Choose venues, bands etc. It's great.

Re: Bar or restaurant with live 80s-90s music

Who says bikers can't like Barry Manilow?

ianimal ianimal
Dec '16

Great band called Sick Star Nation is playing at Bea McNally's on Saturday night. They play a wide variety of music from yesterday and today.

Music Junkie Music Junkie
Dec '16

Shameless plug: My husbands band Aisle 5, http://www.aislefiveband.com, plays 80s thru today with a touch of 70s.
They perform regularly at Patrick's Pub in Hopatcong, Black River Barn in Randolph and Draught House in Washington, to name a few.

Pavincis in Hopatcong has a band that plays there maybe twice a month. They are called Lost in Place. I think you will like the music. 70 to 90's and they are really good. We go just to listen to the band.

Christine Christine
Dec '16

iRun, I'll remember that! Cool!

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Dec '16

Not a bar or restaurant, but BOC will be in the real New Brunswick to tomorrow night (had to bring this up due to ianimal's comment on the Trump thread). You just might see the mighty iJay there, if you are lucky...

https://www.statetheatrenj.org/event/blue_oyster_cult_jefferson_starship

BOC is playing my daughter's birthday party in a couple weeks. $20 each and they get to stay until the keg is kicked (-;

ianimal ianimal
Dec '16

None of these bands play Barry Manilow....just saying. ;-)

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '16

Come on ianimal, you were a fan back in the day, raise that compensation to $200 a head and they just might show :)

A friend of my husband has a band "High in the Mid Eighties" that is playing at Pavinci's on 12/10.

Blackcat Blackcat
Dec '16

https://www.mamascafebaci.com/entertainment
Mamma's Cafe Baci has live music

Ronnie Ronnie
Dec '16

The song is by Kenny Rogers, "You picked a fine time to leave me, Lucille.."

I know my country music!

Hacklifer Hacklifer
Dec '16

Music Junkie, I love Sick Star Nation and they do play a wide range of music but after this person said they don't like rock, I'm sure they would be running for the door if they heard the music they play. I have seen this awesome band multiple times and never once heard Kenny Rogers or Barry Manilow. They play more along the lines of Rock and even sing some of today's more mainstream music but with a little edge to it.

Sick Star Song List (this is what I can remember hearing form them)

Green Day
Blink 182
Motley Crue
Sponge
Gin Blossoms
Seether
Train
Lady Gaga
Bon Jovi
Stone Temple Pilots
Creed
Guns N Roses
Metalica
Radiohead
Some country and 70s Funk

Jazzykatt Jazzykatt
Dec '16

Actually the song title is simply "Lucille"

NJKID1010 NJKID1010
Dec '16

The Log Cabin frequently has bands on the weekends (they are only open on Friday - Sunday) that play 80's and 90's music. Your best bet is to call on a weekend your thinking of going and finding out who is playing. They also have amazing pizza (which you can get for $1) between 2-5. I am a fan :)

red76nj red76nj
Dec '16

"When I was a kid I thought he sang "400 children and a crop in the field.""

Everyone did. We still sing it that way when one of the old timers plays it on the jukebox at our social club.

"Actually the song title is simply "Lucille""

There you go getting all technical on us. ;-)

Calico696 Calico696
Dec '16

I thought the song was called Loose Wheel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJIn6gMlo6A

Joe M Joe M
Dec '16

Hello everyone! As I was reading the comments, I cannot help but to wear a smile and more than a smile. Lmao! Thank you all for the suggestions and inputs.

may_raf may_raf
Dec '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.