WNTI.org changed format again?

Been popping on and off the WNTI.org link over the past couple of weeks. Seems they have a new 'streaming service' that may have replaced all of the on-air talent. Anyone know anything? The WNTI website lists the streaming service, but all of the other information remains, e.g. program schedule, etc.

b1rd1e b1rd1e
Nov '16

I still miss wnti at 91.9 :(

Hickory Dog Hickory Dog
Nov '16

All the talented people have left. It is a student run station. The college clearly did not appreciate, nor respect the dedication and hard work of so many amazing folks.

Take a look at what's happening at the Newton Theater. Soon there will be a WNWT.org. You will find the wonderful people and music you're looking for!

Peace

What's happening at the Newton Theatre?

kb2755 kb2755
Nov '16

b1rd1e

The "streaming service" is only the "carrier" or app that is used so you can play the wnti.org's online station's music on your computer or device. It looks as though they are just using a more secure method of moving the music to your computer (or device) and receiving feedback, etc. back from you. That doesn't mean the format itself is changing again, though of course since students are running more of the shows than the last version of the station, some of the names and shows may periodically change.

I too miss the over the air wnti. There's still too much "Philly" for me, whereas this area's "NYC", so to speak. Even though I used to live just North of Philly I'm not THAT interested in all things Philly, but AM interested in all things local to here, the Poconos/Allentown area and of course NYC!

Phil D. Phil D.
Dec '16

Mel Thiel is there! "The Newt" is going to have a new space on Spring Street, and there are plans for FM broadcasting in the near future. Check out facebook.

There's also going to be a new station out of Sussex County Community College that I think will be modeled as an oldies station.

Sycamore
Dec '16

Go to The Newt Radio on Facebook

WNTI as we know it is over. Most of the jox are gone. It's a student run station now. There are a few of the old staff still there but most of them have gone to The Newt, which is the radio voice of the Newton Theatre. It is beginning as an internet station but the owner is seriously working on get an FM license. Some of the jox that have gone to the Newt include Mike Watterston, Trevor B. Power, Katie O, Gary Alt, Al B., to name a few also, Mel Thiel is the station manager. The station is hoping to be up and running before the end of the year. For anymore info or any updates as they come in You can follow them of they're Facebook page NEWT Radio... ROCK WILL LIVE AGAIN !

23marengo 23marengo
Dec '16

That is awesome!

Yah! Thanks for the update.

Hickory Dog Hickory Dog
Dec '16

I know a lot of people here had personal connections to the former staff and miss the old WNTI. But what is wrong with a college-owned radio station being run by college students? Isn't that what it is for - to teach the Communications students how to operate a station?I have to agree that their decision on this one.

music gal music gal
Dec '16

I think the sentiment about the 'over the air WNTI' is valid, but life has moved on. I'm just disappointed that the communication of the changes has not been very good. I will start locking into the happenings with the Newton Theatre - I need a good, solid over-the-air radio fix without the commercial interruptions ever 5 minutes.

b1rd1e b1rd1e
Dec '16

Hi music gal! WNTI was a student run station. Twenty plus years ago, they hired people, and asked them to try and turn it into an "A" listing radio station. Well it was that and more. WNTI had a huge following, and in addition to the talented DJs, they had live musicians, events, NPR, etc.

The college needed money. Enrollment is down, so they sold the FM licensing. I understand your point, and the financial issues, but if students really want to learn about radio broadcasting, what better place than in a thriving station? Now it's just kids playing their favorites.

There is also (in my opinion) no excuse for the cowardly and totally irreverent way the board of trustees handled the sale. Emails and locked doors are beyond insulting.

NEWT RADIO will be awesome !! The on air staff is made up of a bunch of former WNTI DJ's. It will be part of the Newton Theatre (physically down the street) and it will become a very hip scene going on over there. Bands that play the theatre will stop by and play live, it's a storefront so you can walk by on Spring St and look in and actually see whats happening live. The station will become a music alternative to whats out there now... like getting NTI back,...only better ! They should start broadcasting soon. VERY soon...

23marengo 23marengo
Dec '16

NEWT Radio will feature former WNTI DJ's

http://www.njarts.net/radio/new-online-station-newt-radio-will-feature-former-wnti-djs/

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.