Hometown Fried Chicken - Washington

Has anyone been to this new place? Got a coupon in the Money Mailer yesterday. From what I understand, it's located where the Subway used to be next to the jewelry store.

I LOVE FRIED CHICKEN and I know there was someone posting recently about looking for somewhere to get some. I'm hoping to try it this weekend.

http://htfriedchicken.com

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '16

I hope it's good, I love fried chicken too.

positive positive
Oct '16

I absolutely love good fried chicken. I absolutely despise bad fried chicken.

No thespian
Oct '16

I tried going there yesterday and it was not open yet. I got the same flyer. If they are not open yet, they should not advertise that they are. Sorry Calico.

Mansfield mama Mansfield mama
Oct '16

What are your feelings on Great fried chicken? Terrible fried chicken? Decent fried chicken?

I feel that I hate terrible fried chicken :(

maja2 maja2
Oct '16

I'm somewhat indifferent to mediocre chicken. Kinda, anyway.

ianimal ianimal
Oct '16

MM - That stinks! The flyer does say "Now Open" and the website says "Grand Opening". Oh well, I guess we will just have to wait patiently.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '16

Yes Calico. I was hoping to eat there. Went to Lost Ladies Cafe instead and had a good meal there.

Oct '16

FYI - The H'town American Legion Friday dinner is fried chicken this week.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '16

Is it Celestine's fried chicken .. She is in Washington and has great chicken.

Nature Lover Nature Lover
Oct '16

Is Celestine the lady who had the food truck in the parking lot near (but on the other side of the street from) Gibson's Gym? If so, I'll definitely make a point of going out there for some!

Phil D. Phil D.
Oct '16

Nature Lover - I don't think so, there is nothing on their FB page about it. Love her fried chicken!

Phil - Yes, the red truck. They also park at the Warren County Liquor store on Rt. 57.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '16

Wednesday Nov 2

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
Oct '16

Thanks Clyde!

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '16

Glad to know.Thanks Clyde.

Oct '16

Hello everyone this is the owner of hometown fried chicken we will open on nov.2 hope to see everyone Thier

Qusai muheisen Qusai muheisen
Oct '16

The owners are part of the Muheisen's Bagels family. Can't wait to try the chicken and I wish them much success!

Jules Jules
Oct '16

Hope the chicken is better then the stale Danish I got last week.

Ladyjane2 Ladyjane2
Oct '16

Yay!! Halal chicken?!!

Htown mama Htown mama
Oct '16

Qusai - So nice to see you post here. Glad to hear this is a local owner of two business already in town. Love your bagels, your deli sandwiches and your bakery items. I hope you make fried chicken just as good! Looking forward to trying it. Best of luck to you.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '16

http://www.moneymailer.com/coupons/online/washington/nj/dining/1973625

Mr Coupon
Oct '16

Thanks Mr Coupon. I had no idea that Money Mailer was online.

Calico696 Calico696
Oct '16

Love their bakery! I have a Danish every morning always fresh...must have been an off day for you :( @ladyjane2

Jess T.
Oct '16

Can't wait to try this place, any business from the Muheisens has to be worthwhile.

Lucky7
Oct '16

Supposed to open tomorrow. Please post reviews.

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '16

A co worker brought some in today. No complaints from anyone. The batter quite yummy, large pieces, not greasy, juicy and cooked all the way thru. Opening day they did not have their sh!t together, that's ok. I will give them a couple more weeks to iron out their flaws, get with the program and definitely go back. Ahhh... Fried Chicken, food of the Gods.

yelocanary yelocanary
Nov '16

I can't wait to try this place. Maybe tomorrow for dinner.

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '16

Did you go?

BrownEyesGuy BrownEyesGuy
Nov '16

We need pictures or your visits did not actually happen.

emaxxman emaxxman
Nov '16

Tried this place out for the first time tonight, gotta give these guys props for successfully opening a wonderful establishment in Washington. Chicken is the tastiest I've had in a while and sides were pretty good too (try the red beans and rice, so delicious!). Will definitely be a regular customer.

_Sherman_
Nov '16

Went last night. Chicken is delicious! Moist and the breading is fantastic. Highly recommend!

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '16

Thanks Calico for your report.

Nov '16

ok I need to stop by.... I heard it was expensive...

Nov '16

gotta try this place out, found their online website & pricing doesn't sound bad at all for fried chicken

http://htfriedchicken.com/menu.html

italianstallion
Nov '16

Re: Hometown Fried Chicken - Washington

I was able to try some today. Luckily (? ) my cable box stopped working, needed to be replaced, which brought me to the area. ;)

I ordered 2 thighs and a biscuit. I was told the biscuits weren't ready so I got the potato wedges. The wedges definitely needed some sort of seasoning on them, (even if it was just salt) but they were big and cooked well.

The first piece of chicken was a good size with a light, crispy coating and juicy. Very delicious!! The second piece was noticeably smaller with darker coating. When I bit into it, it had a bit of a spicy kick to it. When I looked at it, there was orange IN the chicken! (See picture) Seemed strange to me since the only spicy pieces I see available on the menu are wings, not thighs. And again, this was IN the chicken, not an outside coating.

It was still very good and I ate it anyway. Hopefully nothing to worry about?

I would definitely go back (pending me feeling fine the rest of the day lol).

As for prices, my total came to $6.13 which is less than lots of subs, paninis, or crappy fast food burger combos. Not bad for lunch. The family meals seem a little pricey. If cost is an issue I would just order the chicken and make my own sides. Cause it's all about that chicken! Yes, it's that good! :)

How does an orange get INTO a chicken?

SuperDuper SuperDuper
Nov '16

It wasn't AN orange. Does it look like fruit in the picture??

Oh no, there's no Pecan Pie or Cheesecake on the dessert menu. Maybe sometime later, lol. Looks good and I LOVE fried chicken, though it would have to be cornmeal coating for the gluten issue not to act up:-(

Phil D. Phil D.
Nov '16

Maybe the orange was from a marinade? I would have still eaten it too Sue R. We'll have to try this place soon.

hktownie hktownie
Nov '16

Their prices aren't that much more than KFC..about $5 more and it sounds like their chicken is better. I have to try it myself.

Calico did you try any sides? Curious about their mashed potatoes, biscuits, coleslaw and mac-n-cheese.

positive positive
Nov '16

What type of seating? Can a small group eat in for lunch?

maja2 maja2
Nov '16

Maja, I only noticed a few small tables which I'm sure can be pushed together.

Thanks SueR!

maja2 maja2
Nov '16

The food was good!! My co-worker and I went on the day the restaurant opened and I guess they had a delay bc the chicken was not ready yet. We couldn't wait that long, so we left....unbeknownst to us later on the owner delivered 2 buckets of chicken, biscuits, and side orders to our office! The food was good! Most of all the owners were great! I recommend!!

Hackettstown Hackettstown
Nov '16

positve - Our order got screwed up because the place was mobbed and it was only their 4th day open. We were supposed to get 4 pieces of chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, mac and cheese, two biscuits and two drinks. We got 4 pieces of chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn, two drinks and no biscuits. We realized that we got corn instead of mac and cheese, but didn't want to make a big deal out of it. We didn't realize until after we left that we never got biscuits. LOL The potatoes and gravy were good, but could have been a little hotter.

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '16

The fried chicken is really good! they gave us a small pie & extra potatoes. Very pleased with this place.

Susan Stone Susan Stone
Nov '16

I was told the mashed potatoes were fresh cooked potatoes, there not and the chicken didn't have much flavor. I was disappointed

Linda kelson
Nov '16

I had some yesterday....I also didn't get the biscuits.
Chicken- it seemed that it was in the fryer for 30 seconds too long, the batter was just at the point to start burning.. It was OK. It has flavor just not my preference. It was crispy and juicy. Once of my kid loved it. I will give it another try, it has potential. Mine also had the orange marks inside...

Corn- it was good.
Potato Wedges- most of mine were also a bit burn/dry. I like wedges, these ones were ok.
Mac and Cheese was good, nothing spectacular. Doesn't have breadcrumbs just mac and cheese.
Steamed vegetables- just like any steam vegetables.

Nov '16

A co-worker went. Maybe Monday is a bad day. Biscuit was hard. Went in the garbage. Mac n cheese was disgusting. Went in the garbage. Cole slaw wasn't bad, but cabbage was turning a bit. Chicken tasted ok. The Orange color flavoring was aesthetically not enticing.

maja2 maja2
Dec '16

Any more reviews, anybody else visit?

Roywhite Roywhite
Feb '17

Nothing to write home about.

Old Gent Old Gent
Feb '17

Not a fan!

infogirl
Feb '17

Any new reviews!!??

Not a fan!

Christine Christine
Dec '17

I noticed just yesterday this place is closed already. Wow, that was fast. I never even got a chance to try it.

I had no idea it had closed. We only ever ate there the one time, so I guess we won't miss it. It wasn't all that good. Hopefully, something better will open there.

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '18

If it closed recently then it only lasted a little over a year. That's too bad. The first year in business is tough for sure.

It was nothing to write home about.

Old Gent Old Gent
Feb '18

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.