Lego Dimensions

Is anyone familiar with this? Trying to get a jump on Christmas shopping and am so confused. Do you buy one starter pack? Are all the different packs of characters compatible to the main starter pack ,Batman, Harry Potter, Ninjago? Excuse me if my question doesn't make sense, I'm completely lost, LOL.

Bessie Bessie
Oct '16

I looked it up... and now I'm even more confused than you are, lol. Seems like it's a video game but there are actual Legos involved and things called toy tags and toy pads. Maybe this will help you... at least it tells you what's IN the starter pack.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/dimensions/support#/E979BC49-C2F2-48AD-BC7B-9D94BD26C1F5

ianimal ianimal
Oct '16

It would help to know what ages you are looking to get them for. In my opinion any Lego will do for the age that it is recommended for. I have 3 grown sons of which one is very disappointed if he doesn't get any for Christmas.

They make them from birth to about age 14-16, depending on the sets.

Magpie Magpie
Oct '16

Magpie, these aren't regular Lego's. It's played with a video game but you have to make the characters first with regular lego's.

Bessie Bessie
Oct '16

The starter set includes the portal, a couple characters and the video game. That is the most expensive piece but it's enough to get them started playing. The add on's add different worlds for the player to explore and different characters for them to use in the game.

Njchia Njchia
Oct '16

And yes they are all compatible. If you want to give some add ons just choose whatever characters you think they'd enjoy.

Njchia Njchia
Oct '16

Thanks! Well then, Harry Potter it is!

Bessie Bessie
Oct '16

I had no idea that they came out with this. Thanks.

Magpie Magpie
Oct '16

Big sale a best buy on this stuff.

See here https://slickdeals.net/f/9253683-gcu-members-lego-dimensions-starter-pack-ps4-xbox-one-or-wii-u-35-99-fun-packs-4-99-team-packs-9-99-level-packs-11-99-more-free-shipping?v=1

not sack
Nov '16

Not sack, downloaded the app only to find out you have to be a member of the Big Gamers club. No idea about that.

Bessie Bessie
Nov '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.