Kudos to WRNJ For 40 Years!

I heard this morning that today is RNJ's 40th anniversary of being on air. I would just like to say thank you to the crew over there for being such a wonderful hometown radio station. They were there for us through Hurricane Sandy, at mostly every community event, and are a staple to this community. Thank you Norm, Mike, Joyce, Russ, and the rest of the gang. Here's to another 40!

Dorothy Says Dorothy Says
Aug '16

Happy Birthday WRNJ

So glad you are here in our great neighborhood!!!!

Bernie Bernie
Aug '16

It's a great pleasure to be part if this community. Thanks to all who have made our first 40 years a labor of love. To be continued.

Norman Worth, WRNJ Norman Worth, WRNJ
Aug '16

Happy 40th RNJ!!!! Been listening to you since the beginning!
During Super Storm Sandy you were a lifeline for us! On the 3rd day my Generator crapped out and you saved the day with the announcement that Tractor Supply had generators. That saved my food and my sanity!
Here's to Another 40!!!!!!

4paws 4paws
Aug '16

Congrats on the big milestone gang.

Patrick O.
Aug '16

Thank you RNJ; we are fortunate to have You!!

MrsPipes MrsPipes
Aug '16

First thing every morning in our home WRNJ is on for our listening pleasure and information and has stayed on all day for the last 40 years as well.... They have been a mainstay in our community and homes and wish them many more years providing us the best in radio enjoyment. Happy 40th Birthday to WRNJ!!!

Joyful Joyful
Aug '16

Congratulations to WRNJ for 40 years of keeping the area informed and entertained!

You are also to be commended for always being receptive to spreading the word, for community events, losses and concerns. You have outstanding integrity, and manage to inform without bias ~ not an easy task!

Thank you also for growing and expanding your style and music variety to accommodate an ever changing listening audience.

WRNJ was a lifesaver during Sandy. I truly will never forget what they did during those two weeks following the storm when most of us didn't have power. Thank you and congrats on 40 years!

1988LJ 1988LJ
Aug '16

I've listened to RNJ for almost 30 years now. Still do, a few times a week, even though I now live just over the river in PA.

I also check their website from time to time.

Quite happy to have found this:

https://wrnjradio.bandcamp.com/album/wrnj-40th-anniversary

Lots of great stuff, including some great 70's songs, Russ Long (who needs no introduction), Wayne Cabot (a classmate of my ex-wife's - great guy), Norman Wirth (a classmate of my ex-girlfriend's sister, who now lives in NH, works works with Ken Burns and remembered Norman instantly when I mentioned WRNJ a few years back ) and some local history, vintage ads and personalities we haven't heard in a while.

Synchronicity is a strange thing.

Anyway, it is a pleasant listen and I'm glad I found it. It's probably around 2.5 hours max, but will make your commute just a little more tolerable if Hackettstown gives you the warm fuzzies.

jjmonth4 jjmonth4
May '18

I turned off that station when 9/11 happened, and they all went home.

Older Mom Older Mom
May '18

Congratulations! I like the news and announcements, but the music leaves something to be desired. It would be nice if it was 50's, 60's and 70's!

Sport
May '18

On behalf of Stone Soup Symphony, thank you for all that you do And all you have done for us. We couldn’t bring our music to the public without your help!

StoneSoupSymphony StoneSoupSymphony
May '18

This broadcast is from August 2016.

Their current musical playlist leave much to be desired. Definitely went down hill and pretty much matches other mass market stations, now.

At least they maintain some semblance of local flavor outside of their less-than-listenable playlist.

I still listen, just less.

Bet I'd listen more if they played some of the stuff they did during that broadcast....

jjmonth4 jjmonth4
May '18

They went for the "youth market" ... they do golden oldies for a few hours on Sundays and once in a while they slip in a 70s tune ... except for Hackettstown football, area high school teams get practically no coverage at all. Big wins for area winter and spring teams have not even received a mention ... many times!

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
May '18

Thats the youth market?

Roywhite Roywhite
May '18

Here's the funny thing: My teen and many of his friends and my friends' kids LOVE oldies especially 60s music and aren't crazy about the 80s. Should go back to the oldies.

Bizzy
May '18

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.