Escaped Cat - Great Meadows - Hillcrest Drive

Escaped Cat - Great Meadows - Hillcrest Drive

Domestic short hair, "Tuxedo" cat - black with white paws, underbelly and chin. Named "Domino" - not an outside cat, probably scared. Somehow knocked a screen out of a window and fell out. Missing since afternoon of Aug. 24 in the vicinity of Hillcrest Drive/Quenby Mt. Road. Please call if you've seen him - 908-637-4239. Thanks...

Frank Altamura Frank Altamura
Aug '16

Most cats have a strong homing instinct. We brought a cat home into a house where a dog lived. The 6 week old kitten escaped out of fear and we thought we'd never see him again. But several hours later he appeared at the front door. He lived a long life after he and the dog came to terms with each other. Good luck to you finding your little friend. I hope it's soon.

Parental Unit Parental Unit
Aug '16

If your cat has not come home yet I recommend getting a small heart trap from Home depot. Put favorite food in it and when he enters it will close. Hope you find him. Good Luck.

Suzie Suzie
Aug '16

I am always happy to lend out my havahart trap - just message me

4catmom 4catmom
Aug '16

Prayers for a safe return for Domino. We have shared the WRNJ post on Facebook. It's a good idea to put things outside with his scent, a cat bed, favorite blanket, litter box, etc.

Good luck !

BrandyB BrandyB
Aug '16

We saw a cat that may be yours--in the area of Route 46 and Hill Terrace, Independence around 6:00pm today. Sorry, just saw this post.

Tiger Fan Family
Aug '16

The litter box is a great idea! Also leaving a cat carrier with your t-shirt, or anything with your scent, in it will help too. I really hope Domino comes back soon!

Tabby Tabby
Aug '16

He looks so much like my cat. I hope you find him soon.

positive positive
Aug '16

Just saw this, we also saw a cat that looked like this cat in Independence. I saw it yesterday, early evening. He/She was in the parking lot up by the Music Studio .

Bessie Bessie
Aug '16

Any luck finding your kitty?

Jane123 Jane123
Aug '16

I live in the area, have seen the posters, haven't seen the kitty though.

In my experience with escaped indoor cats, they will panic and hide. They will not come to you, no matter what. They are usually within 300' of the house. Check in and under *everything*. At the old house one of mine got out, was missing for two days, was 100' away under the neighbors deck the entire time. Had to crawl under an pull her out because she wouldn't move. It's a very good bet that the cat is very close to home. If you know the window the fell out of, look for the nearest obvious hiding spot and start from there. They are more or less in shock and just panic. A familiar voice and food means nothing at that moment...

Brendan Brendan
Aug '16

My sister is your neighbor, I will ask if she saw the cat recently.

Mommyof3 Mommyof3
Aug '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.