Recycle goods

I don't use garbage pickup in Hackettstown so how and where can I get rid of recycle bottles. Plastic glass ect. Are there drop off points?

Speill
Aug '16

Not sure about local drop off places, but here's the Warren County waste center for all your disposal needs.

http://www.pcfawc.com/recycling-center.html

Jeff M Jeff M
Aug '16

Local drop off depends on the town, which was not mentioned.

If you're not using a pickup then you must be dropping off yourself at the county dump. So as Jeff M pointed out, that would also be the same place to take your recycling at the same time.

Does anyone know the pickup days for the cans of recycling material in hackettstown? I am new to the area and cannot seem to find the pick up day for recycling!

AP it all depends on who you have pickup your garbage. The town doesn't pickup recycling.

Sunshine Sunshine
Aug '16

Anyone know where I can dispose of old empty paint cans, some with old paint in it too.

Botheredbyuu2 Botheredbyuu2
Jan '19

Latex paint you can throw in the trash... oil-based paint is considered hazardous and must be taken to a recycling center.

ianimal ianimal
Jan '19

^ You can buy a chemical mix (Home Depot / Lowe’s for a couple of dollars) that will harden the paint and make it suitable for throwing out in the regular trash.

Edited to add I am not sure about the distinction between oil and latex paints and how that may affect putting it in the trash after being treated.

D-ManPV D-ManPV
Jan '19

you can also dry out latex by pouring kitty litter in it - and it will dry out enough to put out with the garbage

4catmom 4catmom
Jan '19

Thanks. I'm just wondering if there's a certain day that the recycling center takes paint.

Jan '19

4catmom-great idea. Thanks

Jan '19

If it's oil-based paint, they're having a household hazardous waste collection day on April 28th from 8am to noon. If it's latex paint, they don't want it.

http://pcfawc.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/HHW-2019.pdf

ianimal ianimal
Jan '19

Need it gone asap. Thanks Ianimal.

Jan '19

My understanding is if it's latex, open cans, let dry out, then can put it in with your regular trash. Oil base, you'll have to hold until hazardous waste recycling once or twice a year.

Lonesome Dove Lonesome Dove
Jan '19

Anyone know if any place other than recycling center will take button batteries?

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.