Shoprite Mobile Scan

Is anyone using this?. I was so jealous of Byram customers since they've had it for awhile now. Mansfield Shoprite started using it a few weeks ago and it makes shopping so much easier. No more waiting in long lines if you bring your own bags. I scan and bag as I shop. Even with a full cart I can go to a self check out lane and ring myself out. I'm still working on ways to make it the most efficient but so far it's been a timesaver. It doesn't solve the parking lot issues or the narrow aisle issues but it at least helps with the ridiculous lined issues.

jrsemom jrsemom
Jul '16

Had no idea they were doing this, will have to try it. Thanks for the heads up!

I've been using it at Byram since it started. I love it. I love being able to bag while I shop and quickly check out. When I happened to stop at Mansfield a few weeks ago, I was happy to see they were introducing it. And being able to search for digital coupons on my phone and having it attached to my order makes it so much easier :)

Htown Resident Htown Resident
Jul '16

I like it. I am trying to figure out a box solution instead of a bag.

That's a cool idea, but don't you think there's gunna be people out there that will just throw stuff in the bag without scanning it?

Melissa Melissa
Jul '16

They do random testing to make sure you are honest. I suppose it might happen, but I generally believe that there are many more honest people, then dishonest. Also, they have probably calculated that they will save more on labor cost then they might lose in theft.

just another way for us to save a couple of minutes while putting people out of business. the more you choose an automated activity the more you tell shop rite to not pay for a person to do the checkout. remember, at some point, you will be hoping someone values you.

ken e
Aug '16

While Ken E prediction of job loses is typical, it is not entirely accurate. After all they will still need folks to stock shelves, if they move people through the store faster, then it may well draw more customers and they will still need cashier for folks who do not use apps. (There are still lots of folks who refuse to use the auto check out, and folks who pay only with cash and folks who clip coupons, they will benefit because the others will not be in their line.)

Technology has been accused of eliminating jobs for a long time, but typically it just means different jobs for the same folks. (Unless they move the operation off shore, then everyone loses except the stock holders, but that is unlikely with grocery stores. After all bar codes did not mean the end of cashiers.

I for one am looking forward totrying it.

Agust Agust
Aug '16

You can still pay with cash and use coupons while using the mobile scan. You scan a barcode with your phone at the register and your order uploads. You can then scan your coupons and choose your payment option. I'm sure cashiers jobs aren't at risk as I've never seen anyone else using the app while I'm there. I'm sure it'll catch on and become more popular but as Agust said, there will be enough people not using the app to keep the cashiers busy.

jrsemom jrsemom
Aug '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.