Are there any book clubs in our area?

I am considering joining a book club and was wondering if there are any local ones that are accepting new members. I would like to check it out and see if it's something that I would like to do.

Living life boldly.. Living life boldly..
Jul '16

Perhaps we can create a HTown Book club? I have never belonged to a book club, i wouldn't know where to start!

htownnewbie htownnewbie
Jul '16

I've never belonged to one either and thought it might be something different to do that's why I reached out :) I would love to start one with someone, but not sure where to start either...if you are interested, give me a shout so we can chat.

Anyone else out there who might be interested?

Jul '16

I'm interested!!

This is exciting!! Let me look at my calendar and I will post here soon for those who are interested to join me for a brainstorming session! I live on the Hackettstown end of Mansfield.

All interested readers.......Keep posting here to let us know who would like to join us!

Jul '16

Msg headed your way. Are you reading anything interesting? i am currently reading "My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She's Sorry" Fredrik Backman.

htownnewbie htownnewbie
Jul '16

I would be interested.

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '16

My mother is a member of the club at the Northeast branch of the Warren County Library. The other branches may have clubs too...check out their website.

Gardenfish Gardenfish
Jul '16

July 20 at 1:30 and or 6:30 at the Northeast Branch of Warren County Library, Route 46 in the town of independence

ex sci teacher
Jul '16

I would be interested.

Natari Natari
Jul '16

Htownnewbie....I just put that in my Amazon cart to buy! Lol
Thanks for the info about the one at the library. I was just online looking up how to start a book club.

Keep the posts coming for those interested.

Jul '16

Htownnewbie...sent you a msg.

Jul '16

Count me in!

I would be interested!!

red76nj red76nj
Jul '16

Hi fellow readers! I will post again after July 20th with more information about our book club. Htownnewbie and myself are going to check out some things and get back to you all. Talk to you soon!

Living Life Boldly.. Living Life Boldly..
Jul '16

Funny htownnewbie, I was just given the name of a book by Fredrick Backman, A Man Named Ove. A salesman in our office said his wife read it for a book club she's in and loved it. I will have to look up the one you mentioned

Bessie Bessie
Jul '16

I might be interested - I've been wanting to read more!

Htown Resident Htown Resident
Jul '16

Interested!

Hi fellow book lovers!! I spent some time doing some research and on site investigation in existing club and I think I'm ready to do this. So....if any of you are still interested, let's meet up at Panera in Mansfield on Sunday, August 7 @ 7pm to discuss the specifics. If you can't make it but want to join, shoot me an email.

Jul '16

Sounds good. I read A Man Named Ove - it was interesting.

Challah Challah
Jul '16

Great!! Hope to see all interested book lovers there! :)

Jul '16

Question, is this going to be a book club that meets at Panera exclusively?

Calico696 Calico696
Jul '16

I just picked a local place to get together and get the ball rolling. The group can decide where and when to meet monthly if they want something different. No specifics on anything as of right now. Just looking for input and where to go next with this.

Jul '16

I know this is like a month later but I am really interested in this! Any chance this has started already or is up and coming?

Melanie Jones Melanie Jones
Aug '16

A couple of us met at Panera and decided on a book called Walking Prey by Holly Austin Smith. We will be meeting again Sunday September 25th. Not sure where but if you would like to come feel free to contact either Living life boldly or myself.

Natari Natari
Aug '16

Absolutely, I would love to! I will confirm with you when it gets closer, or whenever you know where we will be meeting. I can be easily reached by phone or email

Melanie Jones Melanie Jones
Aug '16

We welcome everyone! We will see you on September 25 at 7pm!! Looking forward to it!

Aug '16

We will meet at Panera at one of the tables near the front door.

Aug '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.