Birds Nesting in my home

So I have seen (and heard) evidence that birds have taken residence in my house. There is bird poop on the siding near an opening along the roof, and we periodically hear squawks/chirps coming from what sounds like the ceiling. Who is the best person to call to get rid of this thing?

I have the same issue except I don't really mind them. They have a nest in the eaves of my old house. If I were you, I'd leave them alone until the babies are old enough to fly and leave on their own, then find the entry point and plug it up. Spray foam works well.

eperot eperot
Jul '16

Believe state law prevents you fom disturbing nesting songbirds. Wlii be done and gone quickly and then you can seal up the spot.

Dansker Dansker
Jul '16

Leave them alone. They will eventualy leave when they are ready.

happiest girl
Jul '16

Please be patient - this "thing" will be gone soon and then, as suggested above, you should locate and seal up the hole that allowed them to nest in a comfortable spot in their environment.

pmnsk pmnsk
Jul '16

As others have stated, leave it until the fall. The youngins will be grown and out by then.

Talleyho
Jul '16

Are you sure they aren't bats? What do the droppings look like? White or dark pellets?

Gadfly Gadfly
Jul '16

Bats don't squawk or chirp.

Dansker Dansker
Jul '16

Bats definitely chirp. I just dealt with a colony this spring.

Gadfly Gadfly
Jul '16

Not like a bird at all though!My daughter does bat rescue with Jackie at the NJ Bat Sanctuary for several years now. ou would never mistake it for a bird

Dansker Dansker
Jul '16

I was afraid I'd be dealing with potential structural damage. Sounds like there is nothing to worry about with my home except for bird droppings on my siding. I'll hold tight for now.

Thanks for the ease of mind, everyone!

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.