Mr. Howard Shriver - thank a vet

Pictured is Mr. Howard Shriver, a WWII veteran who served in the Marianas Islands and the Philippines. He lives in an assisted living facility in Marietta, OH and will celebrate his 98th birthday on July 12.

Let's make his 98th memorable.

I am asking anyone who would like to thank a member of the Greatest Generation - the first Soldier called up from Williamstown, WV - to send a birthday card. I'd love to see him get hundreds of cards, to show appreciation and give him something to talk about for a while.

If you can support him with a birthday card, the address is (I have his permission to share):

Howard Shriver c/o Brookdale Senior Living 150 Browns Road, A16 Marietta OH 45750

http://i.imgur.com/Qe5uCBY.jpg

skippy skippy
Jun '16

Great idea skippy. I will send a card.

Thank you for your service Mr. Shriver.

Calico696 Calico696
Jun '16

Thanks !

skippy skippy
Jun '16

Card is written, stamped and will be mailed in the morning. God bless him and his comrades for their sacrifice.

Dansker Dansker
Jun '16

thank you!

skippy skippy
Jun '16

Will send him a card with lots of love and admiration a few days before his birthday on July 12.

Don't send it now, folks!
Wait until a week or so before his actual birthday

LVRes LVRes
Jun '16

How do you know him, Skippy??

LVRes LVRes
Jun '16

"Will send him a card with lots of love and admiration a few days before his birthday on July 12.

Don't send it now, folks! "

Unless you're sending it through the Hackettstown Post Office... then get it in the mail ASAP (-;

ianimal ianimal
Jun '16

I do t know him at all - I saw it on redit and thought it was sweet - contacted the original poster and here we are

skippy skippy
Jun '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.