Feet & Beyond / Podiatrist Recommendations

Looking for feedback from anyone that has been to these doctors..

Looking for a podiatrist

townmom townmom
May '16

Never heard of Feet & Beyond, but I recommend Dr. Mullen at Foot Care Associates in Hastings.

I've had a stress fracture and plantar fasciitis and he really helped me get back on my feet quickly both times.

Wendy Wendy
May '16

I see Dr. Nguyen at Feet & Beyond ... She has given me excellent care.

Dr. Mullen is a good doctor but the admin/payable people for insurance payment are terrible. It will take a long time to straighten out your bills. Check everything.

Would highly recommend Dr. Nguyen and Dr. Zhu at Feet & Beyond. Great docs!

Terry P
May '16

My boyfriend went to both he likes feet and beyond much better.

Stressed out Stressed out
May '16

My 93 year old father in law went to the one in Hastings Commons.
When they put his shoes back on and sent him out the door, they were on the wrong feet. They seemed more interested in making sure he got a pair of very expensive shoes from Medicare, because he could. This for a man who could barely walk.

Also, the one on Hastings commons requires that you leave a "credit card on file" so that they can bill you - you either sign the release and leave the card on file or are told that you can "go to another doctor"!!!!

pmnsk pmnsk
May '16

Record that when they tell you , then request they put it in writing ...I am sure that would change their attitude.

Steven Steven
May '16

I wish that were so, Steven, it IS in writing - they have you fill out a release form and will not allow you to be seen without it.

pmnsk pmnsk
May '16

Try Foot Care Assoc., Dr K Allesi is the best! He has been a godsend for my feet!

Ralph H. Ralph H.
May '16

that's the group, Ralph - service may be wonderful, but be prepared to leave your credit card with them, with your permission to make charges.... or they won't see you!

pmnsk pmnsk
May '16

LabCorp makes you leave a credit card on file too...fyi

Just Saying.... Just Saying....
May '16

Actually, when I went to Labcorp and was told to leave the card, I told them that I was uncomfortable with that and they did NOT insist. Services provided appropriately.

pmnsk pmnsk
May '16

Dr. Amannda Richline

Address: 4 Greenwich St, Belvidere, NJ 07823
Phone:(908) 475-8750

You can always ask t see their "security policy regarding retention of their patient information",..... most have nothing in place beyond a file cabinet and pc drive, which to me, is just not acceptable or realistic in this day and age...they may also attempt to take your picture or request a photo id....this is NOT part of your insurance companies requirement to grant coverage to you for the monies you and your employer pay for health care coverage.)

Steven Steven
May '16

A+ for Dr Allesi. Caring and patient!
Not the first place to ask for a cc and wont be the last.

Really
Jun '16

Doesn't make it appropriate nor safe.

pmnsk pmnsk
Jun '16

Bumping this up for any current thoughts on Feet & Beyond. I was going to Foot Care Associates but need to switch to a Tier 1 doctor. Also, anyone dealing with foot neuropathy, do they test to find the cause? I was told the testing wasn’t pleasant, any truth to that.

Bessie Bessie
Feb '19

I go to Dr. Ngyen and Dr Zhu at Feet & Beyond and are very happy with them. I have also referred a few friends to them, and they are all pleased with their care as well!

Terry P
Feb '19

Can I ask what a Tier 1 doctor is? Is that an actual medical classification?

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Feb '19

Tier 1 is part of Horizons Omni Gold Plan. Tier 1 doctors have a set copay and would be less out of pocket for testing, procedures, etc. Tier 2 doctors charge what’s customary but is more than the copay on Tier 1 and is usually more out of pocket for other tests and procedures. Not sure if that makes sense..as if any medical insurance makes sense.

Bessie Bessie
Feb '19

I go to Dr. Nguyen. She is wonderful, I like her a lot, very thorough, easy to talk to.

Indy Neighbor
Feb '19

Thanks Bessie. Appreciate the explanation.

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Feb '19

Rex Ryan takes loving care of feet. Not entirely sure that he’s certified, though.

Dr. Abner Belvedere
Mar '19

looking for update responses

I like DR Mullen but I too had billing issues which took months to clear because I trusted them to do it. Turned over to my insurance to fix, and now OK. But yeah, I jeep an extra eye on them. The credit card thing is not that unusual to me. No biggee, it’s easier to deny payment than it is for folks to bill.

StrangerDanger StrangerDanger
Jun '19

Love Dr. Nguyen, she's great! She is very thorough and makes me feel comfortable. Never felt rushed, listened to all of my concerns and is very pleasant.

The office staff and Dr Zhu are nice as well. Definitely a place I recommend.

Dr. Gerald Mauriello

4 Greenwich Street
Belvidere, NJ 07823

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.