Dogs driving!

Two times this week I have seen a car drive by with a dog sitting on the Drivers lap and looking out the window. I have seen this several times previously and I do not think it should be allowed because I think that it can distract the driver.......your thoughts........

Jellybean Jellybean
May '16

Most dogs I know are better drivers than humans.

Calico696 Calico696
May '16

Of course it distracts the driver. So does all the other stupid crap people do while they're driving. People just generally drive like absolute garbage and nobody gives a flip about anyone else. We already have distracted driving laws that are rarely enforced.

Tracy (mobile) Tracy (mobile)
May '16

LOL calico.
Here's proof:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HNn0wgZG0A

happiest girl
May '16

I agree Calico!

Walking Girl Walking Girl
May '16

My brother Tigger drove Bubba D Truk. They were great friends and totally rock any human driver. ;-)

Most humanz need lessons and should take a chill pill.

Sugar Sugar
May '16

Dogs should not be driving on the driver's lap. They should be ticketed.

Tweety Tweety
May '16

Awesome happiest!

Calico696 Calico696
May '16

Of course with the dog not belted in, it's out the window and probably dead in case of an accident. My dog is hooked into the backseat safety belt whenever we go for a ride. The dog on the lap goes back to the thinking that all dogs should be free and unleashed.

Redwing
May '16

The human can (and should) get a ticket for careless driving. The dog should get a human that cares enough about their safety to NOT let the dog distract them and potentially cause an accident.

JerryG JerryG
May '16

Under N.J.S.A. 4:22-18, Officers can pull over any driver they feel is improperly transporting an animal. Not only can a ticket be issued with fines ranging from $250 to $1,000 for each offense, but the driver can also be charged with a disorderly person’s offense under the state's animal cruelty statutes.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
May '16

Is it OK to sit in the passenger seat while the dog drives? I let my dog work the wheel and I work the peddles from the passenger side of my F150? Surprisingly he's a very good driver. Wish he had longer legs.

not sack
May '16

i saw this exact thing this morning on my way into work. a person was making a left-turn onto a residential street and there was a dog right in the field of view of the driver with his head out the window. it was so unbelievably unsafe. people need to be ticketed more for this and made aware this is dangerous.

Joe Friday Joe Friday
May '16

The only time a dog should be driving is when he's the only one in the car who's sober...

ianimal ianimal
May '16

I thought it was a law that you had to have your dog in some type of doggy car seat apparatus or you will get ticketed.

Just Saying.... Just Saying....
May '16

Re: Dogs driving!

Mine thinks he's human

I thought they passed a law dogs had to be harnessed into a seat?

Re: Dogs driving!

I agree, dogs should not be sitting in the owner's lap while driving. The should be ticketed for being off the leash.

I have pictured the correct way for a dog to drive. Remember, they do have a license.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
May '16

Classic

Lol my dog is not allowed on my lap, but he hangs out the passenger window or stands on the console with his face right next to mine watching the road as if he is doing the driving

They should be ticketed!! careless driving and careless dog ownership. what would happen to the dog if the airbag was deployed? dead dog!!

2 cents
May '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.