Anyone switch to Farmers Insurance for home?

Considering switching to them for home insurance, still going through comparing pricing. Any experience with them? They are relatively new to NJ market.

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Apr '16

I switched last year from Statefarm to Travelers and saved about $600 per year. The same coverage and deductible ..

Mr.tone Mr.tone
Apr '16

1+ for Travelers. Better coverage. Lower premium.

3wbdwnj 3wbdwnj
Apr '16

IsTravelers a no claim refund policy?

happiest girl
Apr '16

What is a no claim refund policy?

virginia e virginia e
Apr '16

virginia --
My insurance agent told me some companies have a lower premium but when you put in a claim your insurance goes up. They are called 'no claim refund' (no claim = "refund" ie lower premium)
With other policies when you put in a claim your premium does not go up.

happiest girl
Apr '16

My wife and I just switched to Farmers about four months ago...thus far we have been quite pleased both with the parent company and particularly the local agency.

Evergreen '69 Evergreen '69
Apr '16

https://www.farmersagent.com/abarreiro

We switched EVERYTHING to Farmers last year. Anthony was awesome and worked to get us the best price while matching or getting us better coverage. Highly recommend giving Anthony a call. I never used an insurance agent before; I always did it online myself. I'll never NOT use an agent again. Good luck.

Getthefacts Getthefacts
Apr '16

Just have to throw my 2 cents in being an agent myself. I think most people will find there are better prices available if you talk to an independent agent that has access to a lot of companies. When you call a State Farm agent or even the Farmers agent they are captive agents and can only usually write with their company. An independent agent usually has numerous companies they can check for pricing. It never costs anything to get a quote and often people are surprised to find they might have been over paying for a long time. Remember all those TV commercials cost money. There are plenty of companies that don't really advertise and can be priced better.

EricJC EricJC
Apr '16

I agree with ericjc. If you have an agent with any companies he can shop the market for you Also, the no claim policy sounds like accident forgiveness coverage which you pay a little more for up front but don't get charged if you have an accident.

I used the Farmers agent in Panther Valley to switch and was very happy. Very nice people there who were both very helpful.

JB400 JB400
May '16

I hate that their lawn signs are showing up all over town now. Must be a new marketing technique. I think it looks trashy and wouldn't use them because of it.

just sayin' just sayin'
May '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.