Person Found Dead Along River

A person died in a hanging in Hackettstown, police confirm.

The was no foul play involved, police said.

The person was found dead Monday night behind Saxton Drive, along the Musconetcong River, police said.

Police did not provide the victim's gender or age.

The Morris County Medical Examiner's Office will rule on the cause and manner of the death.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/index.ssf/2016/04/person_dies_in_new_jersey_hang.html

Dave G Dave G
Apr '16

That explains the activity we observed last night . Thank you for posting. We have been very concerned as the presence of fire department, state trooper and special investigator could only mean a serious event. Prayers for the family and all involved.

just coach just coach
Apr '16

So nice how people are so sensitive and considerate of the victim and his/her family and friends. Ridiculous posting this terrible tragic incident !!!!
Listen to WRNJ or read the Newspaper...............for this type of News

My Prayers for the Victim, Family and Friends.....RIP

LittleRascal LittleRascal
Apr '16

"Listen to WRNJ or read the Newspaper...............for this type of News"

How is hearing it on the radio or Newspaper any different?

I feel sad for this person. I wish people had the help that they needed to get through whatever they are going through.

I wish there were more ways to pick up the signs of someone hurting so much.

RIP- and my thoughts are with the family and friends.

I also feel for the person who had to find the victim.

Nosila Nosila
Apr '16

What's so ridiculous? It was posted with the utmost respect. If it's already in the paper and on the radio it public knowledge. That being said I send my thoughts and prayers to this person's family. I've experienced suicide in my family and I know how devastating it can be.

Ollie Ollie
Apr '16

@Little Rascal - This board has always been a place where people post news stories looking for more information. The story is very vague and it's an unusual to hear about a hanging. The OP just wanted more information. Obviously conventional news sources don't know much hence the posting.

People can be sensitive and send their thoughts and prayers while still wanting additional information. The two are not mutually exclusive.

somechik somechik
Apr '16

I also have experienced suicide in the family. My thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends . May they find the strength they need.

Dansker Dansker
Apr '16

This is sad! My prayers and condolences to the family.

iChristine iChristine
Apr '16

Little Rascal - We noticed the emergency lights last night and knew something was not right.. I used Hackettstown Forum to look for information because I know I will not feel so alone in having to look at that spot in the future and know what happened. There are many on HF who are supportive and understanding and I was looking for that sense of community. Suicide is something that needs to be talked about. HF seems to be doing what it is designed to do today to help ALL those that have been affected by an event. I again send my thoughts and prayers not only to the family but to those on HF who have experienced suicide in their family or friends.

just coach just coach
Apr '16

This is so sad, a name has not been released but if you have kids in the high school you have probably heard who it is that passed away. (No he/she was not attending HHS at this time)
My thoughts go out to the family
We have lost a very kind and loving soul

Gonebutnotforgotten Gonebutnotforgotten
Apr '16

gonebutnotforgotten----you know who it is then?

http://www.nj.com/morris/index.ssf/2016/04/cop_who_saved_suicidal_man_on_route_287_were_not_u.html#incart_river_mobileshort_index

Good job to the trooper for this save.

Yesman
Apr '16

Just heard who it was& I just can't believe it!
What is going on In this little town? So many taking their own lives, too many that my son has known. I did not know of 1 person who committed suicide when I was in highschool or college & my child has known so many
RIP!

H-town Mama H-town Mama
Apr '16

My DD also called and told me who it was. She is so upset. This person had a tough life when they were young. Was such a good person and from a nice family. RIP

Christine Christine
Apr '16

Yeah, this person was good friends with members of my family. Very sad. Prayers go out to family and friends.

H-town Mama, you've been lucky then. I'm pretty sure I'm older than you, and I've known quite a few suicides, starting from my grade school days. Sadly, suicide is nothing new.

My condolences to those left behind. It's a hard thing to process and to make peace with.

Aquarius Aquarius
Apr '16

I feel sudical often. Haven't done it but no one cares

MikeL MikeL
Apr '16

Mike if you really feel that way please contact one of the many phone lines you can.

Think about it
Apr '16

1 (800) 273-8255
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline

Hey Mike, we all care :)

Websleuth Websleuth
Apr '16

Someone always cares, MikeL.

There was an Italian restaurant that a bunch of us frequented at my first job. When we questioned why the waitress who normally waited on us had been gone a while, and were told that she hanged herself the previous week, we were devastated. We put together a fund for her memory, just because we didn't know what else to do with our grief. She might never have known that we cared about her, but we did. To this day I think of her from time to time.

Please, if you legitimately feel suicidal, call 1 (800) 273-8255. Someone always cares.

Aquarius Aquarius
Apr '16

Mike, please message me! I am here for you. I absolutely care!

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '16

Re: Person Found Dead Along River

I know this person.....we were neighbors and friends. This is a tragic, senseless loss of life. It didn't need to happen.

slade v 2.0 slade v 2.0
Apr '16

MikeL you can PM anytime, I don't care you just want to vent or you are just bored doesn't matter to me. I could listen and maybe I could make you smile but please don't think people don't care. Take care and I'll say a special prayer for you as well as the family that has lost their loved one. My kids are devistated and I'm trying to hold it together for them. Prayers to everyone.

lee75 lee75
Apr '16

Someone always cares. Always.

MikeL, you can PM me anytime too.

Aquarius Aquarius
Apr '16

You can also PM me. Probably a whole lot of people care deeply about you, many more than you think. Everyone gets so caught up in life activities that they often forget to reach out.I don't sleep well so any time is good. Try calling the number above too. Cannot hurt to talk to someone. My brother kept calling me and leaving messages, but he was calling the wrong number. Only found out after, when checked his phone. It was devastating.

Dansker Dansker
Apr '16

This is definitely a tragedy. I just lost one of my cousins to suicide a couple of weeks ago. He was a real sweet, caring guy. Even more sadly, it's usually that type of person we lose. The ones that genuinely cared.

Phil D. Phil D.
Apr '16

Phil D I am very sorry for your loss. I lost a cousin a few years ago to suicide. Every single person mentioned that he always seemed like such a happy guy. So outgoing. We all have our demons.

To all who knew today's victim, my sincerest sympathy. It is particularly hard when we lose a young life. Prayers for the family.

MikeL, people always care. I would think some suicidal people do consider parents/spouses/friends before they choose suicide, thinking they are doing them a favor. They are not. I doubt most consider siblings. It is beyond devastating for them. We are all more loved then we ever realize or appreciate. Please do reach out, and as you see, people are reaching out to you.

MikeL - You are surrounded by friends and a great community - PM me.

There is a Gofundme acct set up to assist this grieving family - please PM me for the information. Please donate what ever you can...

htownnewbie htownnewbie
Apr '16

OMG!.
It was not my intention to make this thread about me. My simple statement was only to share that depression and suicidal tendencies are more common then many believe.
I don't believe I'm capable of following through with this but the thoughts certainly exist. Thanks to all who commented or emailed.
I'm in a good place now, but it changes all the time.

MikeL MikeL
Apr '16

Thanks for checking Mike. Always nice to see people do care. Prayers to all.

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Apr '16

MikeL - Glad to see you got some very positive responses as well as you're good now. Modern science has more and more come to recognize changing all the time is a very specific symptom that has treatment options. Common as you said, but also treatable. My advice is not to wait for one of the down times, but have an exploratory meeting with a professional to explore what can be done.

MikeL glad to read your post.

lee75 lee75
Apr '16

So tragic - lost my only nephew almost 2 years ago now, about the same age -- can only imagine what the family is going through - between suicide, heroin and drunk driving our youth are in a tough place --- hugging my kids a little tighter and open and frank talk is all we can do...

trekster3- trekster3-
Apr '16

Listen to my friend Barbara speak so movingly about suicide- https://youtu.be/HSy3hU5hMEQ

4catmom 4catmom
Apr '16

Mike- we all care

WHOknows
Apr '16

Very sad. My condolences to the family. It's so hard to know what someone is going through. Reach out to your loved ones, be nice to a stranger, you never know when a small act on your part could make the world of difference to someone else.

Sunshine Sunshine
Apr '16

Where's the follow-up to this? I have many old friends in that area.

Mel, I dont think there has been a follow up through the media or police yet.

It just breaks my heart to hear someone hurts so bad that suicide seems to be the only option.

Love and prayers go out to the family and friends........that knew him.

littlelu littlelu
Apr '16

I'm just curious , how do you pm someone?

sunny sunny
Apr '16

sunny - Just click the envelope icon next to the poster's name.

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '16

People ......There is a Young Man gone from this World forever......get a Life and let it Rest !!!

LittleRascal LittleRascal
Apr '16

Little Rascal,,,,,,,,,, talking together helps . Please try and understand the value of having a place to go to as a comminity. If this is not what you need, please don't judge those who benefit from this thread. That hurts.

just coach just coach
Apr '16

Sunny you click the little envelope next to their name.

Njchia Njchia
Apr '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.