Unique moving question?

GREETINGS!

We have a somewhat unique situation. We are recently married, after each of us being married for 54 years. Our spouses went to be with the Lord, so we have two houses, 6 children and 12 grandchildren.
Does anyone know of a moving company that will do “partial moves” between now and February 29th within the Hackettstown area??

Thank you in advance. We'll invite you to our 25th Wedding Anniversary!

June & Walter Stuber

908-852-7341, cell 908-619-6356, PTL!

Walter Stuber Walter Stuber
Feb '16

I have no information for you, but I wanted to say congratulations to you and wife on your marriage!

Calico696 Calico696
Feb '16

What is the difference honestly? You should be able to hire a moving company to move just a few things as opposed to a whole house it should be cheaper too. Or rent a truck and put all those kids and grandkids to work! LOL!

Darrin Darrin
Feb '16

I think if you just go to the previous posts on movers, any of them will do that. It's mostly just a matter of cost. If they have to allocate movers twice, and travel from their location to the site twice, etc. then it's just going to be more $ than doing it all at the same time. It probably won't be as much as two separate moves, but it's just a matter of the money.

First of all ,Walt and June.... Congratulations. I did not realize when we saw you at the Legion Friday night that you had married. ( Now you will know who I am by my HL screenname).. This is just wonderful news and so happy for you both...I would do as GC suggested in his above post or perhaps list what you are looking for in the HL Classified section under "Other"..there may be some people out there looking for work who have a truck and want to make some money or even a moving company itself that would answer your ad and be able to help you out...Good luck!

joyful joyful
Feb '16

Walter and June, You were missed at church today... Hope you are well. Why not contact the deacons, and let the Covenant Moving Company help you with your move? Between them,your 3 grown sons and 2 strong grandsons who live nearby, plus all the strong young men in the church, you would be moved in no time.Many have trucks, 2 deacons even have trailers.They are your blood family, and church family!!

Blessed mama Blessed mama
Feb '16

Congrats to the both of you! Walter and June are the cutest!

Any company will move what you want as long as you pay the price. good Luck in your move!

Christine Christine
Feb '16

Congratulations!

I recommend Vernay. We had a three week overlap between homes so we moved mostly on our own, but we hired Vernay for their 4 hour minimum job (reasonably priced - can't remember how much though). We wanted them to move our heavy furniture.

They came and loaded up the stuff I wanted moved so fast that they had extra time. Unfortunately, I wasn't packed / ready to move other household stuff. After asking us, they moved the entire contents of our garage (riding mower, tools, lawn equipment) which was entirely loose and unpacked. I was greatly impressed and happy (saved us a ton of work)

They worked for the full 4 hours and really earned their money.

Be aware when you use a moving company of their insurance coverage ...or lack of..

Many years ago, Vernay moved some items for me ( prior to the move , they advised "they were fully insured and my items were covered ")

They damaged an antique desk..then quickly advised they insured "based on weight not replacement value of item".

Learned a very expensive lesson.....just wanted to pass along.

Steven Steven
Feb '16

Walter and June, Congratulations!! It is so beautiful to read this wonderful post on HL. We are the folks who live kind of behind you ... on Ridge Road. Happy Days to You Both!!

Mrs. Pipes Mrs. Pipes
Feb '16

Vernay broke and damaged a few items of ours in a move. I wouldn't go with them. Plus we had fabric based items that smelled of cigarettes from their "breaks."

D&J is also in town and we had a great experience with them after our move.

Moving On Moving On
Feb '16

Congratulations Walter and June! If you're doing partial moves, leads me to believe you want to clean out one house and move everything in the long run to the other.

I would think using the Pod's (or something like it) at each house might be helpful - leaving only the Must Have's in each home - then moving the remaining contents to the 'target' home ---

Then the Pods can be shipped to storage (or wherever) to be sorted through when you want to. Might work out as a purge.

But, with the partial moves any reputable company should be happy to have a small weekly move as a client!

Good Luck!

trekster3- trekster3-
Feb '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.