Come be part of the St. Patrick's Parade 2016!

Hi! Who will be marching down Main Street in the 2016 Hackettstown St. Patrick's Day, Sunday March 13!?

We welcome vendors, marchers, volunteers, sponsors, so sign up if you're interested as an individual, a business or organization. Students/groups are welcome to volunteer to complete community service hours! Pets are welcome to walk the parade, too!

Find event details and register here:
http://hktwn.com/2016/01/st-patricks-parade-register2016/

HKTWN BID HKTWN BID
Feb '16

The 27th Regiment of New Jersey will be representing the 1st Battalion Irish Brigade. Again this year we will have Abraham Lincoln and General US Grant with his wife Julia Grant joining us on Main Street.

John C John C
Feb '16

New Jersey Mopar Owners and Enthusiasts Group will be there again this year! We wouldn't miss it.

texaskeystone texaskeystone
Feb '16

Looking forward to another great parade!

The St. Patrick's Parade today was wonderful...The streets were lined with people and the rain held off for it all. Great job BID and all who participated!!!

joyful joyful
Mar '16

Re: Come be part of the St. Patrick's Parade 2016!

Love the Morris Co Police pipers. Love Aqua - great to see that special guest helping out. So many others as well.

Great job all around.

Parade was absolutely wonderful!!! Great job parade committee!

htown htown
Mar '16

Great time at the Parade yesterday! Nice job by all involved.

Callzem Asi Seezum
Mar '16

Nick Scalera Photography was at the St. Patrick's Day parade taking a lot of pictures for the newspaper, I believe. Hopefully he will post some on HL too.

joyful joyful
Mar '16

joyful -
I hope so. He takes great pictures. He posted them last year on the forum.

happiest girl
Mar '16

This was definetly the best parade I've been involved within my 4 years helping out. The weather, the bands, the participants and the crowd were all great. If anyone is ever interested in volunteering we can always use the help. To give u an idea Somerville and Morristown's parade committee is 20+. We have about 8 that do all the planning and a few more that are kind enough to help out the day of the parade. Feel free to contact the BID if you want to help us. That's how I got involved thru HL. And it's been a lot of fun.

Darwin Darwin
Mar '16

The whole family had a great time! Great weather, good people, loved it!
Not sure if anyone else feels the same way I do, but it would be even better if there wasn't candy being thrown at everyone or even handed out.
I have several small children and don't even want them to have it. There were others around me who let there kids get it and at the end threw it all in the garbage. At several times my two younger ones couldn't even see as a group of young girls were standing right in front of them yelling for candy.
When we were younger we enjoyed waving and smiling at people in the parade. Now it's all about what we can get from the people marching. Kind of sad.
Maybe if others felt the same way the bid would do without it?

LivingLifeLovingLife LivingLifeLovingLife
Mar '16

Re: Come be part of the St. Patrick's Parade 2016!

Greetings!

Thanks for the mention & kind words - much appreciated!

2016 Hackettstown St. Patrick's Day Parade Photos:
https://hackettstownstpatricksparade2016.shutterfly.com/22

Enjoy!

Nick Scalera Photo Nick Scalera Photo
Mar '16

Thanks, Nick Scalera Photo, for these wonderful pictures of Hackettstown's St. Patrick's Day Parade.... I recognize two "Senior Citizens" in one of these as well. You do great work!!

joyful joyful
Mar '16

Great pictures, thank you!

Great parade! We were about three rows back and it was so nice of the lady handing out M&M's to make sure the kids with us got some. She stepped into the crowd to hand each kid some. They wouldn't have gotten any candy because of our spot, if it wasn't for her, so thank you!! They would have been okay without but it was nice for them to get some too.
Livinglifelovinglife - the candy tossing can make it a bit crazy. I think it's nice when it's handed out but it can get a bit unsafe when it's being tossed and kids are entering the street to get it. I also noticed a guy in the crowd that was tossing candy from the sidewalk through the crowd into the street. I think he was just being nice but the one time a fire truck was coming and kids went out to grab it. That scared me.
All in all a great day! Thank you to everyone that makes it possible!

SUNSHINE SUNSHINE
Mar '16

Great pictures Nick Scalera! The BID also asked me to take pictures of the parade. If you were in the parade or sitting around the High St. / Main St. intersection, please take a look! I got just about all of the groups that marched in my pictures. Here's my link - https://2016htownstpatricksparade.shutterfly.com/

Robyn Lambo Robyn Lambo
Mar '16

Great pictures, Robyn...Thanks for posting...

joyful joyful
Mar '16

Thanks Robyn - nice work! :)

Nick Scalera Photo Nick Scalera Photo
Mar '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.