Need help with a lost or stray cat

Need help with a lost or stray cat

This cat comes around my house every once in awhile and normally it seems ok so I let it be. But after this awful storm, I'm thinking I should try to get it somewhere. He also has a bloody spot on one of his ears. Does anyone know this cat or knows where to call to help get it somewhere safely where they won't just put him to sleep?

Beesnuts Beesnuts
Jan '16

Have you seen him since the storm? Does he seem to be friendly.

Nature Lover Nature Lover
Jan '16

Is he friendly? What town is he in? I know Hackettstown's ACO, Kim,Usually brings them to Common Sense.

Dansker Dansker
Jan '16

Maybe call Pet Adoption League.

Jan '16

I know a family that is missing a cat around 4th street that they were catsitting and the cat just has not been around for a few days. This is a older cat.

joyful joyful
Jan '16

The cat lost on 4th St that's been discussed here on HL is black. Is the cat you know about the one that was here on HL, joyful?

I know a cat that has very similar marks around his mouth, but the white patch doesn't go as far up his nose. *Just* in case, is there anything unusual about this cat's paws? From the picture I don't think there is, but I thought I'd ask just to be sure.

It would definitely help to know not only the town, but the neighborhood as well.

GC Did not know that this particular cat has been already discussed on HL. I met with the man that has been catsitting for this family the other day and he is pretty upset as the cat has not been around for some time now for him to feed and he feels responsible for its loss.

joyful joyful
Jan '16

I am on Willow Grove Street and I have seen this cat around here for months now so if it is a lost cat, he's maybe been lost for awhile :( I saw him today at around 4pm but not since then. He is alittle skiddish but I gave him tuna and warm milk and he came up friendly enough for me to pet him. And I did not notice any about his paws as far as I can remember.

Beesnuts Beesnuts
Jan '16

Beesnuts - If you didn't notice anything about the paws then it's not the one I know. Besides, as far as I know the cat I'm thinking of is safely at home. He just wanders a bit outside sometimes.

Beesnuts that may be the cat that I was trying to catch. I am on Lafayette and haven't seen (I thought it was a girl) it for close to a week now.
I have everything all set up to bring it inside, and a Have a Heart trap that I borrowed from the Animal Control Officer, (have caught 2 OTHER cats).
Anyway, if you can catch it, let me know and I will come see if it is the same one and take it.
The one that I am trying to capture, used to live in one of the houses on Lafayette and was left when the people moved out. Thanks!

sapphireblues sapphireblues
Jan '16

The cat that I have seen is definitely a still intact male cat. I saw him once more after the big snow storm but haven't seen him in a week or so now.. Hope he's ok. Sapphireblues- where do the cats go that you capture? I have thought about if he should be captured but I worry maybe he is someone's outdoor cat because I really don't know where he's coming from

Beesnuts Beesnuts
Feb '16

Re: Need help with a lost or stray cat

He was on my back porch yesterday about 4 4:30. I let him in and gave him food he had 3 bowels, very hungry cat. I see him about every 3-5 days for some time now. I am up by the bank on willow grove.When he left he went t words the laundromat.I think he has a brother looks almost like him without the grey strip on the side of the face that i have not seen since the storm.

Ron 40 Ron 40
Feb '16

If he came inside and is friendly he may belong to somebody. He looks very healthy. I have an indoor cat who would eat 3 bowels of food if I let him. If he was not getting any food I would think he would be on your porch everyday. I think it is irresponsible to let a cat out without a collar, etc... But he could belong to someone who took him in as a stray. My neighbor took in a stray and she spends most of her time outside, even in terrible weather, she prefers to be outdoors, even with the option to go inside. Maybe you can put a collar on the cat with your phone number on it. Then, if he has an owner you may get a phone call.
PS... I am not trying to criticize, I do think it is wonderful what you are doing. It is very kind hearted to worry so much about animals. It is why we ended up with so many pets!

Jesse123 Jesse123
Feb '16

What has happened to all these stray cats that were on the forum .. The one on Riva Drive, etc etc. what has happened to this one? So sad they are all out in this cold.

Feb '16

Hi,

The two that I captured, we released, as one was a neighbors cat (silly cat LOL) and the other we were not sure about so we let him go.

Debbie,

I was hoping to take the cat in, but I thought that it was a female. I have 2 female cats and am not sure how they would react to a male :(

Thanks for reaching out to me!!! I really appreciate it!!!!!!!

sapphireblues sapphireblues
Feb '16

Female cats usually respond positively to male cats and vice versa. I have a female cat and she only tolerates male cats.

Jesse123 Jesse123
Feb '16

Ron 40- glad to know he's ok, I haven't seen him for awhile! Was his ear still bloody? I think there are a couple of strays in our area but when I saw he was a little injured that's when I posted, thought maybe he needs help.

He is pretty friendly so that's why I wonder if he is somebody's or if not, I feel like he would enjoy being adopted to spend time being pet sometimes and being fed regularly even if he ends up being a mostly outdoor cat.

Jesse123 thanks for the collar/note idea, I may try that.

Even if this guy stays a stray, he should maybe be fixed?

Beesnuts Beesnuts
Feb '16

Sad news. While driving home today around 4:15 pm or so I saw a dead cat lying in Allen Rd across from Donaldson driveway. Large dark grey cat appeared to have very recently been hit by car. I moved the cat off the road and went to the front door of the house right there and knocked. There were 2 cats on the porch , a big bowl of cat food too. The man in the house said the dead cat wasn't his but he would take care of it. If you know of anyone missing a cat like that please let them know. There was no collar.

A good day
Feb '16

This cat recently was neutered and given shots. He was brought inside but got out thru a basement window.. He probably would adjust to being inside after his hormones calm down but now he wants to be outside and has shelter and is fed :)

Debbie Debbie
Feb '16

I have a lost house cat. He is a Siamese mix ,white with tan and gray patches .He also has blue eyes. He has been missing a week Jan 3rd 2018. We really miss our 10 year old cat and hope that maybe someone may come across him. If spotted please call 908-303-9782.

Peter Giuliano Peter Giuliano
Jan '19

Peter - I hope you find your cat. Would it be possible for you post a picture and what area you live in?

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '19

Peter, if you post more information about where he lives and a photo I'll share your post to "lost pets,Warren County on FB

4catmom 4catmom
Jan '19

Peter, start a new thread with a picture

worried worried
Jan '19

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.