Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania

Anyone planning to go there between now and the end of the year? It's in Strasburg, PA

Bessie Bessie
Nov '15

Was there last month w/ wife & 6 month old. It's great. My kid couldn't really appreciate it yet but we thought it was incredible, we're not even railroad enthusiasts.

1988LJ 1988LJ
Nov '15

It's next door to my daughters farm. We go often. Neat place.

John C John C
Nov '15

The Strasburg Railroad Museum is right across the highway from the RR Museum of Pennsylvania. It is an operating railroad museum with steam locomotive powered train rides through the Amish countryside in vintage rail cars. If you go, plan to visit this one too - it is awesome. Their website is: www.strasburgrailroad.com. The web site lists lots of Christmas season activities - rides with Santa etc. Enjoy!

fusselfrei fusselfrei
Nov '15

There is also a "miniature railroad" museum nearby, I forget the name, but it was cute and my son, who was three at the time, absolutely loved the displays.

pmnsk pmnsk
Nov '15

There are two different miniature railroad displays - the museum is the National Toy Train Museum. I think this is the one you mean:

http://www.nttmuseum.org/

There is also the Choo Choo Barn which is more of a working toy train display, not really a museum.

And not a single answer to Bessie's question yet, lol

Lori...since '73 Lori...since '73
Nov '15

Including your post BBU lol.

John C John C
Nov '15

I'm not disputing that :)

Lori...since '73 Lori...since '73
Nov '15

When you go to Strasburg stay at the Red Caboose Motel .Get the whole railroad experience. http://www.redcaboosemotel.com

As tempting as it sounds to visit, doubtful we will make it there. I had asked if anyone was planning a trip there before December 31st as I have 2 free tickets for admission. I guess I was hoping someone would say "yes, we're going", and I would email them privately to give them the tickets. Thanks for all the info though, makes me want to visit someday. Soooo, if anyone is going and would like 2 admission tickets, please email me.

Bessie Bessie
Nov '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.