Thanksgiving vegetables

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Any special Thanksgiving vegetables?

We cook different vege dishes for about 8 hours starting Weds. Favorites include sweet potato steak fries with an cinnamon apricot glaze; acorn squash rings with a marmalade sauce; and butternut cups with orange-honey-pecan topping.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Nov '15

Wow!
Is there a seat at your table for me?

happiest girl
Nov '15

Just made roasted vegetables; eggplant, Brussel sprouts, butternut squash, onions, cauliflower, yellow & red peppers, olive oil, s&p .. yummmm!

This year I am making cauliflower mash, green beans with bacon and broccoli casserole. I also brined my turkey for the first time....hopefully it will be as moist as what they say.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Sherry Sherry
Nov '15

OK - maybe some will think this is boring - but I like to keep it simple. The flavor of a moist turkey is subtle and sweet - so I like to keep the integrity of the veggies:

Carrots - steamed in chicken broth with basil

Smashed red skin potatoes - skins on - salt, pepper, butter, parsley

Cucumber salad - red onion, vinegar, salt, white pepper, fresh dill, little sugar

Happy to All!!!

Love the flavor of roasted veggies - mushrooms, cauliflower and asparagus at our table, as well as the "oldies but goodies" - stranger -the acorn squash rings sound wonderful - will have to try that

pmnsk pmnsk
Nov '15

Always HG. But have to be ready to sugar shake :>)

This year we added a new roasted toss: turnip, potatoes, onions, and apples tossed with cayenne, rosemary, and garlic --- quite zippy this year. Along with our traditional New England roasted root toss with parsnip, butternut, carrots and more with traditional thyme etc. spices.

Funny my easiest maple carrot sauté is bland because I used real maple syrup. It's thinner and does not set up and stick as well. Good thing we prepped a day before and had time to simmer long before serving!

And then the mashes: acorn brown sugar cinnamon and nutmeg, and honey sweet potato mash.

Simple is good too, love that cucumber salad.

strangedanger strangedanger
Nov '15

Added roasted sweet potato wedges with cranberries finished with maple syrup this year:) It was a hit:)
Happy to say that I thought the turkey breast got over done but it absorbed the juices and broth I left it soaking in:)

Blackcat Blackcat
Nov '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.