REUNITED Black dog, Petersburg&46; "Kelly"

REUNITED Black dog, Petersburg&46;

Last seen about 12:20 today in the area of Rte 46 and Petersburg rd. Her name is Kelly and has her collar on. There a lot of people out looking for her if you see her please call one of these numbers, 908-303-4511,908-850-0067, 908-246-1725, 908-303-9801 or 908-933-8838.. Both towns animal control officers have been notified. She is shy with strangers.

From what I have learned after looking for many lost pups in the area is that you may want to stop everyone from searching....If she ran away from home it's likely she will come back.

I know it's a natural reaction that you want as many people as possible looking for her but you are probably better off scaling back. You could be pushing her further and further away.

I hope she is found soon.

Nosila Nosila
Nov '15

I don't know what they are doing, the family asked me to post on here as they were at that time out looking for her. Just wanted to get the word out in case anyone might see her. As of earlier there has been no sightings since around 12:20 :(

She is still missing please everyone at least keep your eyes open for our Kelly it is cold and this is very unlike her! All of our gates were locked and nothing out of ordinary we are still not even sure how she got out but do know we want her home asap

Please email or call me 908-246-1725 with any info

Jenn V Jenn V
Nov '15

any up-dates?

Dansker Dansker
Nov '15

Print out a bunch of flyers for the librarians to pass out today! Prayers she is found soon!

Molly
Nov '15

As of a few minutes ago there still has been no sightings of Kelly. Please keep your eyes open for her.

I shared this on my FB page. I hope Kelly is home soon.

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '15

The best thing to do is to get the word out-

Do you want me to see if I can get a trap for you to borrow?

Nosila Nosila
Nov '15

Post her on the no lost and found Facebook, Craig's list has a lost and found too.

Nature Lover Nature Lover
Nov '15

That should have read 'NJ lost and Found' FB

Nov '15

Any help would be great I am
Going to Order flyers in a little while when I am
Free from work

Jenn V Jenn V
Nov '15

I saw her again about a hour ago, I told her family where I saw her then backed off. She's shy, I called her name and she again looked like she really wanted to get in my car with me but bolted. Her family will have a better chance of her coming to them then me as a stranger. But we did see her so we know she's ok so far.

Where did you see her, cc, so we can keep a look out; I'm on Russling Road.

I don't have FB and cannot post, is there anyone else on this blog who could do that?

Nov '15

Iris I live on Russling also :) I went to help them look for her and I did see her again. It was around 11:00-11:30. I haven't heard from them but I know they didn't catch her. She ran behind Liberty House toward Hills of Independence. She has been posted on the lost and found pets of NJ as well as the one for Warren County. I'm praying she's caught soon!!

It's been posted on Facebook by a few people.

Diane Dellicker Diane Dellicker
Nov '15

Where'd you see her?
Maybe if you have a dog, see if she will come to them instead of you!

Brrrcold
Nov '15

Just saw run up the road near old time I followed her in the woods near the canal she ran but is a few houses from home. I think she trying to make her way home I was with the owners. She doesn't appear to be hurt the car just tap her

Lizzy16 Lizzy16
Nov '15

C'mon Kelly you're almost there!! Prayers to St.. Francis she gets home very soon!!

Molly
Nov '15

Time to fry some bacon in your backyard! :)

Molly
Nov '15

KELLY WAS SEEN AGAIN AT ABOUT 530 pm on 11/23 Monday She was on 46 by liberty roofing she was tapped by a pickup but got up to run she was tracked to the Morris canal but then lost My good friend saw her called her name She was skiddish looked at her but then with the traffic ran away she headed toward the old Morris Canal via Roosevelt ave

She is trying to get home only right up the road

If you see her please let us know asap she
Is skiddish and very scared she has come
Close to us but won't get to us yet

If seen please call one of the following numbers immediately

908-246-1725
908-933-8838
908-303-4511
908-850-0067

I am daughter of the owners she lives in the corner of west Baldwin and Harvey street she is so close to home

Jenn V Jenn V
Nov '15

Prayers that she is found or finds her way home safely.

Nov '15

I have been out looking early morning and late evening! Praying!!!

Molly
Nov '15

Did anyone put flyers up?

sha44ss sha44ss
Nov '15

I was out this afternoon after work looking. I didn't see any Kelly, though I did see a young lady walking a Black Lab. Unfortunately I didn't have a chance to turn around in time to ask if she'd seen the missing one:-( It's really cold out there and I hate to think that she's going to have to spend another night out in it! Hopefully she'll be found soon!

Phil D. Phil D.
Nov '15

Any more updates....getting so cold out there.

Nature lover Nature lover
Nov '15

We were out from 6:15 to 8:30 this morning, and ideas where to look jenn??

Molly
Nov '15

I went out looking for her around 11am yesterday. I went up Petersburg road and up around east Baldwin. I feel so bad she is still missing. I think you should put flyers up in the more remote areas. I saw a lot of houses in the woods. My son's friend lives on a 100 acre farm in that area. So they are keeping a look out. I do hope you find her soon.

Natari Natari
Nov '15

Kelly was spotted yesterday on a property on buck hill nothing today as of now! We are hoping she is still well. We have been in touch with all of the families on the mountain and the surrounding area have not put up flyers that will be next so far she has stayed within the area I'm pretty confident she is trying to get home just so much stimulation to scary and frighten her back into hiding my parents are away for the evening if anyone sees her please call or text me 908-246-1725 thank you there is a trap on the private property where she was last seen

Jenn V Jenn V
Nov '15

Praying this poor baby gets home

htown htown
Nov '15

I feel so bad about this. I can't imagine what you are going through. Like htown I will continue to pray for Kelly.

positive positive
Nov '15

Alsoo praying for this poor baby. Must be soooo cold, scared and hungry! Prayers for the family too, have been there and it is awful!

Dansker Dansker
Nov '15

Hope the pup is found soon ......

Nov '15

Any word? Was praying all day it being so nice she'd find her way home!

sha44ss sha44ss
Nov '15

Just saw owners FB page. Not found yet!

Christine Christine
Nov '15

I am happy to bring my pup out and walk around there to see if she comes out. Have the family call me at 908.798.7277. Maybe we can walk together and she will come to them.

DrLaf DrLaf
Nov '15

Someone who knows Buck Hill needs to go walk it.. she may have gotten stuck in brush or something!

How about someone with a bloodhound or any good tracking dog?

Afraid she will perish in the cold that is coming.

sha44ss sha44ss
Nov '15

Where is Buck Hill, exactly? Like if I were going to drive there to walk around and look, where would I drive to?

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Nov '15

Nobody has mentioned Tim Norton. Has anyone asked if he would be willing to help?

angelina angelina
Nov '15

Buck Hill is the hill where the Cross and the Star are lit up. ALL of that is Buck Hill.
she's not that far from home when she's spotted by the Liberty House Apts. just maybe a few blocks from home.

notthedog
Nov '15

Buck hill is private property we have been in contact with the families who live there they re all looking! She was spotted yesterday in a Yard on old Vienna road she got spooked by cars and darted across 46 to
Petersburg again! Our family and friends gathered and did a search but unfortunately she is very scared and is running from anyone and everyone at the moment! She is walking with a limp now and we are unsure of any other injuries we are working with animal control in independence and there is a trap now set on Petersburg we have moved it every time she moves across the highway please if you see her call 908-246-1725 908-303-4511 or 908-399-8838 we want to bring her home as soon as possible we have not set up flyers yet as everyone we come in contact is looking and we have spoken with almost everyone on the roads she has been on we have spent many hours looking and we want our baby home!!!!! We appreciate all of your help also!

Jenn V Jenn V
Nov '15

Praying for her safe return and will keep an eye out.

Hoping Hoping
Nov '15

Jenn V*** Flyers would help immensely as ***everyone on the roads in that area would be aware and looking.

Jefferson>My husbands family has lived for generations in that area and hunted Buck Hill before any developements went in .

Here is an old HL 2009 post about Buck Hill Rd.
http://www.hackettstownlife.com/forum/141353

sha44ss sha44ss
Nov '15

Look on Facebook if you have access for Buddha Dog Rescue & Recovery. They seem to have a lot of success with lost/dogs on the run. Hope this helps

Dog person Dog person
Nov '15

Buddha rescue is amazing!!

Molly
Nov '15

The poor little pup, must be so scared. Hoping the trap they set up catches her.

Bessie Bessie
Nov '15

Praying very hard that she gets home as soon as possible! I don't get out much but when i do, will certainly keep my eyes open.

Dansker Dansker
Nov '15

Wow that Buddha Rescue does sound amazing! They really care about finding the dogs and then even find homes for the ones that are strays! So Awesome! I would love to get involved with rescue....there are so many that are being abandoned.

Jenn V > they say on their website to stay away from tracking dog 'business' because they are mostly 'out there for the money'!

Read this from their site:
Stella's rescue is such an important story to tell, both the family and BDRR hope that her story can help other families know what to do and what not to do when their pet goes missing.

"Stella's rescue is just one of many rescues that illustrate how tracking dogs set back the recovery of a lost pet and put a lost pet directly in to harms way.

http://www.buddhadogrescueandrecovery.com/blogs/news/46787523-stella

Once again, posters are the number one way to generate sightings that will lead to an effective capture and reunion.""

I would definitely call them if you dont find her soon!

We are all looking for her and praying for her safe return home soon.

sha44ss sha44ss
Nov '15

Any up-dates on Kelly? My heart bleeds for her and her family!

Dansker Dansker
Nov '15

What is going on with this dog? Is anyone looking for her? Doesn't seem to be enough sightings or communication to find her. The longer she is gone without sightings the farther she can travel.....she could be 3-15 miles away. Many busy roads>>especially 517!

????

sha44ss sha44ss
Nov '15

Kelly was caught this morning. She was caught in a trap she is on her way home then a call to her vet. They were doing EVERYTHING they could to catch her. Every sighting was reported to them and they went looking. You can only do so much when a dog doesn't want to come to their own family. But she's home and that's all that matters!

Please add found to this post

Re: REUNITED Black dog, Petersburg&46;

Kelly was found and is HOME!

Sha44s we were lookin there were sighting all days but one!!! She was in the same area and when we backed off she was eventually lured into a trap and caught!!!!

She is home with our family again and we couldn't be happier

Jenn V Jenn V
Nov '15

So very happy the dog was found and headed home. Once again, great work done by the animal rescuers here. You all amaze me with your willingness to help find someone else's furbaby.

Bessie Bessie
Nov '15

ALRIGHT!!!!!

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Nov '15

Great news!

Iris we are so very happy that kelly is home . My daughter will be so happy. I never thought she would go into the woods at night by her self when she saw her on Monday . We are all so very happy that she is home

Lizzy16 Lizzy16
Nov '15

What a great job everyone did to help find "Kelly". So happy she is now back home with her family.

Ms Fishy Ms Fishy
Nov '15

So HAPPY for you !! This is GREAT news! I have been so sleepless knowing she was lost and could get really hurt crossing the roads all the time. I hate when I even see a possum or squirrel hit on the road! I have been out with my dogs looking everyday for her>>>I know your dog > my dog always wants to play with her when we pass by ...but she IS so shy!!

Where did you find her? Was she in the Petersburg area still? Not to be nosy...but our community IS a caring one and it is so good to hear GOOD NEWS for a change! A Great human interest story! ?YES>>Our furbabies ARE our Babies!

Let us know how she is doing especially since she was tapped by that truck!

We would love to see a ''happy home pic"" of her again!!

sha44ss sha44ss
Nov '15

Great news! I also went out looking for this fur baby! I think the forum community all helped in some way. I'm dancing the happy dog dance. Welcome home to Kelly. Give her a hug from me.

Natari Natari
Nov '15

So happy!!!!

positive positive
Nov '15

Yay! I am so happy she is back home! It's heartbreaking when a pet goes missing. Now let's hope she checks out okay at the vet.

What wonderful news!! She must be soooo tired and hungry, poor baby. Welcome home Kelly!!

Please let us know how she's doing once she settles down! So very happy for all of you!

Dansker Dansker
Nov '15

Great news!

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '15

So happy she is home! Please keep us,updated on her condition.

Hoping Hoping
Nov '15

I'm so glad she's home. I have been away, but checking the forum every day, and hoping! YAY!

YAY! I'm very glad she was finally able to be reunited with you!

Phil D. Phil D.
Nov '15

Best news!! So Happy for her and her family!!

Great news, hope she is ok health wise. Glad she is back home.

Nov '15

I'm happy you are reunited!

Jurese Jurese
Nov '15

Just wondering how Kelly is doing; I hope she is well and happy to be back home!

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.