Dr. Shatto retiring/Garden State Vets

I got a letter Dr Shatto retired did someone else take over

Yes, the owners of Budd Lake Animal Hospital.

How are they. And are they reasonably priced

I'm very happy with Budd Lake Animal Hospital and extremely glad they are moving closer to home! If you have your pet there for some other reason and the pet needs a vaccine, the vaccine is free.

Nikki Nikki
Sep '15

That needed to happen a LONG time ago. I was using Budd Lake Animal Hosp while I was in the area and liked them for every reason I didn't like Shatto. I would be curious to see how they make the building more aesthetically pleasing.

Firefly Firefly
Oct '15

Dr Shatto was the only vet who correctly diagnosed my dog's rotating limp... everyone else wanted to do hip surgery. He was also the only vet to correctly diagnose my cat's breathing issues and diabetes. I' sad he's retiring, but I wish him the best.

MomOfGirls MomOfGirls
Oct '15

Doc Shatto diagnosed cancer in my dogs tail and removed the cancer with 100% success. I am happy he has retired and can enjoy life, but I am sad for us since we really liked him. Best wishes Doc!

townie4 townie4
Oct '15

He saved my cats life. My cat got really sick with some urinary tract infection.

Metsman Metsman
Oct '15

I worked for Dr. Shatto for over 8 years. He was great with all my animals and never charged for anything they didn't need. I sure hope he has a long and happy retirement. He sure deserves a rest after all the years he worked so hard. "Be well Don".

Ms Fishy Ms Fishy
Oct '15

I have been going to Doc Shatto for 42 years. He was the only one who could handle ferals back in 1994, when it was not the"in" thing. Often charged me nothing for the ferals that needed care, because he knew we didn't have much but room in our hearts. He had promised me he would stick around till I left this world. And to Trish....May God bless you always and may I thank you from thoe bottom of my heart for compassion and guidance.

Dansker Dansker
Oct '15

Best of Luck to Doc and Trish on your next stage in life!
HAPPY RETIREMENT!!!!

We will miss you and thank you for the many, many years of above and beyond care for all of our pets!!!

Dr. Shatto and Trish, enjoy your retirement. Have missed you both since moving to Florida. Sable, Lacy, Charlotte and Moo had long and healthy lives because of your kind and loving care, especially Charlotte who seemed to find so many reasons to get in trouble... Enjoy Kathy Heckman

Kathy Heckman Kathy Heckman
Oct '15

I went to Dr. Shatto for many years. He always gave my dogs the best care. I hope you enjoy your retirement. You deserve the best. You are a very caring man. I want to thank you for all your years of the best care for my animals. Greta Eroh-Ramsay

Greta Greta
Oct '15

Dr. Shatto diagnosed and treated my dog for a serious heart condition. Two other vets never even realized that there was a heart problem. He gave us years with our boy who we would have lost suddenly and traumatically. Thank God for Dr. Shatto. May he and his staff receive all the blessings back that they bestowed upon others. Thank you! Happy and healthy retirement.

S. Conway S. Conway
Oct '15

Dr. Shatto diagnosed and treated my dog for a serious heart condition. Two other vets never even realized that there was a heart problem. He gave us years with our boy who we would have lost suddenly and traumatically. Thank God for Dr. Shatto. May he and his staff receive all the blessings back that they bestowed upon others. Happy and healthy retirement.

S. Conway S. Conway
Oct '15

I worked for doc shatto for 3 months in 2013 and couldn't stand it...I'm.sorry. But being I had no hands on experience for a vet assistant and only had an online degree,,I really didn't know too much. So, therefore when doc asked me to.do something and I had no.idea what to do,,he would get mad. I'm sorry but you would think they would show me stuff so I know. I couldn't stand it. And I wasn't the only employee who had to deal with it. Wish he would have retired when I was there. He treated his employees like crap. And I always wondered why nobody works there long and I have always heard how he was but never believed it...but I.had to find out the hard way.

Katie Katie
Jan '16

Online degree to work hands-on with animals ... sounds like incompetent Katie has an axe to grind .....

truth
Jan '16

That's the truth you have to be hands on when it comes to animals.

Janster Janster
Jan '16

Online degree for a hands on job with live animals? Tell me you're kidding. I think you were duped by some kind of scam. How would that even work? Pictures? My head hurts...

Lori...since '73 Lori...since '73
Jan '16

Dr. Shatto took care of my dogs for over 40 years, always with care and compassion. He was a keen diagnostician. I cannot imagine I will ever find a vet with a better, kinder "bedside manner."
His office always ran efficiently and smoothly, reflecting Doc at his best.
I had not seen Doc or Trish in several years, as I have not yet replaced my last dog. I was sorry to hear of Doc's retirement. But I wish Doc and Trish a happy and healthy retirement, with much love and many great years ahead!

Robin Fitelson Robin Fitelson
Feb '16

Many years ago my Dalmatian had bad back legs he never gave her anyt thing for it by the time I took her to Flanders vet and they gave her meds it helped but it was sooo bad it was too latel and had to put her down eventually because she couldn't walk anymore sad she had good years left otherwise

Barbara
Oct '17

Dr. Shatto and Trish Are the best I am at a loss to find someone like him who didn't do things unnecessarily just for the money he genuinely loved and cared for all my pets like they were his own I'm happy that they got to retire and I got to see them in my town and I look great this was maybe five years ago but I miss bringing my pets there and I truly have not found anyone that I really really really trust I've been going to him for over 20 years and to the one comment hands on experience is so much I have a better opportunity as much as school I was a hands-on registered dental assistant before you had to go to school for it so I was able just to take the test you can't just look into a book and read what to do do you need to know and feel what to do I'm sorry you had a hard time their doctors expect Certain standards and if you can't do the job then you shouldn't be there and I'm glad that he kept staff members there that knew what they were doing because that meant that he was taking better care of my babies my fur babies Get your hands on first experience if you'd like it go to school for it ....love Dr. shatto

Pamela Spinelli Pamela Spinelli
May '20

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.