Outdoor wood burning stove

My neighbor in Mansfield has an outdoor wood burning stove.I cannnot leave my windows open due to the smoke smell entering my house.Does anyone know who to contact about this?

Had it Had it
Aug '15

I think you have 'had it'. Try talking to the neighbor.

Maybe start with the neighbor?

This is exactaly why I bought property in PA....burn all the wood I want.....UHG

How about close the windows for the 4 hours he has a fire if you are too silly to not talk to the offending neighbor and wanna call someone to tattle instead......

Darrin Darrin
Aug '15

Why is he using a wood burning stove when it's 80 deg out?

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Aug '15

Destroying the incriminating evidence!

Just cooking his soylent green...

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Aug '15

Mark, One of my favorite movies!

He probably burns all year because its the only fuel he is using. Even for his hot water. Not a fact but could be the case.

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Aug '15

I would check on the town ordinance about this also in case the neighbor isn't nice about the issue.

Magpie Magpie
Aug '15

The neighbors around me have those wood burning pots, and they use them while gathered around the fire.

I was near one at a gathering, and it is so calming and soothing to listen and feel the heat. When I went home, I smelled like a pound of smoked bacon, and it drove the dogs nuts.

Some people just burn the wood in those to keep insects away from BBQ's and night gatherings.

Embryodad Embryodad
Aug '15

Burning wood has to be one of the worst smells!!! I would complain too, no reason you should have to close your windows just because someone isn't courteous to their neighbors.

80's fan 80's fan
Sep '15

Zoning officer- Michael Finelli

They are all over Oxford...Not sure what the issue is...is this a neighborhood environment?

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Sep '15

Is the neighbor burning fires every day and night? If so, it could become an annoyance. But - if I want to enjoy a summer evening fire to roast marshmallows or enjoy the evening, I am not being courteous? If my neighbors were enjoying a fire and the smell became too much for me, I would close my windows for a few hours. I wish that was the worse thing I had to worry about today. Calling zoning officers and reporting them. Boy - so glad I moved to the country.

Love to Sing Love to Sing
Sep '15

Is this a wood burning furnace or outdoor fireplace? Big difference. I love the smell of a good fire! Smoky furnace not so much.

honey badger honey badger
Sep '15

I would call the town , next thing you know they will cut the grass and you will have to smell cut grass, then they may grill dinner and you will have to smell bbq chicken, next thing you know the whole neighborhood went to hell in a hand basket

We have a whole house wood burning furnace across the road from us. They only use it during the cold season. There are times when the air is heavy and the wind is blowing our way that it does become unbearable but it's not always...so we deal with it.

Blackcat Blackcat
Sep '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.