Happy Birthday jjmonth4!

Happy Birthday jjmonth4!

Happy Birthday! Have a great one!

Calico696 Calico696
May '15

Happy Birthday, jjmonth4, with wishes for many more!

joyful joyful
May '15

Have a great Birthday jj!!

Happy birthday, Gemini!
Ruled by the intellectual, but mischievous planet Mercury, you are a curious and complex person. People appreciate your sense of humor and creative mind. Believe in yourself and avoid negativity. This year your personal life enters a more stable phase. Stay focused on your grand plan.

Have a great birthday!

Best wishes jjmonth4!

Chickadee Chickadee
May '15

Happy Birthday " jjmonth4" I hope your day is special also.

Old Gent Old Gent
May '15

Happy Birthday! :)

Wild Angel Wild Angel
May '15

Hippo. Birdies. Two ewes.

Hippo. Birdies. jjmonth4, even if we're in month 5 now. ;-)

Happy birthday

skippy skippy
May '15

Happy birthday, birthday buddy!

hktownie hktownie
May '15

Hope your birthday is wonderful. Enjoy!

Rebecka Rebecka
May '15

Happy Birthday! Enjoy YOUR day!

Thank you all for the birthday wishes!

Sorry for the belated reply. Went on a road trip to visit the Fiestaware Factory, since it was on LeoLady's bucket list.

jjmonth4 jjmonth4
Jun '15

Happy Belated Birthday! How was and where is the Fiestaware Factory, sounds like somewhere I need to visit. Hope you had a good time on your big day!

Bessie Bessie
Jun '15

Another belated Birthday wishes - hope it was a great day!

Thanks all.

The Fiestaware factory, like the town it was situated in, was a bit of a letdown. There were no tours offered at all last week due to the factory being closed for Memorial Day....at least that was what we were told. There was a room full of factory seconds, and experienced buyers bring a cloth, both to wipe off dust and to feel for rough spots. First quality prices are not much better, and sometimes worse, than you could get on a decent sale at a department store. Seconds are a little better.

Initially, the only reason I would've went on the tour was because my wife wanted to. After seeing the decrepit condition of the factory and the town it was situated in, I became a lot more curious. Many churches still send missions to West Virginia, and now I can see why. There should be no reason that a thin strip of a state running between PA and Ohio should be so radically different, but something is wrong there.

I think that section of WV...if not the whole state... has been cursed by god, some ancient spirit or is a test bed for the government's social experiments. Gambling parlors on almost every corner, more soft drink consumption than I have seen anywhere, a scary number of people who seem to have difficulty walking, garbage food (healthiest food is iceberg lettuce, and everything else is fried or has Blue Bonnet on-it) ...and don't even bother listening to the TV news. Among the mine-closings, mall shootings...and the fact that an abnormally high percentage of the people in southern WV are going blind for some reason, you almost want to leave the state ASAP.

Fiestaware is a bit of an acquired taste, but I am growing to like it, since it is pretty versatile and could be used for decorating, everyday kitchen use and anything formal enough that I would care to go to.

If you do go, stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Newell. It is surprisingly clean and well-run, though the free breakfast isn't that good.

jjmonth4 jjmonth4
Jun '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.