2 cops per car

Anyone else notice two cops in every patrol car in hackettstown lately? Whats up with that?

johnny johnny
May '15

It's for the seatbelt crackdown... And there was a ride along this week also

Booster90 Booster90
May '15

And I doubt it was every car

Booster90 Booster90
May '15

Can't be every car, I saw a car on Main St today near Baldwin with one officer. And then two days ago a car with one officer near Willow Grove.

GC, you are right I saw three cars today and none of them had a partner. (I wouldn't mind if there were two in a car. There are a lot of nuts out there, and with all the windows darkened on the POV's there is no way to tell what is going on inside)

Ms. Fishy Ms. Fishy
May '15

Lots of seatbelt criminals out there!

What's POV Ms Fishy? Privately Owned Vehicles? I rarely seen any with front tinted windows. Even if they were, why assume they are up to no good? If it weren't illegal I would definitely do it, I like the way it looks!

justintime justintime
May '15

A "Crackdown". Sounds like something from Nazi times.
NJ is definitely a police state. Nice high taxes to afford all of the protection and serving.

johnny johnny
May '15

justintime, I'm not assuming they are up to no good, but I see many on Main St, and the cars that have them are not family cars. They sometimes have loud mufflers and are driven a bit erratically. Also it's against NJ law to have the front windows and windshield darkened. The officers seem to turn a blind eye to them, including the limos. Am I jealous? You bet, DMV made me remove the glazing from the front windows of my P/U, and it was so light I didn't even know they were tinted. (Texas truck)

Ms. Fishy Ms. Fishy
May '15

It's not your responsibility to worry about what the cops are doing. Just be thankful that there is more than one person willing to risk their lives to keep Hackettstown safe.

"Mr. Fishy"

Window tinting laws are based on darkness levels. rear windows are allowed to be very dark. I E: limos. Front windows are allowed up to a % darkNess. I can only guess but my belief is that the number of violators is so large combined with any devices need to measure and create the empirical data for court are expensive. Again, this is only speculation.

chris Monaco chris Monaco
May '15

If window tinting s so illegal then why does 90% of cops personal cars have full window tint. And who honestly thinks our taxes should go up because we need 2 cops per car? In Hackettstown seriously when's the last time we had a gang war or anything but some kid who hasn't figured life out yet with a little Mary Jane my opinion. There just as crooked as the people there trying to catch. Less cops lower taxes and give the state of nj the rite to protect there property by any means available.

owned owned
May '15

Wow - its all of our business what our public employees are doing .

skippy skippy
May '15

"Wow - its all of our business what our public employees are doing ."

Some people prefer to be citizens... others to be subjects.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
May '15

Skippy! You are so right! Dangerous, slippery slope to think we can rest easy, while the caped crusaidors guard Gotham City!

It's crazy to think we are doing two cops per car in Hackettstown when it's the size of a Postage stamp yet they take cops away from Newark! Get real half the time I see cops hanging at the quick check yes there is crime and yes there are jerk people in this town but enough to warrant two cops per car and make my taxes go up I think NOT!

Pre owned Pre owned
May '15

Wasn't too many years ago when a picnic at the Elks Club here in town went crazy.

John C John C
May '15

it is amazing to me that one person sees two officers in a car and starts this rant.
You have no info as to what they were doing or why.
As for owned and pre-owned, not sure where they get their stats from, but really 90% have tinted windows and most hang out at quick check. I am pretty sure if you drive the lot behind the police station you will find most are not tinted. Are they entitled to coffee or lunch. Do you know what time thier shift starts or ends. Do they get a bathroom break? Have you ever driven an 8 hour shift withour stopping? As for owned's gang war, if you tell me when it will be, we can have the cops stand down till then. but we have had issues in town, fortunately not many, but they have happened with fatalities..

I see it as two officers in a car.....twice as safe. I don't see what the issue is.

Calico696 Calico696
May '15

Police cars come through College View several times a day, one police officer in a car. The radar traps on Washington, Allen, and Grand always have one policeman per car when I see them. If I see two in a car I assume training a younger officer or going to a stop where backup is required. All I see in town are hard working officers trying to keep us safe. They are courteous and respectful when interacting with the public. I have first hand knowledge of this as the police officer who handled my teenage daughter's first accident (no one hurt, minimal damage) and did so professionally and with great kindness to a distraught young driver.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.