Rotary car show this Sunday

Never been to this show, would you recommend going ?

just coach just coach
May '15

It's always worth a trip over. The admission fee helps support their community efforts and that is always nice. I will say however the Thursday night Cops and Rodders show at Wendys is great fun as well with just about the same amount of great cars each week.

Wendys is nice but the Rotary car show gets about 500 cars on a good day. Much bigger show with vendors

The M&M Memorial Day show is always a big deal. Definitely recommended.

I will be there on the show "field" (parking lot) with my car, so all the more reason to go! :)

It is a great Memorial Day weekend kickoff. Doc South spins good tunes for you to listen to as you walk around and see all the wonderfully restored pieces of automotive history. It is a great piece of Americana that should be enjoyed and a good local event.

See you there.

The Rhyme Animal The Rhyme Animal
May '15

Rotary car show? Lots of Mazdas, I assume? (-;

iPhone-imal iPhone-imal
May '15

Definitely worth the $5 entrance fee. Rotary dies a lot for this community.

teenie teenie
May '15

The Hackettstown Rotary Club has upped the ante this year. Better food vendors, live band to share the stage with Doc South's Oldies, great sound system, WRNJ broadcasting live, and hundreds of eye-popping cars, old and new. Is there a better value for $5? And it all goes to local charities. Come one, come all!

Hondo Hondo
May '15

I think we are going to check this out. I can't believe neither I or my husband has ever been to this. Looks like fun.

Calico696 Calico696
May '15

Calico it is fun. We spend quite a few hours there. Beautiful weekend weather is a plus!

teenie teenie
May '15

So how was the car show ?

just coach just coach
May '15

Another great year for the car show. Perfect weather. Was announced that about 480 entries on display. We got there in time to vote for People's Choice...then after the playing of the National Anthem, Doc South always asks the entries to rev their engines ...it is fun to experience that roar.

wonderful wonderful
May '15

The weather couldn't have been better- not too hot- always ends up being the first strong sun I get of the season, the perfect base tan for the rest of the year by sitting out and watching the people.

The organizers did change it up this year, instead of Doc South spinning the tunes all day, they had a live band for about an hour or so- which really broke it up nicely.

I think small changes like that are needed to keep the show fresh. As much as I like it, it was getting a bit routine- so good job to the organizers to try something different.

I did see a lot of different cars this year that I usually don't see there- so that was a nice change too.

As always, a great kickoff to the car show season.

The Rhyme Animal The Rhyme Animal
May '15

Re: Rotary car show this Sunday

Great show and real close to home. The Snickers bar melted. Oh well. Here's a few pictures

thehazguy thehazguy
May '15

Another picture

thehazguy thehazguy
May '15

Another

thehazguy thehazguy
May '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.