Cheap auto insurance

Pleas help looking for cheap auto insurance. Have looked at many sites all different quotes. Thought maybe asking here. Just looking for basic nj auto insurance with no bells and whistles.

Bobby b Bobby b
May '15

Hey Bobby...I am an insurance agent and may be able to help you out. If you want to give me a call at 973-360-9700 and ask for John, I can try to help.

johnins johnins
May '15

esurance.com - many people love them (including me).

Rebecka Rebecka
May '15

I'm interested in hearing as well. I have Allstate currently but since buying a new vehicle and the highest theft vehicle my insurance went up another $600 a year. I looked at Geico and Liberty Mutual and Esurance, all higher then what I have. Its time consuming as the quotes you get online are NOt always correct.

Jonda Jonda
May '15

There's no such thing as cheap. Sure, some places are less than others, but it doesn't make them cheap at all. There are a number of factors of age and driving record that will make one company better than another. You also have to be careful and check up on what the payout rate is for the companies you are looking at. Sometimes its cheap because they don't pay out.

And always be sure you give all companies the exact same amount of coverage. (limits, deductibles, PIP, health coverage, threshold, etc.) Otherwise you're comparing apples to oranges. But in general, there is no silver bullet. There is no special company that gives you some kind of great coverage and doesn't cost anything. Just get reputable quotes and choose the best for you. Check with a couple of the big direct companies, and try a couple of the small agencies that represent multiple companies.

Also be aware they usually quote for 6 months, not a year. What looks good, is not always the case. Sounds like you just want liability, so it shouldn't be real expensive.

Ms. Fishy Ms. Fishy
May '15

Don't get a quote online and assume everything is what it seems. CALL the different companies and talk to a person. Then you will know exactly what you are getting.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
May '15

For anyone that's a present or former member of the Armed Forces you can get info from www.usaa.com. They and New Jersey Manufacturers are listed as tops in NJ though not necessarily the cheapest), however they aren't generally listed with the other insurance agencies, since they cater to a limited clientele.

Phil D. Phil D.
May '15

cut my car insurance and umbrella in half when I switched to Geico. Yes it's a 6 month policy but the rate has not increased in 2 years.

5catmom 5catmom
May '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.