E-cigs vs Vaping

Wondering what the difference is and which is better to try to quit smoking? E-cigs -which are the best ones. Vaping seems a lot more invovled. Just want a disposable cigarette to quit smoking. Thanks for any info.

I am hearing that neither may be good...healthwise.. If you are trying to quit smoking, it is best to see you Dr. They can recommend 2 types of quitting aids to give you better success. Such as a patch and RX to give you the max help to succeed.

aaeadena aaeadena
Apr '15

I picked up a $40 ecig and a month later, no smoking!

Vaping can be used to quit smoking, if you actively try and quit using it. You can start at a high level of nicotine, 18-24 mg, and work your way down to 0mg, and kick the habit for good. Don't buy some rebuildAble coil set up. Get yourself a small box like an eleaf istick 20w, and a good tank to hold juice like the aspire nautilus. I bought this set up at mama vapes.

You just have to charge it and switch out the screw in coils (very easy, you can do it by hand with no issue) and keep it filled.

Work your way down, and it'll work. I switched to vaping, and am down from 24mg to 8-12mg now. I'm working my way down to 0 and I want to be done with it for good. I don't think the plan should be to switch and do it forever.

PenningsLandscaping PenningsLandscaping
Apr '15

E-cigs are generally made in china and can have chemicals just as dangerous as regular cigs, if not more.

With vaping, you know what you are getting. You can buy food grade juice, and know the ingrediants that are in it.

I started with e-cigs then switched to vaping for this reason, along with the fact that there is such a huge flavovr selection for vaping. Also much cheaper.

Check out the vaping thread

Darrin Darrin
Apr '15

Try "Vuse" you can get them at 7 ..11 or quick check

wondering wondering
Apr '15

Not sure what you mean since they are both the same. You vape an ecig regardless of the type.

There are disposables, ones that can be recharged, autoswitch or button, small battery or big, cartomizers, tanks, etc etc etc.

I started on Logic Menthol disposables. Excellent product, looks, feels, tastes like a cancer stick but so much better. They're just too expensive over time imo.
I switched to an ELeaf iStick 30W with an Aspire Nautilus Mini (bottom coil) and I love it too. Pick out your favorite flavor and fill the tank. I'm not a huge fan of hitting the button when you want a drag, but I'll never smoke a real cancer stick ever again!

I also don't believe the "I'm hearing that neither may be good" nonsense. Show me concrete evidence that isn't politically motivated and we'll talk. All I know is that I've never felt better!

Good luck

asmm
Apr '15

@asmm "Not sure what you mean since they are both the same. You vape an ecig regardless of the type."

Not true, e-cigs are bought at stores and look like a plastic cigarette. Vaping uses a refillable tank to hold the "e-juice" the battery and the tank are seperate devices and there are many many different options available.

Darrin Darrin
Apr '15

When I first switched, I was doing the whole "tobacco flavor" thing, but you quickly realize you don't miss the flavor of tobacco, because it tastes horrible.

For anyone that wants you use ecigs/vaping to quit, do yourself a favor, get some high nicotine juice that tastes good (24mg) and just suffer through the withdrawal for a few days. It's not that bad, and once you're through it, you'll be a lot happier. Vaping is still a habit, but it's nice to be free from the chains of tobacco use. It doesn't control your life like tobacco does.

You have a withdrawal from all the chemicals in cigarettes that vapor doesn't have, and you have a withdrawal because you don't absorb nicotine at the lightning fast rate with vaping that you do with cigarettes. That decreased dependence makes life considerably better.

PenningsLandscaping PenningsLandscaping
Apr '15

Went and purchased a Kanger starter kit back in August at the Vape store....NEVER smoked a ciggy again....and thanks to Darrin , who really had so much advise.....it was easy.....still vaping, down to 0 percent nicotine in the juice.....It was much easier than I thought it would be.....the e-cigs were horrible.....the vaping juice was much more enjoyable... flavors are great....and not expensive like smokes.....we saved tons of money..and are going on vacation this year !.....

bowie bowie
Apr '15

Wait i also thought what comes out of an ecig is vapor?

Ska39
Apr '15

technically yes Ska39, but they have two different names as they are two completely different methods.

:-) glad it worked for you bowie

Darrin Darrin
Apr '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.