"Wash and Fold" recommendations

Looking for a good laundry mat in Hackettstown with wash and fold services that isn't too expensive.

HackettstownResident HackettstownResident
Apr '15

The Laundry Basket on Stiger Street is wonderful. Speak with Mary, the owner. Not only are they reasonable, but they take extremely good care of your clothes - separating, line drying, and folding like they were their own things.

You will not find a more conscientious proprietor!

2nd the laundry basket. Top notch. Next day service for a little more then a buck a pound.

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Apr '15

I've used the Laundry Basket for years. Mary is amazing. I highly recommend them.

DrLAF DrLAF
Apr '15

I agree with both recs above! Mary does a great job and her employees are the best!

Christine Christine
Apr '15

Am I the only one who thinks it's creepy for a stranger to be folding your undies? LOL

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '15

Calico, I don't think any of the men would care who is folding them as long as it isn't them lol!

So true JRT!

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '15

why fold undies? just pile them into the drawer,

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Apr '15

I think I would rather have a stranger fold my undies.

CraftBeerBob CraftBeerBob
Apr '15

Fold undies? I do my own and still don't fold undies, piled in the drawer ready to go.

Hmmm, I always fold undies. There's that OCD again. ;-)

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '15

must be a guy thing, just pull a pair of boxers out of the drawer after a shower,

works for me . . . . .

just grab and go . . . .

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Apr '15

I fold undies too. Mine and DH.

Tracy (mobile) Tracy (mobile)
Apr '15

I fold undies too!

I have used the wash and fold once as it was a gift when both hubby and I were ill. I made them keep my unmentionables at home! Was too embarrassed. LMAO!

Christine Christine
Apr '15

It makes some semblance of sense to fold a pair of men's boxers. A woman's thong? Not so much...

It's right up there with the fitted sheet when it comes to laundry headscratchers, lol.

ianimal ianimal
Apr '15

I can't fold a fitted sheet to save my life. I'm a very good folder of all other things, but that fitted sheet makes me crazy. Therefore, I have my husband handle it. He's excellent at it. However, he folds other items weird IMO, so I try to have him stick to the fitted sheet only.

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '15

I try... but eventually it just winds up getting rolled in a ball and thrown in the linen closet, lol.

ianimal ianimal
Apr '15

That's exactly what happens when I end up doing it. LMAO

I've even had him show me a few times exactly what he does, but I still can't get the hang of it.

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '15

I have no other options with washing then me ,but I do fold everything.

Old Gent Old Gent
Apr '15

ok, ok, so with socks,

do you fold them together or ball them up with each other in pairs?

i used to fold them, but when i met my wife she put two together and balled them up together, threw them in the drawer, easy peasy, nothing to it. grab and go and you know you have a matched pair.

now i do it that way, be lost without it,

i have a pile of one of a kind socks with no mates in the corner of another drawer, i keep hoping that the missing mates will one day find their way back home.

does the missing sock ever show back up?

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Apr '15

I also ball my socks, and I very rarely lose a sock. I always make sure that two of each sock actually go in the washer and that everything in the washer goes in the dryer. Once in a great while I will find one of a pair I thought missing in shirt sleeve or pants leg. There is a hack online for using a plastic safety pin to attach the socks together before washing but it seems like a time waster to me LOL.

I never ball socks, it stretches them out. I just fold them together, no issues.

Calico696 Calico696
Apr '15

This was how I was taught to fold a fitted sheet. Do it since I was twelve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP66IMO_fJ0

This is how I do our socks. No stretching this way...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6_7W8GzunI

Christine Christine
Apr '15

Wow, I definitely learned something with that sheet video!!

Maybe it's just me, but that sock video seemed to be a little bit time consuming. I guess your speed would increase after a while. It just seemed like there were a couple of steps too many lol

I am not as neat as that guy with the socks. But after doing socks for 28 yrs and 4 kids you become good at it. The sheet video came up on my FB page one day and I said I already do it that way. The key is to fold both sides in. Comes out the same size as the flat sheet. My job when I was young was to do all the sheets on a Saturday. There were seven beds so I got good at it. Mom taught me and she was the oldest of 13 and it was her job as a child also. Oh the memories.

Christine Christine
Apr '15

Yes, I guess after all of those socks you would be an expert Christine lol! Since it's only me in my house sock folding is not a big chore. I still don't want to put a lot of effort into it though :)

The sock video was somewhat tedious and repetitious to me. I've always done it similarly when I roll them up, but I usually do them in a half fold before rolling one inside out over the other, rather than in thirds, since it seemed as though it stretched the top of the outer one less.

The sheet video was better, but I've never had any issues folding fitted sheets anyway. The method I used still works for me.

Yes, even as a male I fold all shirts, pants, socks sheets, towels and underwear (anything that doesn't get hung on a hanger).

Phil D. Phil D.
Apr '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.