Power Outages 3/5

The Quick Chek on the corner of 517 and Bilby Rd is without power this morning and both stop lights at 517 and Bilby Rd and 517 and Panther Valley are out. Does anybody know if Panther Valley has power?

Like I said a few min ago on another thread (btw thanks for starting this thread!) I could see a flash, 2 actually, then heard a pop like a transformer blew. Lost power here on Sharp st. For about a minute but then it came back on. Hopefully everyone gets their power back soon.

sunshinenj sunshinenj
Mar '15

I'm near hospital. At 6:10 there was a flash of bright orange then blue light outside. My power went out for 2 minutes. Go to the jcp&l outage map to see if your area has outages.

hopeful hopeful
Mar '15

I saw the transformer blow around 6:10 by Bea Mcnalleys. Sky lit up. Sparks and large sound. Called JCP&L and reported it.

Im in Independence and power went out for abiut 30 seconds,

kayaking kayaking
Mar '15

Heard the boom this morning. Thought it was a truck lowering its plow. Then the lights went out. Good times.

emaxxman emaxxman
Mar '15

We have power at the back of the valley

Hack in town Hack in town
Mar '15

I think it was the wake up call to close H-town schools. I laughed, timing couldn't have been better. I could picture the kids saying NO Way watch this. Poof!! Lights out.

auntiel auntiel
Mar '15

Power is on in PV. Our juice is routed from Netcong area, not Hackettstowm

seenit
Mar '15

PV - went off - don't know when - I was sleeping - but it woke me up when it came back on - think it was brief -

5catmom 5catmom
Mar '15

I saw a burst of light and loud noise from one of the boxes on main st about 6:10 or so in the morning. Lights went right out. Hopefully it's back on soon

PenningsLandscaping PenningsLandscaping
Mar '15

Yup, it woke me up on stiger street, i thought it was right on my road, we were only out for 5 minutes tops

Darrin Darrin
Mar '15

Thanks everybody for the info about Panther Valley, I'm going to try to make it to work since the power is on.

Does anyone know when the plows are going to come out?

Hot mama
Mar '15

if you mean PV the plows are and have been out...........they are doing driveways too

5catmom 5catmom
Mar '15

I was making coffee this am around 6:10 and all the sudden the lights went out. I was surprised, went outside and the houses near me were out as well, but then cam back one in about a minutes. West Valley View Street.

Karen Karen
Mar '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.