Christie, part deux

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/03/illinois_governor_christie_helped_elect_declares_n.html#incart_most-read_politics_article

5catmom 5catmom
Mar '15

He should stir it up a little bit and get involved with this case in Mount Olive, where the family of a firefighter who died in the line of duty is not getting any benefits.

If we can't take care of our fire fighters, veterans, ...

what kind of a country are we?

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Mar '15

How about all the flood-insured homeowners with Sandy destroyed homes who were illegally refused claims? If Chris was in the state more maybe he would have noticed this outrage before 60-minutes did.

http://www.ibtimes.com/hurricane-sandy-fraud-allegations-new-york-new-jersey-us-senators-call-fema-oversight-1833040

NJ's AG has not even launched a probe yet; still sitting on their keysters.

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/03/lawyer_for_sandy_victims_says_settlement_needs_to.html

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Mar '15

Andy Loigu - Maybe the Waldorf Astoria could be approached for financial help. Why them you ask? Every time our Governor argues with NY's Governor or our Governor appears on SNL the Waldorf gets NJ's money to reserve off a whole floor. Not just a room or two, but a whole floor. If the Waldorf would donate just 10% of their profits that family would have their benefits. That's how sick this has become.

lets pull his passport so he can't come back to Jersey

5catmom 5catmom
Mar '15

Chris Christie Gets Corvette For NJ Radio News Director Who Interviews Him

http://www.ibtimes.com/chris-christie-gets-corvette-nj-radio-news-director-who-interviews-him-1856420

LeRoy Grimace LeRoy Grimace
Mar '15

Frank Priore from Parsippany went to jail for essentially the same circumstances. In his case it was "convincing" a hotel to give away rooms to friends instead of "brokering" a car loan. Now all we need is a hot shot district attorney to go after all the corruption and ..... Uh oh.

"Now all we need is a hot shot district attorney to go after all the corruption"

Yes, *all*! That would be great, but what would be left of our government? ;-)

justintime justintime
Mar '15

Christie's "Ask the Governor" sessions on NJ101.5 have always been about his political agenda in NJ, and he uses the pre-screened questions to denigrate his political opponents. This is even more obvious as he morphs from governor into presidential candidate. 101.5 continues to violate the FCC Equal Time rule by not offering a similar forum to those holding opposite views.

JerryG JerryG
Mar '15

I know they invited Sweeny.

Old Gent Old Gent
Mar '15

Christie has, by his own admission, done over 130 of these sessions. I believe Sweeney has been on less than a half dozen times. I would sincerely doubt that the station offered equal time as required by the FCC.

A balanced and unbiased news department would not require callers to submit questions in advance so that Christie's staff could decide which questions he will answer.

JerryG JerryG
Mar '15

Please let me know when you find an "A balanced and unbiased news department"

Old Gent Old Gent
Mar '15

Reading a story about the GOP Presidential race today in one of our esteemed newspapers, Christie was referred to as ...

former New Jersey Governor Chris Christie.

It was a wire-service story. Still, an alert editor would have picked up on the error and changed it.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Mar '15

The Ask the Governor segment is done weekly from what I recall and all past Governors have done the show. I am not a Christie fan but should they have a weekly Ask the Senate President segment?

kb2755 kb2755
Mar '15

"101.5 continues to violate the FCC Equal Time rule by not offering a similar forum to those holding opposite views."

The equal time rule doesn't require the station to "offer" the forum (in an active sense), but they must provide it if "requested" by the opposing party. If nobody asks for time, there's no violation.

Not sure it would even apply in a Christie vs. Sweeney situation, since they are not candidates running for the same office. The equal time rule is in place to eliminate bias during elections.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Mar '15

GC

Frank Priore was convicted of "embezzling" $5100 from the Twp. due to improper payouts from the Dental Benefits Account, which he contested and believed were entitled to be paid. There was controversy over possible prosecutorial misconduct or a claim of an asst prosecutor that they would have "witnesses" come in to "get him". All the other claims of people against him were essentially due to his aide Donald Mueller trying to "peddle influence" around, claiming that he would get people access to the Mayor or benefits that they didn't deserve. None of those people actually got any of the benefits of the Mayor's office that Mueller promised, so it always seemed more like HE was the only one doing this to try to get payoffs for himself, which is why he could never deliver on his promises to them. I followed the case pretty closely at the time and that was always the impression I was left with. There was never any evidence, other than the "improper" payout of benefits that he was shown to have done, which he had believed WAS properly handled. Many, including my parents still consider him the best mayor Parsippany has had since they moved there in 1980. He was always directly involved in the community and made sure the streets were all plowed and everything was running smoothly.

Phil D. Phil D.
Mar '15

Andy, perhaps that "misstatement" was made because his behavior and travel suggests "former."

pmnsk pmnsk
Mar '15

The President of the United States has been doing a weekly Saturday morning radio address, and going back at least to the beginning of the George W. Bush presidency, the opposing party has followed his address with a statement delivered by a member of that party. Generally, the opposition response is offered by a different member of Congress each week.

This Equal Time presentation has been given throughout both presidents' second terms even when they have not been running for re-election. Current active campaigning on the part of one person is not a requirement for the Equal Time Doctrine to be applied; as long as the speaker is receiving free airtime to expound his/her political agenda the station (radio or TV) must offer an equal opportunity to the opposing party.

One can hardly deny the fact that Christie's broadcasts with their submitted-in-advance pre-approved questions are intended to advance his political aspirations.

JerryG JerryG
Mar '15

"Current active campaigning on the part of one person is not a requirement for the Equal Time Doctrine to be applied."

Actually the law is very specific that it applies to *legally qualified candidates for public office*.

http://transition.fcc.gov/mb/policy/political/candrule.htm

Here's another document with more layman summary (beginning on Page 7):

http://www.dwt.com/files/Uploads/Documents/Advisories/12-07_PoliticalBroadcasting%28Guide%29.pdf

"One can hardly deny the fact that Christie's broadcasts with their submitted-in-advance pre-approved questions are intended to advance his political aspirations."

That may be so, and as soon as he is a legally qualified candidate for another elected office the rule would apply to any of his appearances on broadcast media, even if the appearance is not campaign related (i.e. just joking around, guest host, voice over, etc.). Whatever time his voice/likeness is on the station must be equally allocated to an opponent (although the opponent must exercise that right within 7 days).

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Mar '15

Mark,

I stand corrected.

So....does that apply when he declares himself to be a candidate for the Republican nomination, or would it only kick in if he gets his party's nomination?

So you're saying that since the President isn't a candidate for re-election there is no FCC requirement that there be a Democratic response every time he appears on his weekly radio broadcast or following the State of the Union address?

JerryG JerryG
Mar '15

"So....does that apply when he declares himself to be a candidate for the Republican nomination, or would it only kick in if he gets his party's nomination?"

From my understanding, "opponents" during the primaries would be others seeking the same party nomination (i.e. other Republicans). Only after the party has selected it's candidate would the opponents be all of the other individuals seeking the same office (i.e. Democrats, write-in candidates, etc).

"So you're saying that since the President isn't a candidate for re-election there is no FCC requirement that there be a Democratic response every time he appears on his weekly radio broadcast or following the State of the Union address?"

Not from what I can gather, but that doesn't preclude broadcasters from offering the opportunity to respond as a matter of ethics.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Mar '15

Mark,

Thanks for the insight.

JerryG JerryG
Mar '15

The frightening thing is what the republican party is working towards, the destruction of the middle class and the creation of a bifurcated society of haves and have not's, in a world where the elites will direct the accumulation of wealth unto themselves and make the have-not's their virtual slaves.
What Chris Christie and Scott Walker are doing is the bidding of the GOP paymasters who direct them. The next target, if the GOP wins the White House, will be to take down Social Security, Medicare and every last shred of the social safety net. Then the impoverished working people will simply have to curry favor with the elites in order to survive.

For the idiots who think that by watching Fox News and spouting the nonsense that they will be included in the club, they will be used up and discarded. The low wage, low information GOP voters will never be part of the club. The betrayal that is coming to these useful idiots will be of historic proportions.

Whatever you do, if you work for a living, do not vote republican. Vote your economic self interest and against the GOP plutocrats.

vous
Apr '15

Says the democrat. You should work for MSNBC Vous. I can see through your talking points. I'm an Independent by the way.

Weather Buff
Apr '15

Just happy to help. May you have a blessed day

vous
Apr '15

vous, in all honesty do you really believe that the Democrats are any different?

Do you recall the rheotoric of the first Obama election? If you do and look at what's transpired since then you'll see that there's no difference between the two major partys, except for the puppet strings that they pull.

At the end of the day they work to the same goals. History has proven this time and time again.

Forget party affiliation. All it's useful for is the type of division that's upsetting you.

justintime justintime
Apr '15

george washington never wanted a two party system, he thought it would be bad for democracy and our form of government

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Apr '15

C.C. wants to raise the age to 69 before collecting social security.Now we will see all the hypocrites come out and show their true colors. Because the same people who say public pensions should be eliminated because "we can't afford them" will scream bloody murder when someone tries to cut their s.s. benefits! They"ll shout "I've paid every check of my life...not my fault the Fed govt didn't find the system as they should have"! I guess it's different for public workers pensions!?!

vous
Apr '15

If you're using Christie's actions as a criticism of Republican policy, you have a pretty poor target. There's a reason he's called a RINO.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Apr '15

Social Security comes from the federal government (not state government), plus most public pension takers also take Social Security. Last time I looked vous NJ doesn't have its own currency...

Police & fire fighter's are ineligible to collect social security benefits, therefore providing a savings to municipalities by removing that obligation to make Social Security contributions.

vous
Apr '15

Boy you are twisted vous. This is chump change for a profession that can work fro 20 years and then realistically collect a pension for 40 years plus medical. Wake up from your dream...

You conveniently left out that Christie also proposes to eliminate people making over 200k from collecting ss, vous.

If people are living longer and longer, the age has to go up over time. The system already pays out way more than it takes in/earns. Something needs to be done.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Apr '15

How would Christie know the average American needs? He lives in Mendham , has all the money he could need! I would like to see how long it would take him to rebuild Mendham, if it was to be hit with a storm like Sandy?Just another blow hard,looking out for the rich !

Because the other politicians are poor or something LoBo?

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Apr '15

Hey, why keep talking about Christie. He's yesterday's news, lame duck, another NJ political joke. Probably won't even enter the race he's been spending all his time on for all these many years we have been paying him to do so.

The only big news will be his failures like when someone close to him gets indicted for bridgegate and we wonder how he could waste millions of our tax dollars to create his clean bill of health report. Or when we see what we got for his Exxon clean "deal" and how much more tax dollars we will have to spend to finish the clean up. Or how far our NJ economy is lagging behind the rest of the nation.

Apr '15

The actual cost of the cleanup won't be decided for years Mr. G. There is no cap in Exxon's costs, according to this.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/determining-jersey-exxon-cleanup-costs-years-30201359

So really it remains TBD. 225 was just a number.

MeisterNJ MeisterNJ
Apr '15

Not quite true Meister. There is no cap in the "remediation" costs which were determined by NJ Law over a decade ago. The suit though was not about remediation.

The suit was about restoration and here Christie settled for far less than asked for so he could pocket most of the bad-deal restoration dollars he sold out for into the NJ General Fund to shore up his bad budgeting. He did this because he had to act fast before General Fund robbery act he pushed through earlier was overturned and diversions not allowed. With Christie's Slick Willy deal, only $50M of the lousy $225M deal will be used for restoration. $175M will probably be diverted to the General Fund. The asking price was $8.9B with $2.5B (not million) going for restoration and $6.4B for compensation for decades of destruction.

Meanwhile from NJ.com, on the decades-old foot-dragging restoration at these working sites: "The company claims it has spent about $260 million on remediating the two sites since 1991. The DEP estimates, however, that the company has spent $230 million. Although the administrative consent order was signed 24 years ago, the company is still in the investigative phase of the clean-up process, though some interim work has been done."

So sure, the foot dragging investigatory 24-year process with no cap and ongoing industrial polluting operations continues and continues to pollute the Raritan. But there will be little restoration ever thanks to Christie, the master broker, and there will be zero compensation to NJ citizens for the decades of abuse NJ has suffered while Exxon became a huge profitable corporate mega-giant.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2015/03/how_clean_is_a_cleanup_exxon_sites_scrutinized_as.html

Apr '15

Re: Christie, part deux

But he is so very entertaining.

A good day
Jun '15

Hey, he got a hit. Better then some people I see in our softball games ;)

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Jun '15

He only got a hit because the outfielders were blocked by groundskeepers doing emergency maintenance work.

He is looking pretty good, anyone know the weight loss?

Jun '15

Instead of running for President, he may have to walk...

yankeefan yankeefan
Jun '15

Is he still on the state payroll? Please say no.

A good day
Jun '15

Justintime- There is your tax/pension thief !!! Go get him before he gets into the big white house.... oooppssie wrong thread. :)

Hot corner Hot corner
Jun '15

President Christie? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo!

(btw post your comment about tax/pensions in the other thread 'cause you know I have a comment about it lol!)

justintime justintime
Jun '15

The male version of Sarah Palin. He will never be elected POTUS so what is he working for ? Maybe a CNN or FOX job after he leaves office?

A good day
Jun '15

nah - wants to be a professional baseball player --- lololol

5catmom 5catmom
Jun '15

No he's already got the gig of leading Jerry Jones entourage! Lol

Hot corner Hot corner
Jun '15

I thought he had lap band surgery?

pampurr pampurr
Jun '15

Did someone toss mistergoogle a softball by saying tax which we all know means ACA :>) Well you know by Christie ducking the exchanges NJ suffered even higher insurance rates that states that custom-tailored their own state exchanges for their citizens.

OK, that has been my mantra for awhile but it appears that may not be totally correct.
Forbes reports that state run exchange and federal exchange prices are comparable. That's an assessment using one point of data from the AAF, a conservative think tank, in Forbes. Shame on Forbes but my mantra is intact. http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2013/11/12/do-premiums-differ-in-states-with-a-state-based-exchange-versus-federal-exchange-under-obamacare/

However the prevailing trend is that state exchanges are more competitive. http://www.governing.com/topics/health-human-services/gov-health-exchange-lowest-premiums.html

There are still issues given that some state exchanges will probably go federal due to overspending and mismanagement. Yet taking the state versus fed out of it, the bottom line is lower prices for all exchanges seems to be, go figure, competition. And where state exchanges did better than the fed was when they increased competition by including more offers or by selecting an clearinghouse purchasing model. These two things could be done by either a state exchange or federal exchange and smart states are doing it already. NJ is not.

This is where Christie failed and failed miserably. First, in 2014 NJ had only three carriers competing; this year we bumped it to 5. NY has 16 carriers competing. Don't take a rocket scientist to realize more competitors means better chance of lower prices. Second, state exchanges that selected a clearinghouse process have lower prices than any other process, state or federal. Here's the skinny on that: http://www.governing.com/topics/health-human-services/gov-health-exchange-lowest-premiums.html

This was Christie's job to know this, to figure out what he didn't know, and to guide NJ to the most competitive insurance prices he could muster. He balked (keeping the baseball theme alive) instead saying the federal government didn't give him estimates he could believe in. His job was to make his own estimates and lead us to victory. He didn't even try.

Here's a good summary of the NJ experience so far: http://www.healthinsurance.org/new_jersey-state-health-insurance-exchange/

It's great news on the progress for getting people covered (yes Virginia most were "thieves"), not so great on getting them the best deal (especially when you see HUGE price drops in NY with it's state exchange). Thank Chris for making us do what he does best: belly up to the bar for higher prices once again so he could avoid work, take less risk, and blame the ACA for everything.

Well coming back to the sports theme, Chris can always work for the Jerry's Cowboys since his next job won't be in politics.

Jun '15

We can only hope

fitter fitter
Jun '15

New Jersey, You Should've Built That Tunnel

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-06-12/new-jersey-you-should-ve-built-that-tunnel

Jun '15

Thanks for the link, Leroy, great article! I am so looking forward to him announcing his candidacy. Running (well, walking) on his dismal record should be the most entertaining part of the election cycle.

yankeefan yankeefan
Jun '15

I've seen recent newspaper stories that Christie's travels, indeed, are costing NJ taxpayers thousands of dollars.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jun '15

And that's what worries you Andy?
The most recent trips cost $124,000 you are correct sir. Mostly for security, a Christie support non-profit paid the rest.

Since taking office, Christie's out-of-state travel security bill has cleared $1M, slightly above thousands of dollars.

Bridgegate has cost taxpayers over $7.5M as of mid 2014.

But on a good note, Christie only spent $100,000 of our tax dollars entertaining his guests at football games, local and out-of-state and had the GOP pick up that bill since 2012 because of it's impropriety nature. Good think to know it only takes two years to buy a clue.

I am sure we could close this with "but wait there's more.. :>(

Jun '15

I did vote for the guy, but I'm leaning Rand Paul in next year's primary.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Jun '15

So I tumbled into George Stephanopoulos this morning and who turns up but Chris Christie for a one-on-one. I will just let that mass float on the bowl for a second....

I mean if Chris was the stand-up, straight-speaking, right-ous guy that he is, why would he come on George's show? Could it be:

a. he's stupid
b. his staff forgot to inform him
c. he's a sin fighter so he wanted to go into the devil's den
d. he's shrewd enough to recognize a rigged game when he see's one.

I go with D and, in keeping with Andy's love, will say Chris recognized that today a conversation with George was going to be a series of the sweetest softballs with nary a clarifying question much less a push back.

A love fest it was. Even when Chris was throwing spin-whoppers straight to his face, George did not flinch. When he discussed Chris' out-n-out flip-flop on immigration and Chris said, "well, I change with the times," George quickly moved on never pressing Christie's famous "I am not a flip-flopper" quote. It was a love fest of top order and Chris looked marvelous. Well played Madam, well played.

So here's a sample of the finesse or Clintonesque-like spin: "You know, I have a -- a Democratic legislature that I have to work with, and it's not always the easiest thing to do in the world. And we've got a budget to finish by June 30th. We just won a major court decision supporting the pension reforms that we put into place in 2011."

OK, stop the boat. The court decision supported Christie stealing pension payments he himself promised to make to stay a destructive fiscal collapse at the very end of the fiscal year. This fiscal catastrophe was due to Christie's miscalculation of incoming revenues in his budget (which he has done for two years running) and not recognizing it until the last quarter of the fiscal year forcing the radical yet easy action he knew he would make (just like last year).

It has nothing to do with Pension reforms of 2011. Matter of fact it flies in the face of Christie's much heralded 2015 pension payment for which he lobbied for and garnered much media attention which he then grabbed back before the year ended. Given this is the second year he did a grab back, I call that a whopper.

Perhaps minor, but just one of the many stories he is spinning as he steps into the national arena. And remember, the longer he waits to announce, the more we pay to fund his national ambitions.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/10/nyregion/christie-wont-be-forced-to-make-pension-payments.html?_r=0

But I will say, stories and spins aside, he looked and sounded marvelous.

Jun '15

People who once supported Christie are bashing him now, after he endorsed Trump.

For example: “Chris Christie is now ruined,” the Washington Post’s [conservative columnist] Jennifer Rubin wrote in an op-ed. “If it had not been obvious to him before this weekend, his political career is essentially over.”

Here's a full article: https://www.yahoo.com/politics/union-leader-chris-christie-boy-were-we-wrong-154257801.html

He's lost all credibility. (Full disclosure: I voted for him last time.)

I hope he "tries" being a teacher, a police officer, a fireman or even a toll booth attendant ( as if he would fit! Lol). I'm sure he would get a warm reception if he did.

Hot corner Hot corner
Mar '16

Kind of blew that straoght shooter thing.

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Mar '16

Hey, I'm really enjoying the anti-establishment push back. The squirming is long overdue! I just hope that when all this BS is finally over that some of the smart "I love everything government" folks look at the mirror and really think about what all of the anxiety is about.

I doubt it though. You'll just move on, calling everyone else crazy for having a differing viewpoint.

justintime justintime
Mar '16

6 nj newspapers call on Christie to resign:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/03/01/seven-nj-newspapers-call-christie-resign/81168876/

OnTheEdge OnTheEdge
Mar '16

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2016/02/29/chris-christie-is-now-ruined/

4catmom 4catmom
Mar '16

The Morristown Daily Record, right in his backyard!! Hmmmm

pampurr pampurr
Mar '16

Christie... resign... it is too laugh.

Christie will resign IF he becomes Trump's VP and Trump wins. Until then, he ain't going nowhere. You think arrogant Christie is going to allow newspapers to bully him? He fancies himself Tony Soprano, he ain't goin' nowhere unless it's UP.

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Mar '16

Is Trump dumb enough to pick Christie as his running mate? I doubt it. A Trump/Christie ticket wouldn't even win NJ and if not, then what's the point? He'd be a lot better off picking someone like Kasich who could help him win the all-important purple state of Ohio.

Trump is playing Christie for the fool that he is... Sergeant Schultz to his Colonel Klink. It was kind of disturbing watching him stand behind Trump during Trump's victory speech last night. I can't imagine that standing in that spot can be comfortable for anyone, (with the harsh lights shining on you and knowing the cameras are pointed right at you while you stand there like a dolt trying not to accidentally pick your nose or something, lol) but he is exceedingly bad at it.

ianimal ianimal
Mar '16

IDK, Trump was dumb enough to get Palin's endorsement AND make a big deal out of it... Cruz wins Alaska LOL.

Kasich is definitely hoping to win OH to become SOMEBODY'S VP... most likely Trumps. Altho IDK that would help... Kasich has nothing to offer other than Ohio, and frankly I don't think Trump NEEDS any help to win this nomination.

Mar '16

That was Christie standing next to Trump.? I thought it was a security guard from the mafia, the way his eyes rolled around the room.

Old Gent Old Gent
Mar '16

It's hard to say who the Don would pick for a second and that he even thinks it matters. Traditionally a NY/NJ ticket would be a failure. These are not traditional times though.

Ohio would be a great reason to do it. It is a bell weather state in the election. I don't think Kasich would take the job.

strangerdanger strangerdanger
Mar '16

Trump will pick Kasich as his VP. it will give him some legitimacy in DC. Plus it will give him OH which was a huge deciding state in 2008. He clearly is not going to pick Rubio, and I'm not sure if he would pick Cruz after his eligibility rants against him. Christie won't give him any help in the south or Midwest. As ianimal said he wouldn't even help him in NJ

Then if elected he will pick Christie as his Attorney General and Palin as his Secretary of Energy. Those are the 2 positions they have been vocal that they want.

darwin darwin
Mar '16

That sounds like a pretty good call, Darwin....

Mar '16

darwin -

Very good calls on all your appointment conjectures under an apparently inevitable Trump administration. It may be difficult to accept the inevitable, but it is what it is.

DannyC DannyC
Mar '16

HA unfortunately that is not what I want but what I think will happen. :(

but if Trump does pick Kasich as VP then he will get my vote. that would be a very good move and at least show me he is capable of making smart decisions. As appose to McCain who sh1t the bed with his first major decision.

darwin darwin
Mar '16

I hope Trump uses Christie for whatever gain he can get then spits him out on the other side.

Christie in any position of Federal power is a bad thing.

Mark Mc. Mark Mc.
Mar '16

Agreed w/ conventional wisdom that Trump has to pick Kasich or Rubio as a running mate to help ensure victory in either of their states - whichever one he feels weakest in. I would assume Kasich because I don't think Trump needs help with Florida in the general.

Christie standing behind Trump at the press conference made me LOL w/ that stupid mug. All I kept thinking watching is that Trump is going to bitch slap Christie afterwards, in the back room. haha

brown bear2 brown bear2
Mar '16

Palin and Christie should hook up, what a couple of losers.

brown bear2 brown bear2
Mar '16

LOL, brownbear... it would be like something out of Analyze This:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We0QWq8ts5Y

"You want a fresh one, Jelly doughnut? You're breakin' my heart..."

ianimal ianimal
Mar '16

"Christie in any position of Federal power is a bad thing."

+1

Mar '16

Palin and Christie?

"I have seen the dinosaur outside my window, and it's from New Jersey".

It would give new meaning to her saying "Ooh, he's getting all mavericky in there and stuff".

If Christie were national, he'd have to spend two thirds of his time outside the country while sending back billion dollar invoices for him and his 150 people entourage's stay at the world's most expensive resorts.

So funny!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/compost/wp/2016/03/02/chris-christies-wordless-screaming/?postshare=1741456938040772&tid=ss_fb

Lady Jayne Lady Jayne
Mar '16

Chris Christie pouring a bag of M&Ms into a bigger bag of M&Ms.

http://imgur.com/G27tF1E

Mar '16

Love it! I just wish he would leave nj entirely.

A good day
Mar '16

What are we in the 5th grade? What nonsense pointing out and or repeating such an unimportant and meaningless moment. Really who cares. I don't care if he rolls up an entire pizza and eats it like a yodel. It is inconsequential.
Things such as his position on the issues or overall public policy making are fair game to be dissected, not low brow juvenile attacks that amount to zero other than perpetuating and highlighting the lack of sophistication and manners that seems to be the best many folks can offer.
Just my opinion of course.....

Politics is sooooooo poopadoodle.

Well, Christie's idol Jerry Jones said there is no evidence that playing football has caused brain injuries.

It's all about spin... just because he is Jerry Jones, Cowboys' fans probably believe him.

Andy Loigu Andy Loigu
Mar '16

Listen, I'm not his biggest fan, but they actually come like that. It's a bag of M&Ms inside a box. Pour bag into box.

btownguy btownguy
Mar '16

Another one. Funny there are so many available. Just my opinion of course. My personal favorite was the one of him on the Boardwalk with a giant ice cream cone in his hand I think he was yelling at some guy.

A good day
Mar '16

LOL. As long as one owns that fact that regurgitating that type of information is clearly telling the world this is the highest level of deliberation one can offer on a particular subject, then roll with with it. I personally take it for face value which clearly just solidifies my aforementioned point.
It's all good.

Christie's eating problem is just as real as a kid hooked on Meth...

I just saw the craziest thing on News 12....SOMEONE (I don't think they actually named the person) purchased for a few hundred dollars on auction a pair of signed Gov. Christie's gym shorts....besides immediately thinking "Ewww! Gross!" I then thought "WHY??" People will buy ANYTHING!!

behappydaily behappydaily
Mar '16

Google search " Chris Christie eating ". If you have nothing better to do that is. Funny.

A good day
Mar '16

I have never ever been bored enough to google Christy anything LOL

How much daily food intake does it take to maintain Christie's weight? The better to bear-hug Dem presidential candidates with, a la a few days before the 2012 general election. Hypocrite, traitor, opportunist and punk. "Stick a fork in him, he's done."

DannyC DannyC
Mar '16

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.