Snow 1/26/15

NOAA reporting a 50% chance of snow for Monday 1/26. Snow day???? :-)

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '15

Ok Calico, you're getting carried away now. Lol

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Jan '15

Looks like if it materializes it will be later in the day, perhaps an early closing?

Let's remember that the first two weeks of February have historically been the snowiest times, and it is just around the corner...

I see saturday being the ICK.. not so much monday.. sure could use a weekday snow day tho!

Dooni Dooni
Jan '15

Delayed Closing already called for Monday.

let's be honest now
Jan '15

Lets be honest now.....What? Delayed closing? Maybe you're trying to be funny?

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Jan '15

NOAA advises that it is going to be very cold next week with subzero wind chills. And it looks even worse during the first week of February. If you are low on heating fuel or have problems with your heating system you may want to address that now.

BLD2
Jan '15

The Monday storm doesn't look too impressive at this point.

Bryan Bryan
Jan '15

I'm seeing multiple sites saying Monday clipper small amount but Tuesday is gonna be pretty substantial we shall see

Firstworldproblems Firstworldproblems
Jan '15

Forget the snow, it's the prolonged cold snap that's gonna bugger us.

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Jan '15

Re: Snow 1/26/15

A guy I worked with spends a lot of time with weather predictions. I found this recent post on Facebook. Let's see how he does:

Speaking of snow... Before you read on, I'm not saying this is going to happen, it's just an interpretation of computer model output. There's enough sensationalism on social media about this crap as it is, but this is worthy of a mention.

This is a snapshot of the midday European model run. What you're looking at is a tremendously powerful low pressure system off the coast on Tuesday morning. It's just one run, but aside from having better verification scores than the other models in this timeframe, the European model generally does well with East coast snowstorms (including today's event). So it has better street cred than some of the other models in this regard. The model projects roughly 3.0" of liquid precipitation for our area, and there should be plenty of cold air to tap into this go around. So using 10-1 snow to liquid ratios, that translates to roughly... Well, do the math. I'm actually bashful to type that # out, lol. It appears that today's storm could act as a blocking mechanism to let this storm intensify off the coast. I'm not ready to buy it verbatim to be honest, I'd have to see if something similar appears in the overnight runs. Just saying, it's an epic run, worthy of mentioning. Stay tuned & be prepared for a long day on Tuesday...

Mr. Resident Mr. Resident
Jan '15

Thanks Mr Resident, that's extremely well thought out and informative. And it's great to be based on some data with a knowledge of meteorology instead of just a link to others work. He should be commended for the effort in trying to help.

Latest NOAA briefing -

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/phi/briefing/packages/current_briefing.pdf

Tuesday????? WTF? We should start a thread for 1/27 then.

Calico696 Calico696
Jan '15

This weather, as usual, is flip-flopping all over the place! I checked the weather early and there was supposed to be almost nothing on Tuesday and now they are saying we are getting another lovely snow storm. By Monday, who knows what it will say we will be having, maybe a 60 degree day! lol

sunshinenj sunshinenj
Jan '15

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.