whats going on route 80 east?

any one know what's happening on route 80 east? traffic at a standstill and no mention on the traffic/news stations. my parents have been stuck on rt 80 for about 1.5 hours and barely moved upon entry at exit 19.

just curious just curious
Nov '14

Truck with onions caught on fire.

http://www.mtolivebuzz.com/forum/650826

christography christography
Nov '14

got a nixle about it - didn't say what but problem is def heading east - hope your parents can get somewhere tonight

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

That was 1130 this morning. Still backed up?

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Nov '14

they finally passed the site but traffic is definitely backed up. The police and others are cleaning the site at this point. Thank you for the info.

just curious just curious
Nov '14

I just got home after almost one hour of bumper to bumper traffic on 517.

Kit Kat Kit Kat
Nov '14

Hackettstown is backed up too due to this. A lot of people are heading down Route 517 into Hackettstown and taking Route 46 east.

I thought that our crack police department had an emergency action plan that was supposed to spring into place when this happens? They promised!

Reggie Voter Reggie Voter
Nov '14

I bet that char grilled onion smelled good for a bit...until it got mixed in with the burning plastic and rubber.

emaxxman emaxxman
Nov '14

517 is backed up coming down from 80 into Hackettstown. From when I got to the new light at the 80 overpass until I got into my driveway took 40 minutes. 80 East was a parking lot, looking at it from the overpass. Hope it clears out soon!

MO Htown MO Htown
Nov '14

I am very serious - when this happened a few years back, the Hackettstown police said it would never happen again. They were going to spring into action and man all of the traffic lights and keep the traffic flowing.

Reggie Voter Reggie Voter
Nov '14

I was stuck in that for over an hour on my way to my obstetrician appointment (didn't make it). Left the house at noon and barely made it to the little truck stop on the right by 1pm. It was horrible. Plus, there were 4-5 oversize truck loads w/modular homes it looked like taking up 2 1/2 lanes, making it hard for emergency personnel to get by. The fire from the truck must have extended into the woods because they were spraying water into the woods next to it.

sunshinenj sunshinenj
Nov '14

I also was stuck in it. Left at 1pm for an appointment in Morristown at 2:15pm. Was still on the same spot at 2:15! Horrible. Never made my appointment owe them money and still have to wait til Dec. 16 for another! Got home 3 hours later and never made it out of Warren County!

Then my daughter calls me at 6pm NJ Transit dropped them off in Lake Hopatcong because someone was hit by a train in Netcong. Had to drive back that way.

boy am I glad I don't go that way to work! UGG!

Christine Christine
Nov '14

I was heading west at 5:00 PM today and saw this mess. One of the biggest traffic jams I have seen on Rt 80.

from
Nov '14

Mantis man got hungry.

Re: whats going on route 80 east?

So glad I didn't have work today. Sounds like it was still pretty backed up at 6:30 tonight which would have been the time I'd be passing by there. I heard on WRNJ that traffic was backed up for 12 miles!!??

http://www.nj.com/morris/index.ssf/2014/11/tractor-trailer_carrying_onions_catches_fire_closes_route_80_lanes.html

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.