Police Checkpoint?

in the middle of Grand Ave by Centenary ---I think they're looking for expired inspection stickers...............hope yours is up to date

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

Sorry to do this but I am computer illiterate. I want to ask a question but I don't know how to post. Hopefully, someone will read this and answer. Does anyone know a repairman for hot tubs. Can't find one. Thanks a lot.

sientje smith sientje smith
Nov '14

Sientje: I would think a licensed plumber would be able to repair a hot tub. Have you tried any of them?

joyful joyful
Nov '14

wow - a new record for the subject taking a twist...lol

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

To post a new thread:

Scroll down to the end of the list of threads on the Forum home page and click on "Start a New Topic".

Calico696 Calico696
Nov '14

Or they could be looking for something/ someone a bit more serious...

Spring Fever Spring Fever
Nov '14

I don't think so - they had cars pulled over in a lot across the street - so something they could visually see and then pursue

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

They usually have the DMV truck in the lot too.

botheredbyuu2 botheredbyuu2
Nov '14

sientje smith ....hmmm, sounds like a distraction from the original post.

Wonder if this is a new technique of the HPD, or just an innocent non-sequitur by someone named Sientje....

Try doing a search on "sientje." No, just don't bother.

I'll bet this checkpoint is grant-funded.

Of course, it's not all about the money 'cause this special enforcement effort makes us all safer drivers...for a few minutes.

jjmonth4 jjmonth4
Nov '14

Where can I store away my BBQ grill for the winter?

Clyde Potts Clyde Potts
Nov '14

there's a little room at that checkpoint - or perhaps it would fit in a hot tub

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

A cop was sitting in the Presbytarian parking lot over looking Washington St. this morning at 8:30am , as I drove by, he was speeding down the rd. to stop a car, that had went by the parking lot, where he was watching. With lights on, pulled the car over.

Anthony
Nov '14

Another non-sequitur!

Clyde, don't tell me, you're really Sgt. Darren Tynan!

Pretty soon, you will be on WRNJ telling us all how safe we are now as a result of this checkpoint.

Oh wait, we met once. You didn't sound like him....but perhaps you were undercover??

jjmonth4 jjmonth4
Nov '14

Clyde I would say in the attic, on that note, I heard they are putting a Bojangles Famous Chicken and Biscuits where the old White Castle was.

Denis Denis
Nov '14

lmbo --- yes that stands for laughing my butt off

5catmom 5catmom
Nov '14

Bojangles? Yuck!!

Nov '14

What rhymes with orange?

rapmuzik rapmuzik
Nov '14

NJ has such an easy inspection program that anyone who ISN'T up to date really needs to get a ticket. Ask anyone who lives in PA how they like their state inspection...

FormerTenant FormerTenant
Nov '14

Sorry jj, but Sientje is a real person. Joyful & I know her as do many on the HL. Most of us know how to pronounce her name, what school she attended, we know who her husband, father, in-laws, her brothers and sisters, when she born and most of all her heritage to this town. What you don't know would surprise you. So please don't be rude, you never know who's watching.

auntiel auntiel
Nov '14

Whats going on? Lol!! 4 cops have 1 car pulled over on Rt57 west just before Licon. 3 Mansfield, 1 Pburg. Someone was a bad boy.

Nov '14

Jeez auntiel, not being rude, just ignorant. Pronunciation is likely see-ent-EH.

My apologies to Sientje....and I was just having fun with Clyde. He really isn't Darren Tynan....unless he's still undercover!

...and yeah, the PA inspection protocol sucks, in addition to being expensive, if you live in an emissions requirement county like I do.

Hope everyone has a nice Thanksgiving and increases their trigger pull when the family starts arguing (this means don't start shooting yer' mouth off when the first verbal grenade is tossed.)

And, I still hate checkpoints. It's a Fourth Amendment thing....

jjmonth4 jjmonth4
Nov '14

jjmonth4, fully agree! If you look at the police blotter after one of the checkpoints, there are all kinds of citations issued - say it is a seatbelt checkpoint, they issue tickets for registration, insurance, window tint, driver's license, etc. issues. If their warrant is for seatbelt checks, that is what they should check.

Reggie Voter Reggie Voter
Nov '14

"Whats going on? Lol!! 4 cops have 1 car pulled over on Rt57 west just before Licon. 3 Mansfield, 1 Pburg. Someone was a bad boy."

Obviously it must've been a black guy.

;)

JeffersonRepub JeffersonRepub
Nov '14

Thanks, Auntiel, for explaining the interruption of this thread by Sientje. Yes, I am aware who this lovely lady is and how embarrassed she must be right about now for interrupting this thread and not knowing how else to get the information she was looking for. On the other hand, I would have done the same if I did not know another way...Just for the record, I know Clyde too and, take my word for it....He is not Sgt. Darren Tynan....

joyful joyful
Nov '14

You should drive my truck I don't get a inspection sticker police just love to pull me over till they read the vin number and see I am exempt

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Nov '14

Why are you exempt?

Reggie Voter Reggie Voter
Nov '14

Joyful - I don't know I've never seen the two of them in the same place. Maybe he's just deep, deep, deep, deep under cover...

Just one more reason I never drive into Hackettstown.

MrCharlie
Nov '14

someone working that deep undercover needs a good handler,

who's handling clyde?

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Nov '14

Caged animal Hopefully they will pull you over tomorrow with all that snow and ice on your vehicle that you are too lazy to remove. Or are you excempt from that also ?

jerseycash5
Nov '14

My first thought was seatbelt check when I went through.

Sam25 Sam25
Nov '14

Reggie Voter my truck is a 96 diesel which has no emission test and there no longer do safety inspections so DMV told me no longer bring it for inspection .

and jerseycash 5 I remove the snow that I can and let the rest blow off its a good way to keep people from following to close

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Nov '14

Sientje, There used to be a place on 206 N in Flanders that fixed hot tubs. I can't recall the name, but it's the small building that has the glass sunroom front. Sign may say something about pools. Sorry I can't offer more information.

Rosie G. Rosie G.
Nov '14

End of month revenue drive.

Would be easier if they just set up a basket and we all could throw change in.

mistergoogle mistergoogle
Nov '14

Would be easier if they just set up a basket and we all could throw change in

Don't give them any ideas.

Melvin Melvin
Nov '14

"Policing for Profit" happens at many different levels. "Checkpoint creep" is minor compared to the egregious act of theft through civil forfeiture laws.

Every passing day seems to make my gravatar that much more relevant.... :-(

justintime justintime
Nov '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.