Lantern Tour of Hackettstown

I have seen this event advertised but I would like a little more detail than what is on the website and the ads. If any of you have done this tour in the pas will you please tell me about it?

Curiously Curiously
Oct '14

Hackettstown Haunted Lantern Walks and Paranormal Investigation
October 25th & 26th
To Reserve Tickets or for More Info, Please Go To"
http://facebook.com/hackettstownparanormal or e-mail hackettstownpamjon@verizon.net
Tours Start at 5:30 pm. Investigation Time 9pm - 1am
Tours $10 PP Investigation $20 PP (over 18 years only)

This is a fund raiser for the Hackettstown Historical Society.

Ms Fishy Ms Fishy
Oct '14

Anyone going to the investigation?

Bessie Bessie
Oct '14

Re: Lantern Tour of Hackettstown

I'm going to the investigation! ;)

John C John C
Oct '14

We still have some spots open for the Paranormal Investigation at Centenary College on Sunday night. PM me for info. We also have spots open for the lantern walks on different time slots.

John C John C
Oct '14

John C ~ any information on the tours yet? We haven't planned a Halloween trip this year, and will probably be staying close to home due to some unexpected circumstances. Perfect year to check out the tour.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Sep '15

This year we will be doing a Tilly Lantern tour. They are on Oct 23rd and 24th beginning at 5:30 pm. Tickets are $12 per person by reservation (to me)and you pay the night of the walk. I'll also be at Lowes on Saturday taking reservations. Don't forget the paranormal investigations at Centenary College those same nights. For $35 you get a Tilly Lantern Walk plus a 4 hour investigation. Neat way to get ready for Halloween. And you get to meet some TAPS folks!

John C John C
Sep '15

John, back in 2008, my husband and daughter attended the Centenary program, around Halloween. They were impressed. When they were leaving and walking to the car, the weather changed to a very heavy rain and the next day we had wet heavy snow that crippled our area. Trees down, road closures, a lot of damage. It seems to me that storm was the beginning of our nasty weather patterns we have been experiencing. I know it sounds strange but do you remember that storm? In addition, they both stated that they heard my brother's voice, he passed away one year earlier. I may have dismissed one claim but even my husband said it was him. I am a skeptic but I have thought about it since then.

justwondering justwondering
Oct '15

Thanks John. Will talk to everyone and get our game plan together..

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Oct '15

Yes I remember that storm. Interesting about hearing your brothers voice.

John C John C
Oct '15

Ok JrzyGirl88. Feel free to private email me if you wish to make reservations.

John C John C
Oct '15

I have 2 tickets left for each night (Friday and Saturday) for the Centenary College Investigation. All money raised goes to the HHS Museum.
I am also taking reservations for the Tillie Smith Lantern walks. You can email me for reservations or more info by clicking on the envelope next to my name.

John C John C
Oct '15

Thanks John. We are still trying to figure some stuff out with some upcoming appointments, but hopefully will know later this week if we are able to go on the tour that weekend.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Oct '15

JohnC ~ will there be any tours this year?

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Sep '16

JrzyGirl88 - Thanks for finding the thread. I was wondering the very same thing just this morning. Not just the walk, but the paranormal investigation too. Any word John C.? I see nothing's on the October calendar... .

Phil D. Phil D.
Sep '16

I've been very busy since TAPS has left SYFY and is moving to another network. I am now a full time investigator, senior historian and tech person. The number of investigations has increased keeping me on the road more than before. I might put something together at the last moment in time for Halloween. I'll let you all know.

John C John C
Oct '16

Glad to see things are going so well for you John C! Thanks for the update, I'm sure I won't be the only one keeping their eyes peeled, just in case.

Phil D. Phil D.
Oct '16

Wow JohnC glad to hear your doing so well with everything. Thanks for the update on the tours, will be waiting to hear if something comes together. Please keep us posted on your adventures. Phil D we had a really fun time last year, was hoping to get a different group of friends interested in going this year.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Oct '16

What network will be airing Ghost Hunters? John C?

Hot corner Hot corner
Oct '16

JrzyGirl88

I know you must've had fun. I was there for the 2nd night investigation (Oct. 26th) :-)

Unfortunately, while Mr. Sullivan (author of "In Defence of Her Honor") was supposed to lead the walk preceding the investigation, he wasn't able to make it. I wondered how the investigation would have gone with him on the premises. I was also surprised at the place shown as where Tillie was found, since for some reason I'd been thinking it was on the opposite side of the building and a bit further away from the Seay Admin. building's location, since I'd thought it was built partly on the footprint of the old building.

Phil D. Phil D.
Oct '16

Hot corner, I believe it is on the Travel Channel now

Mansfield mama Mansfield mama
Oct '16

John, is there a link for the tour overview or gallery from last years?

Unfortunately I couldn't get my friends to do the actual "investigation" we just did the walk but still had a good time. Learned some very interesting things about some of the old houses in town. I found a copy of Mr. Sullivan's book a few months ago and have been looking forward to reading it before the tour.

JrzyGirl88 JrzyGirl88
Oct '16

You can find photos from the Centenary investigations on the facebook pages for Hackettstown Paranormal Group and also the Centenary College Paranormal Investigation page also on facebook. We were able to film 2 images that appear to be full body apparitions. Those shots can be found on those facebook pages. I also posted them here on HL.

John C John C
Oct '16

Congrats John C! Very exciting news and we're all looking forward to any "stuff" you can share with us.

Christina Christina
Oct '16

Last years headline

John C John C
Oct '16

One of the most interesting photos of the night filmed with a high resolution custom camera on the second floor in the Whitney Chapel

John C John C
Oct '16

Thanks John, not sure what that photo is though...

With the Flir it looks to be a larger figure and a smaller figure. The Flir registers heat. The red is very hot with blue being the hottest.

John C John C
Oct '16

Will the ghost hunt be happening this year? Will it be at Centenary again or possibly a new location?

weebiekins weebiekins
Oct '17

I am currently still working with the Ghosts of Shepherdstown crew but might be able to put together something local soon.

John C John C
Oct '17

Great! Thanks :)

weebiekins weebiekins
Oct '17

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.