Carpet Cleaning

Yes I looked at the older threads but there was very limited information. I need someone who steam cleans as the carpet - in the basement - was once christened by cats - It's not gorgeous carpeting but I don't plan to replace it any time soon - so
I really need a thorough cleaning.............Thanks

5catmom 5catmom
Sep '14

I've used Stanley Steamer and have been happy with their service.

Singlemaleinnj Singlemaleinnj
Sep '14

Jim Cole (973) 219-3142.. used him for a pure white carpet.. Came out perfect!!

resident resident
Sep '14

Stanley steamer is very good. Great results with my family room rug.

Denise Denise
Sep '14

We've used Garlick Carpet Cleaning a number of times. They are really great and affordable. (908)852-4617

lsricc lsricc
Sep '14

I would go with Garlick

hackettstowngal4
Sep '14

Garlick Carpet Cleaning excellent service!

outsider outsider
Sep '14

great Thanks - will call them.

5catmom 5catmom
Sep '14

Service One, Chemical Free Cleaning... Chip did an outstanding job on my light colored carpeting throughout my home. It looks like I bought brand new carpeting! My husband is going to be impressed! I've had a sweet, but dirty dog for 15 years and 3 dirty children underf 11. I cannot believe how great my carpets came out. And the cost was less than I expected, Way under $400 I anticipated, and that is with two sets of stairs and carpeted basement. 908.362.5217 Chip is the owner. Blessings to you all! I am now ready to host Thanksgiving and Christmas parties!

I'm going to give Chip a call! I love that it's chemical free!!! I have a small apartment so I'm hoping it won't cost too much. Just wondering...since I live in an apartment complex, should I pay for it or my landlord?

JB0103 JB0103
Dec '14

I cannot recommend Service One more highly. They came and did my finished basement and sofa (and threw in a spot clean on a chair and little rug) and did a FANTASTIC job. Chemical free. My walls were protected from the hoses and everything was cleaned up beautifully when done. Wouldn't go with anyone else after having Service One here.

Natalie Natalie
Jan '15

I second Garlick service. Efficient, effective, neat and Local.

If these companies don't use chemicals, what do they use, magic wands?

ianimal ianimal
Jan '15

Garlick user here too. Very affordable local family run business. Plus they have coupons in the val pak.

ianimal,
Service One used super hot water with a tiny bit of plant based soap. This is in contrast to other companies like ChemDry who use toxic chemicals on your carpet.

Natalie Natalie
Jan '15

Thank you HL for review of Garlick Carpet Cleaning. Efficient, professional & affordable. Did a great job @ my house yesterday!! Will definitely use them again as I like to support local businesses.

I rented a Big Green Cleaning Machine from Lowe's and bought the heavy duty cleaner - it was fantastic!!! With the cleaner, using it one day, it was about $65. I was able to do a few other rooms in the house also for the 24 hour time period.

Terry Terry
Jun '15

Whoever recommended Garlick Carpet Cleaning on this thread, thanks a million. Local guy, knew exactly where I was, called me right back with a quick quote. Harry himself came with an assistant and did a fast, professional, and thorough job on some pretty dingy beige carpet. I had no idea what the cost might be going in but the end price was well below what I expected, very very happy with this service.

Matt D Matt D
Apr '16

I wasn't one of the people that recommended them but certainly would. I've had a great experience as well. Local people instead of national franchises, very professional, and very reasonably priced. Good people.

Living with beige carpeting & dogs, cats, & young grandchildren, Garlick Carpet Cleaning is on my speed dial. Fantastic service!!

Need carpets cleaned due to allergies. Can't remove them all but I want them cleaned. Is steam cleaning best for allergy sufferers? Is Stanley Steamer or a local company best for my situation? Thanks for suggestions.

justwondering justwondering
Sep '16

I use Stanley Steamer as often as I can and I say they are the best. Your rugs will look amazing. They do advertise to be as allergy free as possible. Another local company, Garlick, is also recommended, and may be satisfactory as well.

Denise Denise
Sep '16

Thanks Denise. Do you have allergy sufferers in your home? Do they deodorize the carpet or is that putting more chemicals down that would not be good for us. New diagnosis for my daughter and I want to help the situation. I can't afford to remove all rugs and no hardwood under them so I thought a thorough cleaning would help.

justwondering justwondering
Sep '16

I have pets and smokers so that's the reason for my picking Stanley Steamer. I felt that my rugs looked brand new after a cleaning session. I believe they can deodorize, at additional charge, but the results are certainly worth it!

Denise Denise
Sep '16

Sears is good also.

my thoughts my thoughts
Sep '16

I highly recommend... Garlick Carpet Cleaning. Efficient, professional & affordable. Did a great job @ In my basement!! Will definitely use them again as I like to support local businesses. (908)852-4617

LibertyThinker LibertyThinker
Aug '17

Garlick +1

Strangerdanger Strangerdanger
Aug '17

Sears Home Cleaning did a great job.

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.