Homeschooling Info

I thought I would post this information as I've received some emails from a few people on the forum. I am not an expert when it comes to homeschooling, but I hope this is helpful.

Your first resource should be:

hslda.org This will answer all your legal questions, but fortunately NJ is one of the easier states to homeschool in. In NJ you do not have to report. Here is a link to the map that states in NJ the state requires no notice https://www.hslda.org/laws/default.asp?

I highly recommend getting a memerbship with HSLDA. They are your legal resource and you can call them and ask them ANY questions you have related to homeschooling.

There are many curricula to choose from. It just depends what you're looking for.

megan megan
Sep '14

homeschooling is a very good thing when done right,

the home schooled individuals i have known are generally better educated and overall better balanced as people, (more polite, more mature, more engaging) then public schooled individuals, this is my personal experience

it's time to give equal footing and respect for the educational options out here, homeschooling, charter schools, private schools and parochial schools, all are decent options when compared to the public schools.

i am so very tired of the monopoly public school systems claim on our kids education, public schools as institutions are very quick to criticize anyone who chooses a different path in life.

it's sad, it's in-tolerant, and it's non-inclusive, and that's not a good thing.

k-12.com is a great resource, and there are many home schooling groups who conduct activities for home schoolers.

BrotherDog BrotherDog
Sep '14

there is a program for home schooled kids at Antler Ridge Wildlife Center - worth pursuing if you are going to home school

5catmom 5catmom
Sep '14

Will home schooling pre pair children for the dog eat dog world we live in I don't think so

Question anyone know why public schools were created any way

Caged Animal Caged Animal
Sep '14

I do, my question to you is do you? Do I need to go into detail? It's quite simple. Our founding fathers understood as a free society we could not exist without a well-educated populace. Having an educated populace makes for a stronger, more productive society. If humans have been on earth for thousands of years, then why did it take so long to invent the light bulb?

auntiel auntiel
Sep '14

Back to the Top | View all Forum Topics
This topic has not been commented on in 3 years.
Commenting is no longer available.